Species of Equestria 421 members · 593 stories
Comments ( 21 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 21

What animal species would you think would be passable in MLP with the same capacity as ponies?

I am thinking of using a different species in a story, so i want to have a few ideas to think over.

One that I've used before is Stags, which is just another vanilla term for deer and also have a European themed culture, and another one I am considering is Camels for Arab ethnicities.

EstrellaEssentia
Group Admin

4149688 I feel like deer could be a possible canon creatrure, but as for camels, it might be very interesting. :twilightsmile:
Estrella Essentia
~ Stay Creative. Stay Happy. Stay Helpful.

4149688 I read a story where someone used sphinxes as species.
It's fitting, considering minotaurs, gryphons and manticores, don't you think?

Stags, which is just another vanilla term for deer

Stags are specifically large male deer. There's a whole bunch of different words for deer, but they're usually gender-specific.

4149820 i use stag as a blanket term for the deer because it sound more proud than just "deer".

4149688 Tentacle ponies!

4150029 No. Just... no.

4150029 ive seen enough My Little Pony to know where this is going...

While were on it, how is the idea of sentient dogs, i've used them twice if you want an example.

I use reindeer. It's really dealer's choice, if you think you can pull it off, then go for it.

4150842 Sapient dogs = Diamond dogs.
You mean wolves, right?

4152653 as in talking German Shepherds and cockney English Bulldogs.

4152728 Under-types of Diamond Dogs. Why did you think the Doggy 3 look different than the Guard-dogs and eachother?

4152750 In our universe German SHepherds is an race of dogs, and in Equestria German Shepherds would be a race of Diamond Dogs.

4152751 i suppose that could work.

Pretty much anything real or fictional, if Flutters explaining all the species in the gardens isn't a clue enough, as were the Saddle Arabian delegates, and the fact almost every other episode implies or shows a new fiction creature, usually from myths, among other things. I think the only things that may not be in Equestria might be humans and most prehistoric life-forms, which means that the insufferable canon purists who throw hissy fits for introducing Gargoyles, Przewalki's Horses, Enfields, Wyverns, wolves, and dolphins to Equestria, are really stepping out of line. All of these and more probably exist in Equestria.

Enfields?

Okay, i was just wondering about introducingan earth species that would be as intellegent and capable as a pony in the show.

4149688 Deer. Reindeer. Camels. Giraffes. Penguins. Rams.

Alright, from the species I've heard from this thread, in my opinion there could be:
Sphinxes, deer, tentacle ponies(new generation sea pony?), Diamond dog races, camels, penguins, sheep, wyverns, dolphins, and gargoyles.
I also think that batponies could be a feasible species. However, there are not caused the same way as vampires and Flutterbat: they are borne from the Everfree forest. Their Pegasus forms have prominent bat wings, their Unicorn forms have enormous ears with special parts for magic (brain-->mental control-->ear-->aetheric field outside), and Earth Pony forms had hooked claws and sharper teeth, although they are not suitable for biting stuff.
I also think that Timberwolves could be sentient and have a society, but are extremely reclusive. If they must hunt, they put their better minds aside and kill. Plus all of their cities are deep in Everfree caves.
Maybe shapeshifters, which would be more of a rogue species.

4150029 Thanks, I second this motion.
If it is acceptable, goopony should be around too.
4168417 Oh, seccond the Gargoyle as well.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 21