Elric of Melnipony: The Group 81 members · 54 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

I'm looking for other fans of the Eternal Champion; I know there are a few of you around here and there...

Which stories have you read? Just the core Elric Saga, or the later novels as well? One or both Corum trilogies? The Hawkmoon books? The stories of Erekosë / John Daker? The DC Comics miniseries (or the compiled trade paperback) Michael Moorcock's Multiverse? The short-story collections Tales of the White Wolf and/or Pawns of Chaos? How well do you know the Champion Eternal and his/her struggle?

And if you're not familiar with Elric of Melniboné -- let alone the other heroes who are, like him, aspects of a "Hero with a Thousand Faces" and then some -- but would like to learn a little about some very influential fantasy literature, we can talk about that, too.

Luminary
Group Contributor

Haven't read any yet. But between you and other sources, it's next on Lumie's fiction-consumption list.

Sufficed to say I know nothing about him other than that he has a sapient sword and has some kind of love/hate relationship with his subjects and position. Also, if turned into a pony, he's white.

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

I know nothing about him other than

You actually know a fair amount compared to many people. :twilightsmile:

he has a sapient sword

He does. As a matter of fact, it inspired the rules for intelligent swords in the earliest days of Dungeons & Dragons. Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson lifted about as much from the Elric stories as they did from "Lord of the Rings".

some kind of love/hate relationship with his subjects and position

That's putting it mildly, yes.

Also, if turned into a pony, he's white.

Well, that's because he's an albino. Some folks have even credited him for the increased popularity of albino characters in fiction since his first appearance...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3