The Life of A Wanted Changeling Series! 83 members · 7 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15

How did you find this story? Did you find it in recommended? Found it in featured? Suggested by friends? I'd love to hear it!

Down with Chrysalis
Group Admin

Well I made it sooooo...yeah

I found it since the first story came out, I thought it died, but my computer is still a bitch and didnt tell me it updated sometimes and could not put enough responses in and have a cameo in the current story

BrownDog77
Group Admin

It was in the featured slot, and I (being a veteran of Wake up see this what do?) Decided to read all of the first season in one sitting before commenting on the second episode of this season because comment driven stories are fun :pinkiehappy:

Kersey475
Group Contributor

Didn't you also work on that SNOWFLAME comment-driven fanfic?

I was here since the beginning because I laughed so much at the above fanfic.

I hope you guys didn't expect a short "Oh, I found in the features" or "Oh, my pal XXX told me about". No, this will be a long campfire story. Good luck going through the TL:DR phases.

----

It began when I was an idiot...

I was a doof of a fool, not knowing how to play the proper game of Purple Prose, when I found a thing called "Wake Up. See this. What do." It was random. It was stupid. It was beautiful. And so, just as stupid, I read the first of many chapters. I liked it. I didn't know why, but I liked it. Then, I decided to share my stupid among the masses. There, I bear witnessed the epic comments of BrownDog and Kersey, along with a myriad of others who joined.

Since then, my idoicy sharpened into a proper blade. It became my will, and soon, it became my greatest weapon in IRL schooling. Who'd think amusing your own English teacher could actually be feasible? When my loyalty stayed, the great Razor the Awesome enlisted me into a "Sidestory". The idea was supposed to be a joke and made for fun, but it became real. And soon, the story that was funny became serious.

Many times, I was called to action, grasping the keyboard and doing my best for the good of the small community the comment-driven story made. But one day, it began to decline. Daily updates became Weekly, and weekly became bi-weekly. Until, one day, Razor just stopped. It's may be a dumb thing, but it's also a undeniably weird and interesting thing that died.

Since then, I wandered, building my digital bookshelf with the brilliant works of many other dedicated authors, sometimes digesting them in hopes of becoming one with the mental style of Master ShortSkirts&Explosions. I binge read 100k+ worded stories for the rest of those days. However, none of the gave the "spark" that originally gave me the strength to post page-long "comments" on a mindlessly awesome whim.

Something possessed me to find more, to keep on looking for this...thing I wanted to feel. I looked at stuff like that "Snowflame" rabble, stalked the web for some of my previous colleagues, until I finally found a rather deserted and ghostly group, a group dedicated to compiling the works of Comment-Driven stories. So, that one summer day, which was last year, rather close to today's date, I found the first season of this nutty awesome of a Series.

Life of a Wanted Changling, 100k+ words in as of July 2014. 100K+! I couldn't believe it! What unbelievable guy would post chapters everyday and some reach 100k in a matter of a few months?! And so, that was how I found Down With Chrysallis.

Read it. Why? Because changelings are awesome. But soon, I grew to love the funny misadventure of Bugze. It was until things became heated and deep and dark, that I looked at my hands...and realized that they were typing a comment! Something deep inside me awakened. After a few days of witnessing the awesome upon each digital page and spending several sleepless nights reading it, I realized the determination this tribe of a Comment-Driven story actually had. The efforts found in ach commentator and author alike had moved me, and so, by their efforts, I followed in loyalty to this new glorious awakening.

After months of absence, Grey Rebl the suggestion commentator was back to wield the pen!

It was then that I realized that I haven't found and seen and felt the heart of this Comment-Driven story yet, even when I read all those many words. No, I found it when I started to have fun commentating again. In a way, it was a happy reunion.

And so, I smiled like an old man, typing about retarded drabble among digital friends ever since...

Because ponies are cool.

-----

However, my story will never beat that one Bugze-named cup at Starbucks story from a while back.

Down with Chrysalis
Group Admin

That...that was beautiful! You are just awesome you know that! It's comments like these, long and very descripted, that put a smile on my face everyday. So thanks for this, it's just awesome.

Also, was that group you found the one I made up?

Yup. The very one.

Down with Chrysalis
Group Admin

That's just even more awesome!

4540526 Duh. XD
4540721 I know that feel
4540787 I actually feel really guilty for not reading GoT. I just didn't relize how fun it is! And tbh, this fic led me to WUSTWD. Best decision ever.
4541515 Dang, WUSTWD must have been really awesome. As for my story on WUSTWD, I got caught up as quickly as possible, scrolling faster than Usain Bolt (Maybe not quite as fast) but I was there in time to witness the fall of WUSTWD. I was sad to see another great series go, just like Ray of Dusk. I desperatly looked for more works of Razor and Ken, and read most of them. Snowflame, universe hopping princess, Dimensional Battle Royale, but I still haven't read the Enterprise or Game of Twits. A promise you all that I will look for it and read it as soon as posssible.

Kersey475
Group Contributor

soon, I grew to love the funny misadventure of Bugze. It was until things became heated and deep and dark, that I looked at my hands...and realized that they were typing a comment!

1. Which part/arc of TLoaWC are you referring to with that underlined part?

2. Also, I don't recall ever commenting for "Wake Up. See this. What do."

1. Nightshade "dying", betrayed by Trixie, and beating a cub senseless. Well, not quite as dark and deep as the description itself portrays it.

2. I thought you were. Might actually be in the "Snowflame" thing. Hmm. Eh, that was a long time ago, so my memory might lag a bit.

BrownDog77
Group Admin

4540830 Yes I did, sadly that story got cancelled :fluttercry:
But by then Me and Razor were the only ones commenting. There was a plan in place for Team Snowflame to Fight Blueblood's team, but it never came about.
It would have been funny.

So I actually found this story by complete accident. I was looking around in one of the second person story groups and found the story "Wake up. See this. What do." While I did find it funny and entertaining, I quickly lost interest near the end of it. It just lost it's appeal from me, so I never read the sequel. However, while looking at the suggestions, I saw it.

"The Life of A Wanted Changeling"

Seeing as I was massive changeling lover, I decided to take a look at it. Several seconds after I started reading the first chapter, I almost dropped the story. Not because of the concept or anything, but for some reason I had a difficult time reading it. (It always turns off my desire to read.) But I decided to keep on reading because I would giggle like a schoolgirl from what I could make out. I honestly have no idea why I had a hard time, reading it now I can read it perfectly fine.

Anyway, I'm really glad I decided to persevere and keep on reading. Every chapter always put a huge smile on my face, or left me chuckling for the rest of the day.

I'm also glad I decided to add my comments for this story. I'd always shout in triumph when I would see that my comment was part of the story, no matter how small it was.

All in all, thanks for making this story. It's something I'll always remember as my favorite changeling story.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15