The Life of A Wanted Changeling Series! 83 members · 7 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13
Kersey475
Group Contributor

Hey Hive Mind, as the editor of TLoAWC this fic is a fun ride, but I can't help but wonder what this fic could've been like now if Bugze was just a normal changeling without Nightshade, the Nightmare Powers, or even the episode arcs.

Inspired by this wondering, I've decided that sometime in the future, I will write my first fanfic for this site and it is going to be a comment-driven adventure about a changeling who finds himself stranded in the Everfree after the Canterlot Invasion (obviously inspired by this fic).

The only things set in stone so far about this changeling is:
-A. The changeling is male (yes, gender shouldn't really matter to a changeling due to the fact they can disguise as different species (let alone gender), but for the sake of simplicity, the changeling is male).
-B. The changeling likes and has seen alot of movies and serials (references/quotes FTW)
-C. The changeling is unlucky (need comedy and to make sure the commenters don't get too reliant on the disguise ability)

Everything else about the changeling (abilities, history, traits, name, etc.) will depend upon the comments. So I ask you guys;

1. What do you guys think of the idea?

2. Should the fic be rated Everyone or Teen?

3. Should the fic be told in the first (I am flying), second (You are flying), or third (The changeling is flying) personpony?

4. When should the fic take place? Obviously it will be after the Royal Canterlot Wedding (and thus after seasons 1 and 2 of the show) but should it take place:
-Before Alicorn Twilight (During Season 3)?
-Before Tirek's defeat (During Season 4)?
-After Friendship Castle (During Season 5)?
NOTE: I could have the changeling being knocked into a brief coma upon landing so that he'll wake up in the latter two time periods

5. What should be the title of this new fic?

1- It seems a good idea, the hive mind expand itself, and not only guide Bugzee, now they are going to guide another poor Changeling until he decide to suicide itself.

2- Teen, Everyone sometimes censor a little too much

3- For me it don't matter, I vote in blank

4- Before Alicorn Twilight. Too bad it cannot be like our Bugzee that is just finishing season 2 but well...

5- I can't think of a good name

1. I like it.
2. Teen.
3. First.
4. Season 3.

1. Yeah let's do it!
2. Probably Teen
3. 2nd, It'll flow better
4. Before Alicorn Twilight
5. Life of a Changeling X

Kersey475
Group Contributor

Thank you for the input guys (especially since you guys seem to be the only Hive Minders noticing this thread), but let's not forget that Season 3 of MLP:FiM (aka, "Before Alicorn Twilight") is considered the "weakest" by many so perhaps a post-alicorn season wouldn't be that bad of an idea.

Oh, and Kichi and JoeyJumper, some of the questions have been revised/added to so you may want to look again

4526675 I edited and put a answer to question 5. But if season 3 is so "weak" why not do like Bugzee? Change the timeline and put the wedding a little after season 1

Kersey475
Group Contributor

Cause TLoaWC already did seasons 1 & 2 and I'm trying to make a psuedo-spinoff, not a rip-off.

And like I said, this changeling could've knocked into a brief sleep/coma upon landing in the Everfree which will explain him waking up later than the Canterlot Invasion (one thing I do have planned for the first chapter is the changeling suddenly gets a recent newspaper blown into his face at the end of the chapter and it'll be up to the commenters to comment what the newspaper reads)

Maybe he can wake up in everfree and get there just in time to see AliTwi.

BrownDog77
Group Admin

1. I like it.
2. Teen, because PG13 can get away with a lot of stuff
3. Second person, cause it harkens back to the idea that this is a RPG like DnD and the DM is telling you what happens and how you respond.
4. I say put him right during season 3, while the girls are off handling Sombra, he can interact with others aside from the mane cast
5. How about "Changeling See, Changeling Do," since it is the basic structure of a comment driven story. We the commentors see what's going on and react accordingly.

Maybe this changeling will be the one from slice of life.

1. I think this would be a good idea, new character, new quirks.

2. Teen, less need for censorship.

3. Second person, seems it would fit better due to it being interactive.

4. Before Alicorn Twilight. It would allow the character to have a fighting chance, compared to having to escape what basically amounts to one of the local deities actively hunting you. Besides, Twilight is already pretty powerful and diverse as a unicorn.

5. Hmm, I can't really think of anything that would fit.

1. I think it's a good idea, that way we can explore more of the changeling abilities.

2. Teen, because it's lot more difficult to filter comments on everybody, and people are a little immature sometimes.

3. Second person. This is essentially an RPG, so that's the best fit.

4. After Season 3, so shipping with background characters can commence! :pinkiehappy:

5. The Life of a Lonely Changeling.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13