The TwiCord Group 653 members · 206 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
SapphireSparks
Group Admin

Fluttershy treats Discord like a mother. It doesn't really feel romantic. Fluttershy scolds him when he does something wrong, Discord had to be pushed by her to make new friends, and basically does stuff a mom would do. It just doesn't feel like a romance could come out of it. What do you guys think? I'm curious why you would see TwiCord better than FlutterCord.

I kind of agree.
That and Fluttershy just does not seem like the kind of individual who would hook up with someone of Discord's personality type
She needs someone who is excessively kind and supportive while being able to take the lead and be protective.
Discord's nature is that of a playful manipulation.
He needs someone who can see through his shit and call him out on it.
Someone he can tease and that will be equal to him in his State of Mind.
To be honest the only real competition Twilight has for Discord is Celestia.

She's the only other individual that would fit that bill.
And sadly she is the only one he has actually flirted with in the show.
Fluttershy isn't even remotely on the list. The big worry us Twicord shippers have to worry about is Celesticord.

Deal_With_It_Horse
Group Admin

I agree. I don't ship it at all. I just can't see it working.

Bluegrass Brooke
Group Admin

5693928 Fluttershy really shows no respect for Discord as an individual. Rather than accepting that he is who he is, she seeks to constantly change him to suit her needs and gets angry when he is simply being himself. That is a decidedly unhealthy relationship. Besides, Fluttershy needs someone serious to listen and challenge her with logic and who isn't afraid to call her out on her trying to change people. One reason I ship her with Sombra, lol.

Twilight challenges his worldview, and makes him consider his actions beyond just an escape from reality. She sees through his tricks for what they are. Tricks and part of who he is. She doesn't seek to change who he is, only to see the real him. And that's why they work well together.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4