Super Smash Ponies 248 members · 437 stories
Comments ( 23 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 23
ZeroChill
Group Admin

So the deadline for the Smash Ballots is coming very soon. If you have not voted, now would be the perfect time to vote. From what I understand, here are some of the characters that are popular choices:

Inkling (Splatoon)
Isaac (Golden Sun)
Shantae (Shantae)
Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight)
King K. Rool (Donkey Kong)
Chibi Robo (Chibi Robo)
Bayonetta (Bayonetta)
Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X)

Who is your choice?

4706215 I like that line up of characters, Shovel Knight has an Amiibo so I'm sure he could get in...I would love to see Bayonetta since she could be what Dante is in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 and all the others look fine enough.

If I hadn't already put in a vote for Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia) a while ago, my vote from this list would definitely go to Isaac (Golden Sun). :eeyup:

ZeroChill
Group Admin

You can still change it while you can. (I'm guessing the Lloyd costume left you a bit bitter?)

I've casted several votes from different locations. My votes so far are Inklings, Rundas, Isaac and Elma. Those are four characters I would love to see in Smash as DLC.

(I'm guessing the Lloyd costume left you a bit bitter?)

Not at all. This is the first time I've heard of it, to be honest. I don't actually have Smash 4 yet, let alone either system to play it on... :twilightsheepish:

ZeroChill
Group Admin

You'd be surprised how bitter some people are when some of their favorite picks for character representatives are demoted to Mii costumes.

Nah, it takes more than that to surprise me. I personally try to be more relaxed about things like that, however. I wasn't actually expecting him to become a character at all, so I do think it's cool that he was included in the game somehow. :moustache:

ZeroChill
Group Admin

I know you would be relaxed, but the internet gets furious about these types of things.

4706215 Phoenix Wright, Shantae, Viridi and Fawful. I love all of them equally. (Except for Phoenix, I used all of my school's computers to vote for him a few months ago)

Simon Belmont.

4706215 We need Bandana Dee.

His cuteness combined with his badassery is seconded in Nintendo only by Riki from Xenoblade.

4706215 The Inkling would be amoung the hardest to make a moveset for so If would like to see how Nintendo would do that, I not to get people thinking about other potential unique gun fighters.

Also because Splatoon.

ZeroChill
Group Admin

If anything, Inkling would have the easiest moveset to design. Smashes would use a Blaster, Strong hits would use either the regular brush or Octobrush, Aerials would use the Slosher, Dash Attacks and Standard A Attacks would invoke the use of the Splattershot, and I'll get back to you on the throws.

Standard B would throw a Splat Bomb, Side B would have the Inkling pull out a Charger and using it again can unleash a powerful blast of ink, Down B would bring out the dreaded roller, and the Up B is a Super Jump.

As for the Final Smash, it has to be the Inkstrike. It was heavily promoted as a Super Weapon and it just has that 'Final Smash' feel to it.

4714174 Hmmm that does seem doable but I can't help but to think the mechanic where the Inklings turn into squids and climb their paint would be an important element to include.

I understand it isn't necessary now, but that's what I was talking about when I was referring to when I was thinking it would be hard to implement them in Smash.

ZeroChill
Group Admin

That's where the ink mechanic comes into play. Shielding on uninked land is just shielding. Shielding on your inked territory turns you into a squid that swims fast until you release the shield button. The only thing is that the Inkling is not able to create a protective bubble in this mode, but all the other forms of dodging still work.

That's a good way to implement the squid mechanic.

That sounds great!

Now it's just a matter of coding it all in. Which looks difficult to me, but then again I don't really know how creating assets and ink mechanics work.

I think they can do it! :pinkiehappy:

ZeroChill
Group Admin

If they code characters like Shulk, Robin, Ryu, Villager and Rosalina & Luma, then I'm pretty sure they can easily code Inkling.

True.

But then there's the Ice Climbers.

ZeroChill
Group Admin

That is due to the hardware limitations of the 3DS system and not the ability of the developers themselves.

I trust the devs, I'm referring to the hardware now.

So far new characters have been available for both 3DS and Wii U. So it still seems pretty possible that the Inkling could be added, though the hardware limit seems somewhat relevant?

I don't know tbh, I don't make games *shrugs*

ZeroChill
Group Admin

It's not. The reason why hardware limitations affected the Ice Climber's inclusion was because Nana had a special AI that would cause the game to severely downgrade in quality. This also goes for the characters with character change abilities. Inkling wouldn't change as a character at all, so it would be possible to inklude him/her into the game.

4706215 King K. Rool!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 23