Super Smash Ponies 248 members · 437 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
ZeroChill
Group Admin

Seeing as how they are out, I think it is time to discuss our opinions on the ever-curious Amiibos and their relation to Smash.

Yesterday, I got a Yoshi Amiibo and tried it out in Smash today. At first, the AI of the Amiibo was... less than stellar. However, with enough playing and learning from both the Smash A.I. and human players (My older brother and I), it is capable of demolishing pretty much everything. It can attack between frames, deals ungodly damage, can survive even the most powerful of blows and has amazing reaction time. To say I was stunned is an understatement; The Amiibo went from less than a Level 1 AI to a powerful force that is capable of winning against everyone with a minimum of 2 stocks left in a 3-stock match.

While an Amiibo doesn't really have the wanted price tag (13$ per figure), it might actually satisfy the itch of wanting to fight against ridiculously difficult AI.

Cool! I haven't got one yet, but I am wondering about how much the can level up differently, say if one amiibo is raised leveling up to 8 player smashes with all items on high spawn setting with all CPU at level 9 versus another amiibo who fights against a Professional Smash Player in Final Destination or Battlefield with no items all the time. I wonder how each will differ in battle?

And If I wanted to step it up maybe 7 amiibo could train with professional Smash Bros Players and 1 amibo could train with all 7 simultaneously with no items?

I hope the amiibo training can get that deep and complicated!

3843539 The thing I feel separates the amiibo from Skylanders and Disney Infinity is that you can use amiibo for more than just one game. I believe amiibo is supported by five games as of now and I know Nintendo plans to add more in the future. However, until I have a good number of games that support amiibo, I won't go out and buy an amiibo just yet.

The amiibo continue to learn even after level 50 and apparently, one of my friends was able to have two amiibo fight and grow smarter. In the not too distant future where Skynet has ruled over us all, we will remember its origins as humble, collectible figurines of Nintendo characters.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3