Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 122 members · 18 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

So I've been writing a Mystery Dungeon fanfiction on and off for years (not related to ponies, but related to here) and one of the biggest challenges I've had is figuring out how to explain something that doesn't work by conventional logic.

I've found ScyStorm's explanation in "Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: The Silver Resistance" to be useful, but lacking in some places.

Here's the section.

"A mystery dungeon? What's a mystery dungeon?"

Keeping a firm hold on Saura's vine in one hand, and holding his tail like a torch in the other, Char felt his head spinning with countless questions as he followed the Bulbasaur through dark corridors which split into countless side paths.

"This is a mystery dungeon," Saura said, keeping a wary eye in all directions. "It's a cursed maze that's very easy to get lost in. If you get lost… that's it for you. You'll stay in here forever until someone comes to rescue you, or… you starve to death."

Char felt a chill of fear stab at his chest. He instinctively tugged on Saura's vine harder, not wanting to get separated.

"Cursed? How is it cursed?"

"Nobody really knows what causes it," Saura explained, wincing as Char squeezed his vine, "but a mystery dungeon never stays the same. Some say that the curse erases your memories of the maze when you leave… Some say it's constantly shifting and re-arranging itself when nobody's looking, like a spatial anomaly created by Palkia… Hey, Char, you might want to help keep an eye out. We need to work together if we want to get out of this place."

catfire13
Group Admin

4263717 *scratches chin* hrmm?

4263717 I would be interted in an Explorers of Sky fic inspired by History of Trunks.

In my Mystery Dungeon: Pink Rescue Team fic I said:

“So this is a Mystery Dungeon? Cool!” Pinkie exclaimed. “What’s in them?”
“The layout changes everytime you go inside. if you faint in a dungeon, you appear right outside and lose all the stuff you collect!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed. “C’mon Pinkie!”

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6