Black Feather Development 23 members · 2 stories
Comments ( 17 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17

I cannot follow these utterly MASSIVE tsunamis of text without a lot of focus in just the right mood.
It would be a lot more handy to just verbally talk about it.

I can TL;DR it for you, if you like.

5412782 that would be handy.... it's kinda hard to take in and respond on a post when the standard of each post is about 200k words

Recon777
Group Admin

I'm on Google Hangouts. Maybe I can make a special Hangouts channel for the story if there's enough interest.

5412797 is there voice chat on this Google hangouts?

Each post is as long as Past Sins? Not quite. :ajsmug:
Anyway, just let me know if you want the short version of a thread.

5412803 ..... aye.. though honestly I can't take much interest in a thread to begin with unless I understand it.

Recon777
Group Admin

There is, but I see very little use in it.

because it is far easier to listen to a speech than to read a novel

General writing concepts (with Pen Stroke) - Recon and that pretentious pseudo-intellectual with the Bookhorse avatar blather about pacing and motivation in fiction. DuvetofReason chimes in. Pen eventually shows up and compares himself to an oil painter.
SaturnStar got a Nyx Plushie! - Copious fanboying by all.
Let's Meet Nightmare Moon - Recon attempts to square some circles he created with his convoluted backstory.
Let's Meet Dinky - Out-of-date fandom memes are given rather too much credence.
Flitter's Mind Meddling - Pretension on the subject of the morality of mind control and consciousness.
Dinky's Special Talent - Observations regarding the similarity between Dinky's ability and Fast Travel in Fallout.
Shields - Gratuitous overcomplication of simple fantasy tropes.
The Immortal Game - Trashing a random warfic. Somehow devolves into amateurish theology.
And so on. The 'Chapter X' threads are just editing threads, BTW. You don't need to pay them any attention.

5416795 ah thank you, a few of those sound really interesting...

Recon777
Group Admin

Bahahaha :rainbowlaugh:

Gratuitous overcomplication

What, me? Never! :duck:

convoluted backstory

Hey, now. Complex, fine. But surely not convoluted.
Convoluted is like spaghetti logic. I'm efficient, logical, and excessively detail oriented. :trixieshiftright:

The primary definition of 'convoluted' is actually 'extremely complex and difficult to follow', so feel free to take it as a compliment.

Recon777
Group Admin

Mixed feelings on that one. The aim is to make it extremely complex, but I'm trying to make it easy to follow, if possible. :twilightsmile:

I suppose time will tell if I am successful.

5417380 , I can't respond in walls of text that can keep up with yours, because I'm a straight to the point kind of person. That's difficult to be when it feels like I'm expected to cover every last point that was mentioned in full regarding previous posts. Thus, I in turn worry that my voice will be discarded simply because you might think I haven't explained fully enough what it was that I was trying to say.

Edit: That's why it typically looks like I've remained silent on particular matters.

Recon777
Group Admin

It's not necessary to reply to every point. Just say what is on your mind. Something is better than nothing.
The concepts are fairly high-level here, often involving hundreds of interconnecting facts. Much of my effort is in trying to organize the complex scenarios into a presentable and easy to digest format. That can get fairly wordy at times. But you don't have to be just as wordy in your own posts.

Recon777
Group Admin

Discord :trollestia:

No, seriously. This seems to be better than the other options! :trixieshiftright:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17