The Chase Group 423 members · 20 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16
kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

Very dark thoughts settled into Bucky’s mind what would happen if somehow the griffons managed to subdue and capture Celestia or Luna. Once rendered magically inert, the griffons would probably keep carving chunks of meat off of the immortal sisters and have a never ending feast of flesh.

When he noticed the ice covering the inside of the navigation cabin, he forced himself to think of something else, or tried to, as Sombra’s memories pushed into his mind, showing him flashes of old battles, where the Royal Pony Sisters had actually engaged the griffons who had invaded the then fledgeling nation of Equestria.

He clutched at his head with his remaining foreleg and his stump when he saw Celestia impaled on a spear, it had gone the entire length of her body, a massive griffon even larger than Lugus skewering her with a magical weapon, and then the griffon’s claws wrapped tightly around her throat to strangle her. The griffon exploded, Luna’s fury knew no end, and then he saw all to clearly that Sombra and Luna both had to endure the agonising task of pulling the spear out. Celestia’s cries rang in his ears and he tumbled over, falling out of his chair, the sound of her plaintive whimpers echoing through time in his mind.

“ENOUGH!” he bellowed, writhing on the floor. He could feel the soft touch of Celestia’s legs clinging to his neck… no… Sombra’s neck, and he could hear her voice begging him to make the pain go away. Laying on the floor, Bucky kicked and snarled, trying to force the horrifying images out of his brain, his rage boiling over in his mind as he learned something he had never wished to know.

In that moment, Sombra had communed with Celestia, sharing her pain, their minds touching in the most intimate way possible, he had felt the spear in his own body, and he had done everything he could to comfort her as the spear was tugged out inch by agonising inch, pulling and tearing at her organs and scraping over bone as it was extracted.

The knowledge of why Sombra was Celestia’s most devoted and dedicated servant came at a terrible price, and Bucky’s mind struggled to deal with what he now knew.

So... this gets a little dark... just a little. I'm sorry... :fluttershyouch:

iakovl
Group Admin

don't be sorry, the chase has it's dark moments, but also fun ones like Celestia attacking the rainbow :rainbowlaugh: the balance between the two parts is what makes us want to read it

As I've said before, The Chase is rather realistic in the sense that it's not all sunshine and rainbows. :pinkiecrazy:

I must say though... getting impaled by anything is definitely not an experience I would wish upon anyone....:pinkiesick:

kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

Immortal doesn't always mean invulnerable.

Sometimes, it is an awful thing not to die. :unsuresweetie:

Hm.
Do those memories come crawling out of his subconcious when they are triggered by Buckys own experiences or when they are supposed to?
Luna..? :trixieshiftleft::trixieshiftright:

kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

A brilliant observation...

Scarheart
Group Contributor

Man...reliving the past through the eyes of an anscestor for the express purpose of a reminder of what the griffons might do if given the chance...

I agree Luna is having a hoof in this.

But Twilight is handling the negotiations...she's the one who needs to understand how grave the situation is. She is naive.

Question is what Luna is intending.
Does she show this because she wants to show what shouldn't happen again? In this case, in a 'Don't trust them, you don't want this to happen again'-way or in a 'We need to settle it peacefully, you don't want this to happen again'-way?

Or is she triggering Buckminsters hate for the griffons? Revenge for her impaled sister?
Is she intending that at a point, he snaps and shows the griffons not to mess with ponies and that Griffonheim is ending up in an eternal state of winter if they try?

Scarheart
Group Contributor

3713637 Indeed. Lots of questions. Lots of musings...lots of dead griffons in the future. You know a group of them will suffer from a fatal case of the superiorities.

And Luna will look at the reports, have a sip of wine and say, "That many died? So sad. So sad."

kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

Make no mistake, Luna is in on it. Look at my most recent blog post.

Bucky having that flashback at that moment was not accidental.

But it wasn't just Luna... there is another...

iakovl
Group Admin

dame, so much plot in one story... and not only the sexy type :raritywink:

Scarheart
Group Contributor

3713745 from the mirror world.

kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

No... not from the mirror world.

From this world. Where does Bucky get Sombra's memories from? Where is Sombra now? What is Sombra waiting on?

Think about it. :raritywink:

Scarheart
Group Contributor

3713993 So, the same dark Sombra which tried to take Bucky the first time is waiting and building for his next chance at taking over...

So, another chase...:trollestia:

kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

No, not dark Sombra.

Good Sombra. Who waits in Tartarus to be freed.

Scarheart
Group Contributor

3714911 Dammit, that's me trying to be too clever.:facehoof:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16