The Chase Group 423 members · 20 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
iakovl
Group Admin

well,
as you might all saw (or didn't if you were under a rock) i made small fast campaign to raise money to help Kudz via pay pal, you can read about it here BLOG POST

as i said in the blog post the donations were a fast solution to the problem
not a fix but more of a patch for quick help. :scootangel:

now i move to the 2nd stage of my "plan" :pinkiecrazy: (insert evil laugh here)
i want to open a patreon page for Kudz, as with the donations this would go to me and i will later transfer the funds to him.
right now thats the best option we have untill he sort things out, and while some money is lost due to fees it comes to without a problem.

so now i ask you the following
1 - will you be interested in supporting Kudz via Patreon?
2 - would you like to see reward tiers? if so what would you consider a reward?
3 - any ideas you have on this issue at all

*crawls out from rock*

Hm, no way to donate through something that doesn't take a chunk of the money?

Not sure how Patreon works but Paypal always takes a commission which is why I'm kind of leery about using it for donations. Oh well either way ill be sure to leave a tip. I don't personally need rewards but a short sidestory could tide over a few others.

iakovl
Group Admin

paypal is the most easy way to pay online also the most secure so paypal has to be it
my only main problem is using WU to transfer it, but i will see how to go around it
Patreon also takes its share so it should be about 90% from every support given via patreon

Oh right Patreon uses paypall... not sure why I didn't think of that.

Well no sense using it without using the rewards then I guess, are you still going to leave that paypal option open for plain donations?

iakovl
Group Admin

tl:dr Flat rate weekly or monthly tiers with perhaps commission tiers limited to a very few numbers but with a high price tag.

1) Yes.
2) Yes.
3) Yes.

To elaborate, since tiers are supposed to be based on content provided and kudzu will pretty much be writing chapters there isn't a lot you can break it down into. The only thing I can suggest is making pledge levels simple.

The options are (if I remember correctly) payments based on each piece of content or on a per week or per month basis. The per month tier might be too restrictive but easy to manage. The per week simpler. Charging on a per item tier could be problematic since kudzu posts up to three chapters per day which is the potential for 90-ish chapters per month and Patreon allows down to $1 per item but I don't think any lower and I doubt patrons would want to pay $90-odd per month per patron. Perhaps different per week or per month payment tiers for different stories (Chase, Catch, Suicide Solutions, etc) would be more useful? I don't think you can mix per week and per month tiers, I believe you have to choose one for all tiers.

A single monthly or single weekly tier would be best, perhaps with limited run (under 5) higher tiers for custom stories written for those patrons. Say, $40-50 once a month for a guaranteed single story of the patron's choice up to 5,000 words each month. That would be in place of making himself available for commissions, guaranteeing income as long as he manages to write the patron's requests and let's face it.. kudzu could easily chuck out a few 4-5,000 word stories in a month for paying customers, though it may bite into his Chase story writing schedule or whatever else he wants to work on.

iakovl
Group Admin

i was talking about reward tiers... donate X get Y sort of thing
commission stuff is also an option but not via patreon, might just do commission works if he chooses to do so.

per chapter will make him a millionaire as he pops chapter on daily basis

i would think per month is the way to go

iakovl
Group Admin

ok,
plan to open one this weekend.
still don't have the right answer as to goals and tiers but will evolve with time
plan to make "wall of fame" for donating X$ per month (suggestions on X are welcomed)
later will add more stuff, right now just want it up and running before the end of the month

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8