The Chase Group 423 members · 20 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12
kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

What is the end game of the Fates? What are they really trying to accomplish?

What is Bucky's final fate and what is he fated to do rather than what he is destined to do?

Has anybody been piecing the clues together to form a bigger picture yet?

A few simple helpful hints.

Bucky will never ascend.

Bucky knows the inherent weaknesses of any foe he encounters due to the divine essence of the alicorn of war. Meaning that anything he sets his will against, he can eventually find a way to bring down, subdue, or pacify.

Several important hints were actually hidden near the beginning of the story. Some are found in the middle, and a few big hints were made recently. This has been going on for a while.

So... how will this end?

Well, you've all but confirmed that Bucky is going to die at the end. I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume he'll die protecting those he loves?

kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

Beyond that. Bucky is the means to an end. What is the end?

iakovl
Group Admin

Revolution!!!

Defeat God, that way the fates are free to fix the broken system. God's will is unknowable but the fates believe that God intends to Noahs Flood the world. I don't believe that God's will is as black and white as the fates make it seem. I believe that Celestia's vision for the future is just as likely as Bucky's apocalypse.

I'm not exactly sure how much is being borrowed from Christianity, but I believe God does not exert his will upon anyone. I believe God's influence upon us ends when we are born, everything beyond that is free will and choice.

Then the fates come in and play their hand. I'm not exactly sure what that is yet but I suspect it may be they wish to create a race of gods. it seems to be their primary concern, whom is having foals with whom. This level of guiding evolution would eventually lead to more immortals. That is what I believe their goal is.

kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

Then the fates come in and play their hand. I'm not exactly sure what that is yet but I suspect it may be they wish to create a race of gods. it seems to be their primary concern, whom is having foals with whom. This level of guiding evolution would eventually lead to more immortals. That is what I believe their goal is.

YOU SIR! Are shockingly close.

The right candidates to fix the broken system.

But that is only part of it.

There is still Bucky's role in all of this as well as his ultimate fate, and how it ties to Sombra's and Platinum's fate.

Remember, it was promised that Sombra's bloodline would restore alicorns to the world. Star Swirl's descendant, Twilight, has already fulfilled the promise for Star Swirl's half of the bloodline.

Well I wondered why Bucky had been Jacked with enough Foal making drive to single handedly repopulate Equestria. But having a family insures that even if he does not fulfill his destiny there are more who can.

Not sure if becoming Lord of Tartarus was part of his destiny or my wishful thinking but as long as were speculating... To free the lost souls and end the reign of terror caused by free roaming demons I always felt someone was going to have to reform the Demonic Prison. Laws older than Equestria can only be changed by one who can destroy God after all.

I have long suspected the Fates goal may not be as altruistic as is implied. and I think in the end Bucky will have to choose between following their will or choosing what God intends. But knowing that Bucky will not ascend I am forced to take the position that either he chooses to side with the fates, or finds the compromise that God wished for all along.

kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

Bucky has become an active enemy against the alicorn of the cosmos.

He chose the Fates, the daughters rebelling against their parent.

Currently, all bets are off. A few brave minor entities are busy working against their creator, and are currently trying to get the most powerful of all of them, Celestia, to join them.

Okay, guess two:
The Allicorn (All-Father+Alicorn:twilightsheepish:) wishes Bucky to erase all life so s/he can start from scratch, and the Fates want to prove that Equestria is fine as-is, and to let life continue as normal?

kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

That's been stated already in the story.

Ah. Heheh:twilightsheepish:
Then...Do the Fates wish for Bucky to become the new Allicorn?

Damn you make it sound like that dynamic is set in stone, hehe ok so maybe i'm a little conditioned to always think there is always a bigger plan that what is shown. Ever sinced the fates spelled out God's plan for Bucky I've been secretly hoping for a "Ah ha!" moment when we find out that was complete Bullshit. Then again I never trust the all knowing benign manipulators that seem to be pulling all the strings.

Sadly I'm actually in favor of God's will. I'd like to think hes playing 3D chess while everyones playing checkers and he actually is guiding the fates in his own way. Even if he plays out to be the big douche the fates make him out to be. I've long been a fan of the idea of Cosmic Reset, that the universe has remade itself countless times and it will remake itself countless more. They may defeat him for a few millennia, but eventually the game will end and the board will need to be reset.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12