Characters That Need More Stories 290 members · 1,206 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10
Rego
Group Admin

And the polls are now open! Just like last time, we've got three entries. Remember, keep the idea of mundane life in mind as you read these and see which story makes the most from something commonplace.

Voting ends April 1, 2015, which gives you guys ample time to read three short stories that are less than 6,000 words each. Be sure to give all the entries a fair chance by reading them before voting. Also, no voting entrants!

Ever Let the Fancy Roam by Loganberry
The Second Annual Cherry Hill Championship by The Syreth Clan
Seeds Can't Fly by Keam

I will be placing my vote on the 1st of April and will announce the winner the following day. Good luck to all the entrants and may the best fic win!

I'm placing my vote for Ever Let the Fancy Roam. I thought they all had interesting premises, but that one had the most technical accuracy, which is a huge factor for me.

Good luck to everyone, though!

Rego
Group Admin

Update: I've extended the voting by a week to give you guys some more time to read and vote. C'mon guys, show your support for these authors and their stories by giving them a read and a vote!

Manaphy
Group Admin

Voting for this contest ends in a week, so if you want to vote, I'd recommend beginning to read the entered stories. They're all worth a read. :pinkiesmile:

Rego
Group Admin

Well, I won't be extending the date any further than tomorrow. If no one else votes, I'll let you guys know what my my vote is tomorrow as I promised. In the event that it is split between two entries, we will switch to an elimination mode and first place will be decided by a vote from the author in third place. I would just have two winners, but I can't afford a second gift card at the moment. :twilightblush:

This was rather depressing. I was hoping our little group was more active than this. :ajsleepy:

Manaphy
Group Admin

Well, since nobody else is voting, I may as well contribute.

I found all three fics to be great, but in the end, I was stuck between choosing "Ever Let the Fancy Roam" and "The Second Annual Cherry Hill Championship". It was incredibly hard for me to pick one, but in the end, I'm going to have to give a slight edge to "Ever Let the Fancy Roam", as it managed to give a great window into the life of Fancy Pants. "The Second Annual Cherry Hill Championship" was also a cute read, but I felt that Loganberry's story had a slightly larger impact, but just barely.

Anyway, congrats to everyone who entered, and I hope more votes are cast.

Rego
Group Admin

Well, not much of a turnout here, but it seems like the tie situation resolved itself. :ajsmug:

My vote goes to "The Second Annual Cherry Hill Championship" as it captured the everyday in such a fun and believable way with its sibling hijinks. Very nicely done, Syreth.

However, the winner of this contest is Ever Let the Fancy Roam by Loganberry! I'll be sure to make a blogpost about it sometime tomorrow for folks to stumble across, though I won't have time to give it a proper review as work has me tied down. I don't even have time for writing my own fics now!

Congratulations Logan Berry and I look forward to the next group contest I get to run, but for now, the contest prompt torch shall be passed elsewhere... and hopefully get a bit more participation.

Feel free to discuss below as I won't be closing this topic until the next contest comes around.

Thank you very much! :pinkiehappy: It's a shame we didn't get a few more voters, but still. Maybe there'll be more next time. I really hope so, as it's a really worthwhile idea. :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10