OC Edit Group 67 members · 10 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18

Here's an OC I've been working on whose a third main character in a fic I'm thinking about writing.

Name: Bisector
Race: Unicorn

Appearance: Has a skinny body with light blue fur and a silver mane and tail. However, he has a moppy and androgynous hairstyle and his mane is split into two colors, the right side of his hair is silver while the left side is crimson. He also dark gray eyes and a single chain earring on his left ear ornamented with a small blue gem.

Short bio: He lived a very wealthy and boring life as a foal in Canterlot. He was very good friends with two other stallions and had a good relationship with his younger sister. But disaster struck when the Changelings attacked. He tried to protect his friends and attempted to fight off every changeling. However, his sister wasn't so lucky. He felt devastated and went into a deep state of both depression and insanity. He vowed that he would get better at magic and learn deadlier spells in order to avenge his sister and murder the queen, along with all the other changelings.

As he got older, he learned a very deadly and lethal magic spell, in which he can channel his magic aura and alter them into the form of flying blades. He can project them from his horn and are able to slice through anything, can deflect other magical projectiles, and even be used as shields to reflect any attacks him. They can slice through trees, boulders, mountains, and castles. Over time he developed a very psychotic and sadistic personality.

He even got a job as a travelling assassin and doing requests for clients who want someone dead. He would get paid to kill living targets while getting good practice in for his magic ability until he feels he is ready to take on Chrysalis. His clients refer to him as "Bisector" since his main weapon of choice are his magic flying blades and all of his victims end up being sliced in half. He did have a normal name once but doesn't really remember it since all he's done throughout his life is kill and practice his deadly magic.

Any more info? Any improvement to this OC?

3826046 You might want to dull some of that edge. Somepony might get hurt.
More seriously, anything serious involving that OC in its current state is probably not going to do well. He has super special deadly magic, a troubled past and he's an assassin. Those are hard enough to pull off in original fiction, much less fanfiction.

3826078 When you say not good, do you mean not good keeping stable in the story or just not good in general and i should delete this OC?

3826158 I meant not good in general. You don't have to remove him, just tone him down. A lot.

3826166 Ok, by how much? Like make him have a different career to practice his magic?

3826184 Like removing the deadly magic and him being an assassin.
They're kind of overkill. It's like taking a bomb and strapping a bunch of knives to it. An edgy thing that nobody wants to be around.
He can still keep his grudge though. Overcoming a grudge often makes for an interesting story arc.

3826194 Yeah but the deadly blade magic is what earned his name. Maybe his blades can only cut through certain things but not against advanced magic spells or force fields?

3826202 Naming him after deadly blade magic wasn't a good idea in the first place, unless it's just a nickname.
His deadly blade magic is going to be ridiculously over the top and overpowered regardless of if it can cut through force fields or not.

3826208 Yeah, that's just the title his clients gave him. He remembers his true name later on.

3826214 So he has amnesia too?:ajbemused:

3826219 It's complicated. More like he's practiced this magic for so long that he starts to forget certain things, including his name. Because all he ever focused on was getting his revenge on the Changelings. Sorry if this OC isn't to your liking.

3826223 Your OC is overpowered, way too edgy, cliched, and nonsensical. What is there to like?

3826226 idk this one author kind of inspired me with his OCs. His fics are good but underrated. And that was a little blunt

3826231 Yeah, that was blunt, but you more or less just went "No! I can't change that! My OC needs that!" whenever I tried to suggest anything.

3826237 I'm sorry. I'll see if i can change him up a bit so that he's not so OP

3826237 I think I've come up with something that's not so OP. Instead of blade magic, he's just a skilled swords-pony and uses regular blades that he created. He also has to inject himself with a type of drug so that his psychotic and blood thirsty side doesn't get the better of him and saves it for when he really needs it, when he's fighting changelings. So on the surface he's just an easygoing guy who's trying to hide his dark back story. Better?

3826500 It's better. I'll have more suggestions later.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18