Apotheverse 36 members · 4 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
Daetrin
Group Admin

If anyone has questions regarding events, themes, concepts, or locations in the Apotheverse, feel free to post them here.

What gods exist in the universe besides those that we've already met? Does every species have its own god(s), as a rule?

Daetrin
Group Admin

4521015 I assume most species have their own gods as a rule, but the particular manifestations of those gods is going to be different from race to race, culture to culture. However, it isn't actually requisite. Especially since gods are generally not creators, but emerge in response to the species' own self-definition. I haven't come up with / defined any gods outside of the ones in the stories though. I'd rather leave that open in case someone has an idea or two.

How did Aquila die?

Daetrin
Group Admin

4521300 Hey now, that's in Cartography.

The more elaborated-on explanation is that gods embody truths. Truths are not unchanging, and if the wrong ones change, a god may find himself without a metaphysical leg to stand on. And since before Twilight gods couldn't change, Aquila found that his truths, at least some of them, didn't match with the ones gryphons needed. Thus, he faded from existence.

I'm going to have to re-read that last chapter again. I missed that somehow.

Assuming a God is a set of Truths for a particular race... would it even be possible for the Gryphons ever to develop a new Truth about their kind and spawn a New God?

Daetrin
Group Admin

4525201 I don't see why not. But I suspect that it's more likely Aquila will be revived via the hippogryphs somehow, especially now that Twilight has altered the rules that gods play under. After all, it's their debt, and given that they've got partly gryphon magic one of their legends will be a world-shaker indeed.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8