Sonata Dusk 1,429 members · 642 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

Now that the girls have no power over anyone, and can't feed off others to become stronger, what do you REALLY think Sunset SHE DEMON would do with Adagio and Aria? I mean, not like Celestia has any policies that require birth certificates or any proof of past schooling documentation to be allowed to attend her school.

So, I ask you all, do you really think someone as chaotic evil as Sonata would 180 on her sisters/own kind on a dime because she suddenly grew a conscious in the last '1000 years'/timey-whimey however long she's been a siren for?

Do the world a favor. Try not to plagiarize too many Silver Spoon fics. xD
(I'm only half kidding, relax.)

I mean, if one wants ideas I can poop a few out I guess.

Adagio is lost in a torrent of emotions. She's furious, but lost in what to do. Now stuck in the human world and their powers lost, not even able to carry a single note, she and Aria feel uncertain about their future.

How do three girls, now no different than any other high schooler, going to fit in with these humans without their ability to manipulate them?

Well, Sonata may not have the answers to any of that overly dreary and much too depressing stuff, but she does think she knows of a way that might help out her fellow sirens.

Learn to sing without magic!

Easy right?

In the meantime... To pay for their music lessons...

Sonata convinces a store manager to give the others and herself a job at her favorite food joint, Taco Libre!

At least. If they can get School permits to work after school...

faced with no choice but to return to school or have bad things happen, Aria suggests a rather bold sarcastic idea.

"Well, no problem. I'm sure we could just walk right into Principle Celestia's office and TOTALLY get her permission to enroll in her school. While we're at it, let's go pay Sunset and her friends a visit too!"

-------
Tags: SL/Com/Adventure
Dazzlings. Sunset Shimmer. Celestia & Luna. Mane 6. Other.

Title: "Sonata and Pinkie Pie Have a Normal Conversation"

Premise: As in character as humanely possible, Sonata and Pinkie Pie find themselves outside the Principles Office for disrupting class.

The two girls are are warned to talk things over next time or face... Detention.

Title: "Sonata Lot, Pour Favor"

Sonata, Adagio, and Aria Take Spanish Class.

"Joe Tango Taco."

"How do you say 'shoot me' in Spanish?"

"Ugh... La lagrimas que mi dan esto dos... MALDITO STA--"

A common misconception is that all level of bad in anyone makes them a bad person, that they can't have nice normal conversation with others or work well with others, solely on the basis of one or two bad encounters with someone they don't approve of. That whoever the person they hangout with whose more openly mean must be the cause for the other one's meanness or being coerced into hanging out with the 'bad guys'.

While many people have big hearts and love cute things, what? You think Silver Spoon fiction started that 'redemption' stuff AFTER the episode aired? Nah, that only made some feel empowered to write more. Cute characters are characters we often want or feel we should like. And there is nothing wrong with that!

What IS wrong. Is writing a story that strips away a character's personality to a point they aren't relatable to the source material or even the archtype anymore. And yes, she's an archtype. Last Air Bender did her archtype some serious justice and the most memorable of the villains who later get redeemed. Totally worth watching if you can't get enough Sonata.

So, before you go write yet another "Sonata gets curbstomped and abandoned by Adagio and Aria" fic, for the love of demonic seahorse turned high school girl, try to make sure she's still the Sonata Dusk we enjoyed watching in the movie.

And you know what? If Adagio could put up with those two for as long as she did, I don't think she'd be so crass as to curbstomp Sonata. Be more subtle about doing those Cute Girls Can't Be Evil troupes. K?

There is good in Sonata as well as the other two. You just got to do that little extra effort to spark those rusty gears some have, oil them up good, and come up with fun stuff that help Sonata shine when one puts effort into crafting a more in character portrayal of the others to help bounce off and react to.

TL;DR: Let's not try and turn Sonata into a Silver Spoon 2.0 victimized character. You can do better!
(As some of you have shown already!)

3696391 Dat Spanish. I think you broke something inside me.

EDIT: Never mind. Slow me is slow.

Do you mean tropes?

Bookish Delight
Group Admin

Clearly, the thing to do is:

Replace Sonata with with Silver in the Dazzlings for a week, and make Sonata Diamond's partner-in-crime.

There is no way this can fail.

3696514 You know. That's EXACTLY what needs to be done!

Gotta assemble the Di Team!

Sonata wearing old lady pearl necklaces and oversized glasses with no lenses. Silver Spoon wearing small spike collar and wristbands with spoon ends instead of spikes.

Yup. NOTHING CAN POSSIBLY GO WRONG!

With any luck, we might see a few stories by next Friday! :D

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5