• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
trombrony98
Group Admin

They see me rollin...

Introspection by pokeking95
1,157 words
Slice of Life

Grammar: 9.5/10
This story is written in a style that resembles thoughts passing through Raindrop's head. It can ramble on at times, but nothing that feels out of style. The only issue I have with it is the inconsistency with whether her thoughts are italicized or not, but it's easily forgivable.
Characterization: 10/10
Going into this, I saw the like ratio and was a little worried. The author's note at the top is a little worrisome as well, but it proved to be wholly unnecessary. This little story really lets you know what Raindrops is feeling, from her lack of sleep to her utter worthlessness at the end. I actually felt like these thoughts could be passing through my head going to sleep at night.
Use of Canon: N/A
Other than a mention of her being at the Wonderbolts academy, there's really no canon factoring into this.
Consistency: 10/10
This story rambles, but it serves the narrative well. Just like real thoughts, it occasionally strays from the big issue, but keeps returning to the problem. Nothing feels terribly out of place throughout.
Coherence: 9/10
Here's where the author gets themselves in trouble. Despite it's well made format, there's still quite a few points in the story that feel like they were added for the pure sake of increasing word count. It's not painfully obvious, but still is noticable.
Tags: 8.5/10
This story is an excellent example of Slice of Life, but definitely leans more into sad territory towards the end. I've seen story try to be sad, but this one doesn't force the sadness, instead letting it gradually develop. With a dark tag, certainly would be 10/10.

Final Score: 48/50 96% Accepted

Notes: The presentation of it is a little worrisome, but despite the author's lack of confidence in it, it pulls off the style well. I highly recommend this to anyone intent on experimenting with sadfics.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1