Knights of the 'something' table! 89 members · 230 stories
Comments ( 19 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 19
Crescent-087
Group Admin

Now guys, I would like to bring attention to the actual purpose of this group. Yes it is a group dedicated to bad fanfics, so add away. But, how many of you are actually giving advice/criticism to the author? We don't want to drive off authors who have the potential to be amazing. If they're willing to take advice, give it.
Amateurs need a guiding hand, not a punch to the face, which is gonna happen if their like/dislike meter goes 1-56.

Now, as for those authors who get violent, get aggressive and get overly defensive over practically nothing, do as you wish. If you give them fair criticism and they lash out, do what ever you want. Add their fic to this group and tell one of the admins about the authors behaviour, we'll flock to it like flies to sh**. :pinkiecrazy:

Darth Redbeard
Group Contributor

3628607 I try to offer advice, but it seems to fall on depth ears at times.

Crescent-087
Group Admin

3628619 Unfortunately so. :ajsleepy: But some authors take the advice you give to heart and end up churning out some amazing stories. Take Rainbot3000 for example, she used to be horrible when writing, barely any description with tonnes of dialogue. Now she describes things in a little more detail, she's not perfect, but she's improved!

Crescent-087
Group Admin

3628636 Never kill an innocent :ajbemused:

Darth Redbeard
Group Contributor

3628644 right. That story, a true brony, doesn't seem to listen to any advice. some have said to find an editor or proofreader, and I have said that the character sounds way to Gary Stu'ish, just by reading the description and suggested toning it down a lot, but no reply.

Crescent-087
Group Admin

3628651 who are you on about?

Darth Redbeard
Group Contributor

3628673 the story, A True Brony, the author hasn't listened to any attempts to tell him to maybe fix the story, but no luck.

Crescent-087
Group Admin

3628705 Ah, you get some that listen and some that don't, it's pretty hit and miss most of the time. :twilightblush:

Darth Redbeard
Group Contributor

3628745 true. I was a little defensive when I first got on this site, since the first ones I ran into weren't the nicest. After a while, I met the ones I can get along with, and they've been helping me ever since.

The purpose of this group is to give constructive criticism and leave a few witty comments to bad stories.

Unless they are dicks, then we will bash. BUT WE ONLY DO THAT VERY RARELY!

Crescent-087
Group Admin

3628754 I met quite a few crazy people since joining this site, whilst I haven't written anything yet, I may not write a crap basket, if I ever do get around to writing a fic that is.

Darth Redbeard
Group Contributor

3628760 I've seen your comments on that story.

Yeah. We must stand up for our friends if they delete comments.

Rest in peace, comments...

Crescent-087
Group Admin

3628760 I've seen quite a few people start commenting on a fic arguing about it's contents without giving any criticism :ajbemused: yeah, the 'Mirrors Edge' fic.

Might have made a comment on there. Send link.

Darth Redbeard
Group Contributor

3628770 I got rid of Blackguard's comments on one of mine, since all it did was attack my story and attack me personally.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 19