Human Heroes are Superior 841 members · 242 stories
Comments ( 25 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 25
Clown Torres
Group Admin

You and your comrades (Battle brothers and sisters) have liberated Equestira from the caribou and sent them running back to their homeland. However due to what they did to the countless lives that have been enslaved you thought to yourself "Lets see how they like it when we invade their land."

But you want comeback home with conscience clean when the war is over.

Now the question is. Will you remain strong from the horrors of war or let your hatred of the caribou get the better of you thus committing violent war crimes?

For me. If I want to return from a human-caribou war with my conscience clean. That's really difficult. Considering what I've witnessed and they have done. I mean sure humans fighting caribou while defending and liberating Equestria sounds noble and just. But nothing good can come out of it.

"We came here to kill these savages!"
"We came to liberate this world."
"Since when are savages worth an innocent life?"

"What souls?! THAT is why we fight! They are not us!"
"Fight with me my brothers and sisters! Spill the blood of these savages! Their is no shame. Their souls are already lost!"

To put it short: I'll be resisting my violent urges but sooner or later I'll succumb to it. Then I have to do some soul searching to find solace.

The threat of the Caribou is to be neutralised,
not necessarily eliminated,
thus my descision depends on the alternatives to an all-out invasion of Caribouistan.
One of those alternatives might be simply neutralising the Caribou leadership with drone strikes, spec-ops, etc., and then installing a puppet replacement.
They are not worth being executed personally, or sacrificing many lifes in an invasion.

Hmm... this is rather a tough question....
Do I want to destroy the caribou because of what they did to Equestria but in return it would make me xenocidal killer.
Or let them lived but then they gain back the strength to fight back.
Or my favourite, surround them. Let them gain nothing. Burn their food, resource etc. Let them suffer and I will wait for them to seek peace with me. If not, let them perish from inside.

4001921 Hmm, I think I'll pull a page from the WWII allies playbook and invade then split it into several parts, with constant marshall law for the first few years then give them some freedom back slowly as a reward for being good, but should they resist in anyway, well lets just say I'm selling Equestria some new land and plenty of mulch.

It's often said:
“Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.”
Though what the Caribou have done is inexcusable and as much I'd love to see them get what they're owed. I'm not sure if I'm willing to lose myself to those horrors. I'll fight that's for damn sure, but I'm very reluctant to commit the same crimes just so they can have "a taste of their own medicine". They are not worth losing your humanity over.

4002096 Step one: Find an angry country that was invaded by the Caribou.

Step Two: Introduce Communism.

Step Three: Give guns.

They have sealed their fate when they based an entire culture around rape and subjugation as an art form.

It's not the demon within that screams for their heads that I listen to, but the voice of reason that tells me,

"Kill them before they kill you."

No mercy is expected, so we will give none in return.

I dont feel bad for a tumor being wiped out, why would I feel bad for any of those creeps.

Clown Torres
Group Admin

I'm not saying you should feel bad for the caribou.

I'm saying that in all conflicts that mankind has been through. An individual will have a breaking point and starts committing violent war crimes after another. Sure I don't care whether I killed 5 or 20 caribou that were surrendering. No one would care at all. But if my comrades felt concerned of my actions that's because they were trained by the book and followed it's guidelines (Geneva convention-esque type). I either convince them that the caribou cannot be sympathized and forgiven or I would take it to account.

But traitor stallions in this situation. That will be something to take it to account. They use to be a peaceful bunch now thanks to the caribou I have no choice but to kill them.

So in short in detail: There is always a justified war. But there is no good in war.

4002365 Yes, I will start the Equestrian coldwar, and will sell older human tech to both sides and make a fortune!!:pinkiecrazy:

4003702 Wait, scratch that. Not guns, but "Rapid Industrialisation"

Still, it's the same recipe.

We also need a self-centered, capitalist, democratic, aggressive, and equally technologically advanced country.

4004324 Lets make that the Griffins, just so the equines shall buy more of my technology!

4004336 We could also create a world-wide Cold War style conflict

4004377 That's the plan, and we will become RICH!!!!!!!!! Unless this cold war becomes a real war then not so rich.

4004405 Oh well. Not our problem is we can fund our own mercenary army.

4004672 Or we just nuke from orbit, I like my plan better cause then we can prove why we beat the caribou! PS we should stop so the thread doesn't get to derailed. Also sorry Sanguinius!:twilightblush:

Clown Torres
Group Admin

Meh. Shit happens.

4004769 I know but I hate when threads get derailed and I really hate when I do it without knowing it until I reread the thread.

Taking into account the Caribou mindest(if it can be called that), and the fact that they have commited dozens of war crimes.

Is a good idea to let them go knowing that either they will come back or attack other worlds?

Probably I would invoke a post-WW2 scenario, some guys would probably reinsert into society (under heavy survelliance), but others will have to be put down(with or without trial, but some guys don't deserve to live).

For me, my concern is not the caribou but the corrupted stallions (And the Red Collars) as well. A part of me wants to label them as all damned and make them suffer for causing hell on Earth. Yet, another wants me to not stoop to their low.

Sorting out who are brainwashed or those willing betray their own kin will be difficult. Even those who are genuinely remorseful, this won't be easily forgiving at all (Ignore my fanfiction Bitterness please), and it will take ages for any reconciliation to ever happen. I would probably never forgive them if I was female, and in fact, I would wish to make them all immortal so they can live in eternity with shame and guilt. Killing would probably be too good for them, so I like to see them castrate themselves as a non-lethal version of seppaku

4001921 ETHNIC CLEANSING TIME!

I would let my Scadinivia side take over and start another Age of Vikings on the caribou. Sacking, raiding, you know the good stuff.

4001921 They were resigned to their fate when they began enslaving and raping their way across the world. Kill them to the last.

They are all beyond redemption, all I can imagine is to restart life all over again that combines Noah's Ark, The Plagues of Egypt, and Sodam and Gommorah.

The wicked is cast off to hell while the brainwashed stallions and mares alike must earn their redemption through purgatory, the few like Big Mac are the ones spared.

4001921 I'd say no mercy. They say if you fight monsters, you must be careful lest you become one. I say that it takes a monster or something greater to kill a monster

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 25