The World of Terra 40 members · 6 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
TSLsmokey
Group Contributor

This is just a thread for you to post your mythical beings in. This is no indication that they are canon. This is merely for your own amusement and to see what others think. To begin, I shall speak on a mythical group called the Ascians

Ascians are servants of the the primal Zodiark, whom they herald as the one true god. Possessing powers over darkness and even time itself, the Ascians strive to create chaos and destruction wherever they go, all in hopes of reviving Zodiark. However, the history books have not shown presence of this so-called god and the only mention of Ascians, outside of word of mouth, was a cult shut down by Celestia 1000 years prior. Another cult, called the Paragons seems to have sprouted that share the same goals as the Ascians. The rumor seems to hint that these may be Ascians reborn. Ascians are known to be immortal beings of magic that can create their own form or possess another's. Due to this, there is really only one way to permanently put down an Ascian, a concentrated beam of light magic after their corporeal form has been killed off.

There is no true way to confirm the validity of this group of mythical beings as Ascians are not wont to reveal their faces. They prefer to work in the shadows, out of sight. To this end, One must simply consider the myth of the Ascians simply that. A myth.

Prince_Staghorn
Group Contributor

5073048 Just in case you guys wanted to know how we Changelings view the creation of the world

Long ago, there was a swirling mass of chaos made up of the six elements (Earth, Air, Fire, Water, Aether, and Void) clashing together.

from this chaos arose Kami. They looked over the clashing elements, and with a single motion, separated them. Earth, Air, Fire, and Water formed the planets, while earth also formed the moons of both our world and others, and Aether and Void divided night and day.

It was then that Kami took bits of earth and fire, and used them to create the stars, and finally the sun.

Kami surveyed their creation, but they were not yet satisfied.

Kami created plants then, but even they knew not how to create such complexity. A Sun, a star, a planet, all were easy, but Kami knew that they could never truly shape life.

So instead, Kami began setting events in motion. And soon, the first of the microscopic plants attacked its brethren in order to gain energy.

Now, when they had created the first of the plants, Kami had become pregnant, and when that first plant made that step, defining itself as "Animal", Kami gave birth.

The child of Kami was constantly shifting, much like their parent, and spoke with a soft, gentle voice.

"What is thy name, my child?" asked Kami.

And the child replied.

"I am Death, Kami, but thou art already aware of this, for in thy vast knowledge thou foresaw that life cannot exist indefinitely. Through age, starvation, sickness, or violence I shall work, and I shall ferry them to thee afterwards so they may rest peacefully forever."

And Kami saw this was good.

Life continued, watched by the two divines, and as intelligence arose, Kami revealed themself in different guises: Epona the Mother-Mare, Laelaps the Golden Wolf, Tiamat the Mother of Dragons, and many gods besides.

But Kami soon grew tired of wearing shapes, and so chose a single race to reveal their true nature.

They set their eyes upon Neighpon, and revealed themselves to the changeling race, speaking to their Empress in a dream.

"Behold, for I am Kami, the true deity. All others are as guises that I wear when I deign to speak with other races, much as thy kind wears the shape of others. Thy race is the only one I have shared this truth with, and thou wilt do well to remember this. But beware. Thou shalt not force thy religion upon others, for they do worship me, but in their ignorance believe their deities to be distinct. Thy ancestors knew me as Epona, and my message in that guise still remains: Love and Tolerance should never be forgotten, even in the midst of war."

and with that, Kami retired to their dwelling place, where they continue to guide their worshippers in life, and welcome them when Death brings them.

TSLsmokey
Group Contributor

Hmmm Methinks I shall create another myth... The myth... of Alexander

It is said that there exists a wondrous tome known as the Enigma Codex, containing answers to life's greatest mysteries. It is said that when one abused its power, it shattered into a hundred fragments, scattered throughout the world. Many have claimed to possess a fragment, but none know the truth. When its power was abused, the force known as Alexander was born.

Unlike most primal forces, Alexander was a force of light, capable of bringing joy to all. When it came time to choose a form, he became a fortress, capable of sheltering the hungry and needy. For centuries, this was the case. He was the asylum for those that needed it and a guardian against darkness. But it would come a time when darkness encroached upon him. Those engulfed with greed sought to take the fortress from his charges, believing it nothing more than a simple castle of stone that only the worthy should have. Angering this being was the last thing they did.

When Alexander's overwhelming power destroyed the intruders, the ones inside fled as well. Believing the castle would turn on them as well. With no one left to protect and believed a monster, Alexander's will started to crumble. Within a century, he had reversed from a guardian of light to a hunter of it. And so it was, one fateful day, when a rumbling of stone announced his movement towards the largest source of light he could find, the heavenly realm itself. His form warped, he could not get close, but it is said that if one listens carefully, you can still hear the crumble of stone as Alexander attempts to reach the realm. Whether he got there or not is unknown... at least until Fantasia finally spills the beans.

I have a myth I lie to share...the legend of the Four Warriors

In ancient times, the land of Terra was thrown into war and chaos. Countries from the North, South, East and West were all against each other. This war had lasted for a few decades, but when all hope seemed lost, two siblings stepped forward and decided to put an end to the war. The first was a young, beautiful maiden with flowing golden hair, fair skin and blue eyes named Astrea. The other was a man with raven black hair and crimson eyes named Bain.

Ever since the war's end, they were given the title as the rulers of all sides of Terra. Astrea was a fair ruler with a kind heart, but Bain however let such power consume him and thus became a tyrant. Astrea tried to get her dear brother to come to his senses, but Bain was too corrupt to see reason. She eventually battled Bain to try to put an end to his reign of terror, but Bain managed to overpower her. And just as when all hope seemed lost, there came four noble heroes, each one from a different side of Terra.

From the North was a young prince dressed in white robes. In his hand he held held a magic ivory bow that can shoot arrows made of light that could pierce diamond. From the South came a seasoned veteran knight dressed in red armor and holding a sword covered in flames that can melt anything they touched. From the East came a friar dressed in black robes and holding a pair of scales he used to conjure the spirits of the deceased. And from the West was an executioner dressed in pale green garments and holding a scythe that could slice through steel like a knife on butter.

One by one, the four warriors managed to overpower Bain, and managed to finish him off, putting a permanent end to his tyrannical reign. And so peace was restored around Terra. Astrea offered them a role as royal guards, but they graciously declined such an offer and chose to live their lives as they were. But even then, their legend would never die. Even to this day, they are known in many stories and legends. Since then they have been, and always will be known as, the Four Warriors.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4