The Sirens 1,346 members · 1,184 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

I feel like Twilight's explanation on the Sirens still has a few holes in it. For example: Where did they come from? How did they get their power? Are there more of them?

Those are the questions I'm trying to answer in my latest fanfic: Dazzle Dazzle, Little Stars, which you can check out here: http://www.fimfiction.net/story/210457/dazzle-dazzle-little-stars

But anyways, what do you think the TRUE origin of the Sirens is?

3744051 It's possible that they were once ponies who found some ancient artifacts which gave them their siren forms. i say this because their amulets were destroyed yet they weren't. They also fed on negative energy so it's possible that the amulets are cursed so they have to feed.

When a mommy siren and a daddy siren love each other very much they have a special sort of hug...

3744104 by where they came from, I meant WHERE in EQUESTRIA did they live?

it depends if you count the comics as Canon or not cause sea ponies or "Kelpies" have already made like three appearances so far. So the Sirens may have been kelpies before.

3744696 Well if we combine ideas, maybe one or two of them were kelpies while the other was a pony.

Where did they come from? Their appearance suggests that they were ocean dwellers, but it's hard to say since their story in the movie depicted them as being able to fly. They could have come from any corner of Equestria, or perhaps from a land far beyond its borders.

How did they get their power? We already know that their gems are their power source. I think the real question here is whether they were born with their gems or if they merely found them. We can see in the movie that the gems were once a part of their original bodies, but once they came to the human world, they became separated in the form of the necklaces. I believe that the Dazzlings found the gems, which fused into their bodies and transformed them into Sirens in addition to granting them magical voices.

But if this were the case, where did the GEMS come from? That's something to think about.

Are there more of them? I would say no. There's plenty of stories of mythological creatures that were said to be the only ones of their kind, like the Minotaur of Knossos. They're the stuff of legends after all, their stories say that they're usually created from very unique circumstances compared to other creatures.

If the Dazzlings really did get their powers from the three gems, and if those were the only three in existence, it'd make sense that they were the only three Sirens in the history of Equestria.

Ponyville. That's where everything happens.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8