The Sirens 1,346 members · 1,184 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16

I had this interesting idea that the Dazzlings are actually pony changeling hybrids and may fact be Queen chrysalis daughters. As for the amulets, I believe they are of see pony origins. Now there are multiple reasons for the timeline, chrysalis was put in suspended animation with her swarm, she is in fact 1000 years old, time travel.

But regardless, I can see the I to have many storytelling possibilities so challenge anybody courageous enough to accept. take this loose ideal and make something out of it!

3713044 I ardently disagree.

This would have been so much more of a valid post two months ago. :fluttershysad:

3713568 y tho?

I'm kinda new.

3713580 yeah

as far as I can tell, nothing about what the Dazzlings are has been truly explained and there are various sources indicating them to be different types of creatures

3713771 Twilight said they are Sirens. We even saw their true forms.

How does that even barely resemble Queen Chrysalis? They have fins. Fins.

3714046 I know my mythology. Those are not sirens.

According to Ancient Greek mythology, those are Hippocampi, which bear ZERO resemblance to sirens.

Though they are quite pretty when you see them in Rome at the Trevi Fountain.

Also, they took some pages from Bayonetta and Scott Pilgrim V.S The World with that final battle. The Dazzlings have their own Climax Attack, just like a sexy gun-wielding witch I know.

3714069 Your mythology is irrelevant when the show calls them Sirens and makes it canon, in which case, human mythology no longer applies. So they are Sirens unless you deviate from canon.

3714075 Oh yeah, have you played Bayonetta? If not, you won't get the joke I just added.

3714077 Haven't played it. Sorry, m80.

3714081 Ah, allow me to explain, then.

During Boss Fights in Bayonetta, whenever the boss runs out of health. The player has to press Triangle and Circle/Y and B together, to initiate Bayonetta's Climax Attack.

Bayonetta summons something by speaking in the Umbra Witch language, her outfit becomes a torrent of dark magic, and that torrent creates a giant demonic monster, which wails away at the boss, dealing it the fatal blow. When this happens, the player has to mash Square/X repeatedly to get more halos from pounding the boss senseless. After the QuickTime Event ends, the monster kills the boss before returning to Bayonetta's body as her outfit.

So "Now it's time to finish you!" Is the Dazzlings' equivalent of a Bayonetta Climax Attack, if you understand what I just said.

actually, this video pointed out several flaws to that theory at 3:00

Plus there was also the artwork for the toys to consider

3714106 Every day one learns something new, even if the relevancy of it escapes me. I guess knowledge is strength, no matter how or from where it comes from...

The pony toys exist because you can't sell garish-looking sirens to little kids. Do you even focus group? :rainbowlaugh:

Plus it leaves them an out to become truly marketable ponies if the showrunners decide to ever use them again and bring them back to Equestria or something. Portal's openable forever, after all!

As glad as I am to see more Bayo fans, summon attacks like the Dazzlings' have been around since far before our favorite witch. :twilightsmile:

Also, different kinds of amulets do different kinds of things, and Equestrian Sirens are not Earth Sirens. We're talking about a world that casts timberwolves as wolves literally made from wood.

3714111 That only supports my headcanon, actually. In any case, how does that even barely justify your theory that they're changelings? You haven't provided a single fact from the canon to even barely support it. It merely sounds like something you made up because it sounded cool to you.

I could just as well say they are Sombra's brides. Why? Because I think it's cool. Do I have any canon support? No, but I think it's cool. As it stands, I still oppose your theory ardently seeing as you haven't supported it in any way.

their physical manifestation, according to the images above happens to be very similar to the flutter ponies in the previous generations. Furthermore, there is the fact that they derive sustenance from emotions and although this is not exclusive to changelings, it would make sense to me that the changelings would try to find some form of alternate food source and the most logical step would be other kinds of emotions. also in the comic series when they showed the image of alternate reality good chrysalis her appearance was considerably more pony like which I believe is caused by her having a much more abundant food source.

regardless of anything else the exact species and origins of both the amulets and dazzles are currently shrouded in mystery, leaving nothing but speculation. that the true form happens to be the image above I posted then I can only Hazard a guess based of what I know.

and what I know is that The only like appearance, wings, emotion Eating abilities (and possibly say thinking if they can alter their forms between sea creature and ponies) are very similar to that of the changelings.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16