Flim x Applejack Shipping 92 members · 20 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15

Just had a random thought as I'm writing the next chapter of my FlimJack romance, An Honest Life. How do you view Flam's role in a FlimJack story? Is he an integral part of their relationship, perhaps bringing them together, or does he form a wedge? It seems silly to exclude Flam from a FlimJack story, when Flim and Flam are ALWAYS together in the show. Heck, their names don't even make sense when they're apart.

My response to this would be that I see Flim and Flam as being almost too dependent on each other. In order for Flim to grow as a person (and therefore fall in love with Applejack), he needs to be separated from Flam at least for a time. In my story, I accomplish this separation by forming a rift between the brothers that will be explained later on in the story. That rift is what drove them apart, and what leads Flim into Applejack's life. But, I don't intend on stopping there. As twins, they really are close. It stands to reason that if he did not contact Flam, Flim would be miserable for the rest of his life even with Applejack's love and support of her family. He needs that relationship and support, even if it's toned down from what it was.

What are your thoughts? Do you see Flam as necessary to a FlimJack story or is he more of a side note/hindrance?

Cora Zone Unicorn
Group Admin

3878150 I DO agree that you can't have Flim without Flam but it seems, more to me, that Flam would be the one to try to drift he and AJ apart. Sure, in the show we've only seen them for two episodes but I'm sure in future episodes, perhaps in season 5 or even season 8 would probably characterized Flam as the sort of brother that isn't truly fond of the Apples, especially Applejack. It might be due to him being the oldest out of the two of them. I can see the writers making this kind of storyline actually canon in the show, sort of like what they did in one of the comics where Flim and Flam were fighting over the same mare. Of course, that both and not just one of them.

If Flimjack were to become canon (which I wish it would), I can totally Flam not be too enthusiastic at first. It would most likely take some time for him to get used to that fact that his little brother would be in a relationship with their former (well, probably still his) enemy. Yes, Flam would still be in Flim's life but I can see him thinking of ways to break them up. (Like, how I'm planning in my story later for "RiA." NO SPOILERS!)

3878355 You make some excellent points. I can definitely see Flam trying to push Flim and Applejack apart. Partly due to his jealousy I'm sure. Don't know if I agree with the thought that Flam is older. In my headcannon, they're twins. Flam just acts like the big brother because he's happiest in that role. Though, I can definitely accept your headcannon too. I wish I read that comic. :fluttercry: Haven't read any of them yet.

Oh yes, I can definitely see Flam trying to break them up. That would make for a hilarious chapter/short story. It would be even more priceless if he ends up making them closer with each failed attempt.

Cora Zone Unicorn
Group Admin

3878403 well, also if you look at Flim's body language when he's around AJ, it shows that, at least to me, he likes her in some sort of way. More in "Leap of Faith" than "SSCS6K"

3878436 True. Oooh. They're just the best couple! :rainbowkiss:

Cora Zone Unicorn
Group Admin

3878498 next to CheesePie and Fluttercord, of course

3878532 Oh I don't know about Fluttercord . . . I'm more of a Twicord fan myself. But, some of my favorite fics are Fluttercord, so I can't say I hate the pair. They are pretty darn cute. But so's Flutterbulk. Gosh, I think Fluttershy would be cute with whoever you put her with. Somehow she'd make it work.

It would be pretty entertaining to see Flam trying to break up AJ and Flim

I agree i really want flim and flam to make up they are brothers whether they like it or not sometimes your sibling especially a twin can be your closest and dearest friend also known as bbbf best brother buddies forever if they are male. So yeah it wouldn't be right to have flim without flam i know deep down they love each other its just their con artist life style has put a strain on their relationship.

3878572 Yeah. That's sort of the point I'll be making. They need to get back to the basics before they can really start to mend their relationships. They've allowed their pride and scams to come in the way of their relationship as brothers. It's sad. You can't have Flim without Flam. They couldn't live without each other for long, they'd spiral into depression. At least, that's the way I see it.

Yeah totally! hopefully, the two can get over their pride soon and make up. Meanwhile, how will AJ react to it? hopefully she doesn't think the two will go back to their old ways.

Cora Zone Unicorn
Group Admin

3878601 I think maybe AJ will have her suspicious from time to time but overall (still) trust Flim and Flam

True after all this is Applejack we are talking about she is willing to give someone the benefit of the doubt, but still be suspicious until she feels its no longer a thing to be concern about.

Cora Zone Unicorn
Group Admin

3879702 yeah, I mean, they are con ponies....

Exactly which is why I was doubtful about the ship to begin with. Trust is really a big deal and con artists are not the dudes you want to trust. The thing is people er ponies can change to be good if they really wanted to and tried hard to put the past behind them. I mean look at Discord he was just chaotic and then Shy knocked some sense into that dork. I am glad mlp is optimistic or else we wouldn't have antagonists changing for the better.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15