Good OCs 254 members · 712 stories
Comments ( 31 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 31

So I have a story idea, involving Ahuizotl and Mable (Mane-iac's true identity) who are trying to steal some magical relics from some of the other villains in Maretropolis. As you can guess by this title, I am looking for an OC that can fit this role.

While only one of these characters will be chosen, there will be an "audition" chapter, so I will probably feature 3-4 others. Of course, you will be credited for your characters.

Rules:
-The character must be either a pony or a griffin.
-They can have superpowers so long as: A) They are balanced, B) you include the origin for how they received their powers.
-You need to include a backstory for your character (feel free to use this to explain the origin of their power).
-They must have a quirk.
-What is their reason for wanting to work for the Mane-iac?

Well, there is that. Have a good day.

7203427 I certainly hope so. :pinkiesmile:

*Thinks whether I should type on my phone right now or wait to I have my PC which I would use tommorow*

Well expect that you may recieve my OC though I'll have to make some adjustments.

Race: Pegasi
Power/Backstory: So first of all I just want to tell you that I had to put a lot of time and effort in thinking of a Power Pony version of my OC as I never really expected this to pop up (and I am really happy I found this idea thank you very much). Now I realize that the Power Ponies seem to branch off of many superheroes from our world like Hulk (Saddle Rager) Flash (Fili-Second) Thor (Zapp) to name a few so I will explain his powers and the difference between him and the rest.

First of all I had to decide on his power/ability and how it came to form within his body. Now first of all the big question would be: What is his ability? I wanted it to be closely related to the one I gave him originally but not too overpowered, while also fitting into the lore of the world of The Power Ponies, while being original on its own (unlike the actual Power Ponies who were based on many superheroes or loosely based on). Usually his ability in any given version would be based off of some type of lightning ability or being related to lightning so I planned to keep it here… only problem would be I’d have to find a place where my OC isn’t indirectly copying off of Zapp and not copying Fili-second. 

I had to analyze what the two abilities were. Zapp does not solely control lightning, she controls the weather with her amulet. If my OC solely controlled lightning then it wouldn’t be like he was like Zapp. Zapp could still use the other elements of weather while Midnight would be just related to lightning. Not saying his ability is to control lightning like Thor directly, but that he’s just limited to lightning related abilities for now. I am right now thinking of how he would be fitting here.

With Fili-second though we have a more tough issue. If his ability is lightning-related and if he’s showing off lightning-like signs, then he would be basically fili-second in terms of speed as she travels at ‘lightning-like speeds’. That would be ⅓ of the speed of light of 380 Mach. Rainbow in that matter based off some brony’s calculations could go at Mach 10, which is the reason why they say she’s faster than Sonic (but they’re from two different types of media, video games and cartoons, and we know that games have to be playable while cartoons have inconsistencies. Sonic 2020 Movie shows him going insanely fast if you watched Film Theory). So I thought about a different property of lightning. Sure perhaps later in what would be the longest post ever I might eventually say “actually no I am going to remove this trait” but I am just thinking of what his ability would be as this is a different dimension with its own rules. If he would have some form of speed boost then I believe it would be the speed of the actual thunder that arrives after the lightning, which is at the speed of sound. Still fast but slow enough for fili-second if we believe that she could go at Mach 380 to easily catch up to him. 

Even if I would give him that same lightning boost, there would be a limit to just how long he could hold that speed. I believe he would have to ‘recharge’ that energy required to go at such insane speeds like from electrical wires or from some clouds, but he wouldn’t be able to last as long as fili-second. He would tire out way before she would so I am just writing this as a thought for when I actually settle on his traits and abilities. 

I decided to take a different approach in the meantime for what his ability could be based on his name and thought about his name Midnight Blitzer. Midnight could mean about many dark magic etc but like I said I was more interested in lightning abilities as that’s more closely related to pegasi as they’re weather managers and thus they’re easily able to experience lightning, not dark magic which is more related to unicorns (like Sombra, Celestia, and Twilight). His last name though (which would tie with what I just said about pegasi nature) is Blitzer. When I first created Midnight Blitzer he was to be a OC that was part of a war, any war, and that he is able to take down enemies insanely quickly while also climbing the ranks at an unseen rate. Wars. Take the -er from Blitzer and you have Blitz, aka The German Blitzkrieg, that infamous tactic that would bring down a bunch of European countries within the first year of World War 2. Blitzkrieg means ‘Lightning War’ which is the reason why I preferred to have Midnight having a lightning ability rather than a dark ability, though it would be interesting to see where that could lead cause it would explain more why he would become a villain...hmm… perhaps I should have you pick on that matter as this is getting extremely long.

While thinking about his ability I was able to think of a cool alias: Thundershock. This name could go for either dark magic abilities or lightning abilities. I feel like it could be both a hero name and a villain name but in this context it’s a villain name. In an idea of an anti dimension (based on the mirror dimension) my OC’s dark / opposite side would be known as Midnight Terror (which is an even darker name) but I feel in this world of Supers Thundershock sounds like a good name for now. 

If he was to have a lightning ability that balances here’s some possible (note I said possible so you could remove some if they’re not already removed) traits then.

Electromagnetic Pulse (Shockwave): I had this idea all along in the beginning but was thinking of when I should insert this or how it should be presented and used. There’s two ways this could be done and that’s either accumulating a massive amount of electrical energy or through speed. Both of these ways are both easy in saying and difficult in practice. Normally his body would be producing small amounts of sparks that would power the EMP, which as you’d expect releases a ton of lightning and would cause insane amounts of electrical damage. However charging this up just through one’s body would take far too long during battle, even with a long time charging beforehand. Yes he could try to do it before it’s full charge but it wouldn’t be as powerful and if he wanted to try to reach it’s normal strength he’d be risking hurting himself. Btw it already causes some type of pain whenever using it, tiring him out. The more powerful it is, the more energy it consumes and the more it would hurt him. If he had to charge it even faster or release a more powerful blast, he would then take on power from nearby electrical wires, using the grid to empower him and further increase his EMP. The other alternative way would be by breaking the sound barrier. It would actually be a hard feat for him because if he’s battling against Fili-second, well she’d just constantly would be halting him and stopping him from gaining momentum, or the others simply stop him from gaining momentum. Even if there was nobody around, his Thundershock (the name that is given if he’s using speed to produce the EMP) is hard to achieve as he’d be breaking the sound barrier, which is hard for him to do as it’d be pushing his limits. Thunder travels 760 mph which is just under the sound barrier so he’d be having to break his speed limit to reach Mach 1, and while adrenaline would lessen the pain, he’d be in a tough situation as he’d be tired out. There’s no problem if his Thundershock/Shockwave paralyzes the villains or heroes (as I’m sure the Power Ponies would be trying to intervene and get the artifacts away from any villain) long enough for them to escape, but if it fails he’s basically nearly out of commission. 

Lightning Dash: This takes on the idea that Lightning goes at 380 Mach. Note that this assumes that when they say that Fili-Second goes at lightning-speeds means Mach 380 and not Light-Speeds as Lightning travels ⅓ of the speed of light. If she does go at light-speed then Midnight is screwed either ways. The ability of Lightning Dash causes him to move at Lightning Speeds, which could be used as an offensive move to hit his enemies at insane unseeable speeds, or as an escape move. However just like the other lightning related moves, this has a limit, and while it doesn’t cause much harm to him or those he takes with him, it vastly requires more energy and tires him as much if not even more than the above two. Now I was thinking about his source of energy for this move as both clouds and electricity, but I decided to settle that this move is only chargeable by natural lightning, meaning that if the sky was cleared of clouds and he needs the move and is unable to charge it, he’s pretty much stuck without it. It’s much easier to charge with clouds for Lightning Dash but it’s his own source. This brings me to something else.

Clouds are a good source of lightning as we see it being kicked by pegasi to create lightning or rain. It’s much safer to harness as you don’t really run the risk of being overloaded with energy of running out of it, but clouds could be destroyed and they provide less energy than an entire grid of energy.

Electrical Grids provide an insane amount of energy but once used they’ll probably blackout or go low, unable to use again for quite some time (like at least a day at best if Midnight tried to limit the amount he takes). It’s dangerous as they may release too much energy, but it’s the most reliable. 

Seeing that now that this is becoming three pages long I am ditching the dark magic proposal ideas and resorting to these three lightning abilities as well as some more notes, then his looks and background.

Thundershock (aka Midnight Blitzer) is fast naturally, easily in the region of hundreds of miles per hour. He could attack and dodge relatively fast to the average pony. Adding to his lightning abilities he seems to be a strong character… unless you count the fact that his special moves take a toll on his body and require an huge amount of energy to power them. His moves are hard to counter… if you’re not a Super (Both Hero and Villain). In the realms of Supers, Thundershock’s ability might eventually become one of the best abilities, but against a large group of very diverse abilities he’s going to struggle, especially those with abilities like his (Zapp’s Weather Control, Fili-second’s speed) or those that could stop him (Mistress Marvelous lasso, Radiance’s magic, Blastmatter Horn’s… magic… ). Which is the reason why he fits more as a sidekick rather than a villain by himself because at the stage he would enter (as a fresh colt, newbie, private, whatever novice level you’d give him) he would be inexperienced, he would have to properly master his ability, many times succumbing to his own emotions that he can’t control (like anger, desperation, fear, anxiety etc). Mane-iac might choose his Thundershock, Shockwave, and Lightning Dash as traits that would help her have the edge over other Supers, but knowing that by default she’s insane, she wouldn’t really notice that he’s untrained and that he has his own flaws and may not reach her expectations, but by then she already would have to struggle with him by that point. 

Now onto his looks and other things. 

You see my profile pic? Well that’s him in a nutshell. Emerald Eyes. Spiky Dark Blue Mane. Blue fur. Large Wings. And a cutie mark of a flame with electricity. That’s him. Though obviously there’s going to be some major changes. I haven’t thought of a costume that he’d be wearing, but it’d be in the range of blue and black colors and would have to be friction proof, heat proof, everything proof so that it doesn’t burn away and reveal his identity whenever he uses any lightning ability. Perhaps to store his energy quicker and more easily he would wear some hoof rings (maybe golden color though yellow, blue, or black are also good colors) as rechargeable batteries. Perhaps when he’s about to use any lightning special ability his eyes glow which could be used as a warning that Supers could use for their advantage to counter him. 

Now his background… oh boy this has gotten to be a long thing. (Then I realize that the speed of lightning is way higher but ignore that.)

Now I want this to tie in with his motive so I have to plan this carefully. Mane-iac is well… insane… so the prospect of someone joining an insane villain… is well… a bit insane in itself. Now people have done insane stuff, whether because of stupidity, desperation, any other reason, or because they’re already insane to begin with. I have a backstory.

Midnight Blitzer, back to when he was still a normal pony, was usually ganged up and beaten by basically anyone, both by other regulars, and villains whenever they go on their rampage. He probably would’ve tried to go find help with the Heroes but due to them fighting crime they probably never noticed him and he probably would’ve still gotten beaten up by others. He would try to rely on other things like improving his strength and evasive abilities, but with his defense being low he still got hurt. This constant mistreatment from others and the constant ignorance of the Heroes would put him in a position where he hated others, or couldn’t find a way to rely on them. Eventually he would be beaten up again, specifically near some type of electrical equipment like electrical wires, electrical powers, grids, etc. His rage would just be boiling at that point, and with pegasi naturally being able to harness weather, including electricity, with this confrontation happening near a power source he whether by being pushed into the source or simply through his rage, would absorb this power, leading to a local power outage as he absorbed this power, before turning on his attackers and unleashing his rage against them. This causes them to be extremely injured (possibly that they might even die in the future) and this scares Midnight. He can’t trust anyone at this point but he realizes that if he doesn’t find asylum he would probably find himself being the enemy of everyone. He knew about Heroes, but he wondered if he would be considered one after what he did to the attackers, and while he did defend himself, the amount of destruction done probably would cause him to be seen more as an aggressor rather than a victim. Since he can’t trust in anyone, even the heroes who might also find difficulties trusting him, especially with the harm he caused, (remember the Power Ponies as in the regular ones not the Mane Six versions, used to fight constantly with each other in private and argue with each other which actually leads to them losing their power until their sidekick teaches them how to cooperate so maybe this is when they’re still a split team.) he finds really no other option than to find one that he has to trust. After some very stressful nights of running away because of fear he finds himself with Mane-iac who he finds as the perfect place for asylum, at least temporarily until he’s able to actually escape the city, as he already notices how crazy she is and that she probably would be crazy enough to just pick him randomly. He really hated the idea of joining one of the villains, but after hearing her plans of attacking some of the villains that had caused him harm and just led him down deeper in the hole that he’s in now, he found it as a perfect way to kick them back in the face. He joins not because he’s inherently evil, but because of his own fear, his lack of trust in others since his early days in school, and because of the prospect of hitting back those who hurt him or ignored him in his time of need. (If I’m correct about Blastmatter Horn’s backstory) He’s just like her, being bullied in the past, but unlike her he found nothing that would help him become a hero, instead with the lack of aid… he… would become the sidekick of one of the most powerful villains of Maretropolis… unless she kicks him off the place before that happens… then he doesn’t know what to do. 

7203641 Wow, this is... a great big wall of text. :twilightblush:

yeah I had to think really clear with this but do you get it? so that I may just give you the highlights if you don't.

7203984 I've only been able to read half of it.

OOF! Need me to just do the highlights for you?

7203994 That would be greatly appreciated. :twilightsheepish:

Since you mostly need the powers and backstory I'll just include those. For his looks you can use my profile pic as reference though he'll need some extra clothing of course.

Just remember that if you need a more detailed reason of how I came up with the Power Pony version look up the longer description

Highlights:

Alias: Thundershock
Abilities: Shockwave, Thundershock, Blitz

Shockwave - A powerful electromagnetic pulse powered by electricity. While stationary, Midnight Blitzer could summon electrical energy either within him or from other sources, causing a buildup of unstable energy. Once released, the wave of electrical energy is released in a massive burst, dealing a great amount of damage against those nearby. However the unstable buildup and sudden release causes harm to Midnight himself, tiring him out. It only affects those within his blast radius, meaning that a quick evasive move could lead to his blast not being able to reach them. The size and power of the Shockwave is dependent on the amount of energy within him, with more powerful blasts taking much more energy to power and inflicting more damage to Midnight, while smaller bursts require less energy and place less of a toll with Midnight. In order of resistance towards any of his special lightning attacks are Non-Supers (least), Supers (small resistance), Abilities Related to Extreme Conditions (good resistance), Lightning-Related Abilities (Includes Speedsters and Weather Controllers; Great Resistance), and Lightning Users (Near-Full Resistance. These are the ones that primarily deal with lightning abilities). 

Thundershock - A powerful electromagnetic pulse activated after breaking the speed of sound. Midnight could go at relatively high speeds, clocking in the hundreds of miles per hour, but by breaking the sound barrier (Mach 1) a powerful electrical shock wave is produced. This move does not require a buildup to be performed nor does it require energy by itself. It is powered by the movement of breaking the sound barrier. This move while having minimum effects on Midnight’s body while still having the same devastating effects on others, requires Midnight breaking the sound barrier, a move which by itself requires Midnight to temporarily push his speed limits, tiring him out. Despite this increase in speed, it is unable to compete with the likes of other speedsters who’s abilities or bodies are solely based on speed. (Rainbow is calculated at Mach 10 just to show you what I mean). 

Lightning Dash: A move solely based to give Midnight a speed boost. This move is charged through lightning, which is able to propulsion Midnight at lightning-like speeds.However this move does not release an explosion of electrical energy, and while it’s true that a small barrier of lightning surrounds him, the move is not designed to be an offensive move. On the contrary the original intention behind the action is to move from one location to another at incredible speeds, more used to be an evasive move than anything. In the future the move in theory could be exploited by using the time dilation caused by the extreme speeds as a form to rapidly attack other enemies, but the time within the rapid stage is short, lasting a few seconds at most. It could only be charged with lightning that comes from clouds, and while clouds are abundant, enemies could remove these clouds to prevent him from using the Lightning Dash as a form of evasion. The move would still tire him out by the end, and while the amount of exhaustion from using this move is minimum, it still forces him to be out of heavy activity for a few moments. 

Midnight could use smaller forms of electrical damage like Lightning Spears (small bolts of lightning thrown from his wings) or Electric Shield (a shield created by a small lining of electrical energy) among many forms of attacks and defenses. However all of these moves require energy and cause exhaustion, and while these by themselves could be powered by his body alone and their effects of exhaustion are easily ignored, when using them repeatedly and with each other the amount of energy required and amount of exhaustion slowly builds up. Midnight thus requires clouds or electrical wires as his main form of electricity which both helps the energy problem and his exhaustion, but if enemies played smartly they could force Midnight to use only a small array of his attacks until he’s able to find a new source of power. His powers are able to easily knock down Non-Supers, but against Supers, especially a group of Supers like the Power Ponies, he will struggle to keep up with them all, especially if they’re able to find his weaknesses and be able to counter each of his moves effectively. 

Background: 
Midnight Blitzer, back to when he was still a normal pony, was usually ganged up and beaten by basically anyone, both by other regulars, and villains whenever they go on their rampage. He probably would’ve tried to go find help with the Heroes but due to them fighting crime they probably never noticed him and he probably would’ve still gotten beaten up by others. He would try to rely on other things like improving his strength and evasive abilities, but with his defense being low he still got hurt. This constant mistreatment from others and the constant ignorance of the Heroes would put him in a position where he hated others, or couldn’t find a way to rely on them. Eventually he would be beaten up again, specifically near some type of electrical equipment like electrical wires, electrical powers, grids, etc. His rage would just be boiling at that point, and with pegasi naturally being able to harness weather, including electricity, with this confrontation happening near a power source he whether by being pushed into the source or simply through his rage, would absorb this power, leading to a local power outage as he absorbed this power, before turning on his attackers and unleashing his rage against them. This causes them to be extremely injured (possibly that they might even die in the future) and this scares Midnight. He can’t trust anyone at this point but he realizes that if he doesn’t find asylum he would probably find himself being the enemy of everyone. He knew about Heroes, but he wondered if he would be considered one after what he did to the attackers, and while he did defend himself, the amount of destruction done probably would cause him to be seen more as an aggressor rather than a victim. Since he can’t trust in anyone, even the heroes who might also find difficulties trusting him, especially with the harm he caused, (remember the Power Ponies as in the regular ones not the Mane Six versions, used to fight constantly with each other in private and argue with each other which actually leads to them losing their power until their sidekick teaches them how to cooperate so maybe this is when they’re still a split team.) he finds really no other option than to find one that he has to trust. After some very stressful nights of running away because of fear he finds himself with Mane-iac who he finds as the perfect place for asylum, at least temporarily until he’s able to actually escape the city, as he already notices how crazy she is and that she probably would be crazy enough to just pick him randomly. He really hated the idea of joining one of the villains, but after hearing her plans of attacking some of the villains that had caused him harm and just led him down deeper in the hole that he’s in now, he found it as a perfect way to kick them back in the face. He joins not because he’s inherently evil, but because of his own fear, his lack of trust in others since his early days in school, and because of the prospect of hitting back those who hurt him or ignored him in his time of need. Of course if he gets rejected by Mane-iac rest assured that he would be found and get the aid he needs and eventually would be able to trust others, but if he gets accepted then (that’s the goal you wanted in the first place, to find a sidekick), then he would become Mane-iac’s sidekick. Sure they’ll have some arguments as he’s still a newpony to the whole idea of doing evil, but if he’s properly guided into the dark path, then he may become more useful to her than she had previously thought.

7204048 I mean... It's better.

does it need more shortening? Cause I placed a lot of thought into it and I had to explain the special moves advantages and disadvantages and his backstory

Well anyways I hope you were able to read all of it and you were able to understand it.

7204445 Your character will be in consideration.

I'm kind of just holding on to see if anyone submits something to me, that just grabs me. If that makes sense.

heh I think somebody posted a info in your blog version but it's really short so you probably can read it. maybe try to have people pressured by saying only the first (insert number) people will be in consideration or the deadline which is (insert date) is when no more submissions will be accepted. Or something to make people submit

so how's things been going? I want to know when potentially would we recieve notification of when you'll begin creating the chapter to decide

7204606 Well, the story won't be out for a while. There is still somethings that need to be set in motion and a few other projects that must be finished first.

alright but when would we expect? I am interested in this new idea.

7204610 Possibly in May or June.

well may is a few days away so perhaps. how many people already submitted?

7204618 About 5 so far.

wow. that's incredible! Can I see their OC descriptions? I am very interested.

7204622 I posted a thread like this one in a few other OC groups as well as a blog. I think it would be okay, if you check them out.

Official OC Group
Supporting Original Characters

Hmmm... such an interesting selection of characters...

I thought I would do an update. Originally I was thinking of just using one villain sidekick, however after some thinking, I think it might be kind of fun to have a new guest sidekick for each relic heist (there will be at least three), to keep things feeling new and fresh.

So if any of your were wanting to submit a Maretropolis/Power Pony themed villainous sidekick to join Mable (the Mane-iac) and Ahuizotl, but weren't able to prior, feel free to make one here.

Have fun. :pinkiesmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 31