Goo Ponies 398 members · 28 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

These are slimes that focus on a specific element such as fire, water, grass, earth, etc.

Lave or Fire elemental slimes for the most part just seem to be there for the purpose of making monsters to fight or fight with in RPG games. When they are calm, I'd guess that they would become safe to touch, but very warm. I'm thinking heated-blanket-warm.

Water themed slimes are somewhat easy to imagine, there have been plenty of scientific theories about all forms of life coming from the "Pirmordeal ooze" and whatnot. I would imagine these kind of slimes to be second most likely to shape shift and be very runny.

Grass/Earth is probably the one thing people think of most when they think of slime or goo. This slime looks like it is made from various plants, or a combination of earth minerals. The creation of this goop ranges from magical or supernatuarl powers, to artificial manmade pollution. like the thing Nickalodeon had a weird interest with for quite a while.

Electric or energy based slime! Hmmm I honestly don't see this kind of stuff as often, I'm not even sure if I have even seen a slime based purely on electricity or any other kind of slime! I might end up making a separate thread discussing these things. Anyways I imagine these are slimes that can absorb a certain amount of energy and release it at will, or constantly. I would rate these slimes most likely to glow in the dark, right next to...

Ghost Slimes! I'm honestly not surprised that Ghostbusters and Homestuck are the only mainstream depictions of ghostly multidimensional slime I can find out there, and I am not sure I can blame them, the Slimer from Ghostbusters was kinda hideous... Anyways these slimes I am interested in exactly how they feel as far as texture goes, I mean these things can phase through solid structures and become tangible at will! These things could probably get away with setting a lot of surprise attacks. Not to mention maybe even fly!

Cloud/Air Slimes are probably the most obscure types of slimes out there, given that cloud based entities might not even qualify as slime given their cloudy and fluffy appearance. In case you didn't know, the above picture is the FLDSMDFR from Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, (I'd recomend this film if you enjoy spazztic humor and bad puns I'd say the film pulls that off pretty well.) This movie is about the only appearance of any matter transference that transforms clouds and air to anything remotely slime-like that I have ever seen from an official movie. Anything else is either a living cloud or something obscure that I find on tumblr or deviantart. That being said I think a slime cloud would probably be very light and aerodynamic, interact with the pegasi, and possibly create airtight seals.

Did I miss any elements? What did you think of my descriptions? What is your favorite type of slime? Would you like to see any stories with elemental slimes? (I would) Feel free to comment!

Well, there's arcane slime's. Slimes that are just spawned into existence via some spell/experiment gone wrong as represented in Shin Megami Tensei where they're almost always described as a summoning or fusion gone wrong.

Also poison...

I mostly wanted to put up a picture of Grimer...

Rainbow slimes?

From where they appear in Terraria we can tell that rainbow slimes are 'hallowed' creatures and enjoy bouncing around in the rain.

4172235 Hmmm Metal slimes, that sounds like it could be a rougher sub-element of the Earth element. I'd imagine they would feel like metal statues unless they moved around, I think they would be among the strongest slimes out there. Its strange imagining a sword bounce off of it like armor, but still just slither around everything like it is a slimey thing.

4172300 Hmmm Both of these slimes seem to be some sort of artificial/manmade slime Arcane Slimes through experimental shenanigans, and Grimers from man-made pollution. Although they don't look very flattering, or even stable enough to shape shift they definitely seem dangerous to any ordinary mortal creatures. Though it could be interesting seeing these creatures become more sentient slime ponies, The Arcana Slimes might make good unicorns with access to arcane magic and the grimer looks like it might best fit the form of a hefty earth pony.

Now this is definitely one of the weirder slimes I've seen! I'd say it fits in the category of energy or light based slimes. I get the strange feeling that it wouldn''t be out of character for these slimes to be able to create light signals or even lazers in herds. Its very hard for me to imagine these things not glowing in the dark. I'm a bit worried that touching them might have some side effects, maybe some ultra violet radiation? These things would probably really confuse the ponies with their movements if they shape shift beyond that blob form. It's very hypnotic looking!

Again with Grimer I more so wanted to put up its picture, as for the slime from SMT, well that's one way it's been shown... Here's the other.

Also, classical adorable Dragon Quest.

What's he?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6