The Triptych Continuum 562 members · 37 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

...did anyone see Torque Wrench and get very strongly reminded of Ratchette? No wings, and a different color scheme of course, but still.

You read my mind. As soon as I saw her, I thought, "That's Rachette!" I've heard that the writers of MLP are banned by contract from reading fanfiction, but I gotta say, this one looks like someone did indeed read Estee's work.

To be fair, I think she was actually supposed to be based on Rosie the Riveter- this is just where my mind went. The Wrench Wench is a common trope, after all. But darned if that rainbow generator didn’t feel like a Continuum device that might come Ratchette’s way.

Actually, you know what really felt like an Estee story to me? “Fame and Misfortune”, what with the plot being driven by ponykind in general being unthinking jerks seemingly past the point of plausibility- with a helping of reality subtext- not to mention the mane cast, for all their talent and influence, being unable to actually change anything in the end outside a small moral victory.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3