Stallionverse 236 members · 7 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14

Now before anyone get the wrong idea. No, I'm not saying we should change something that's already been establish, in fact I rather like the current EoH we already. But since the show introduced new canon stallions characters who do you think would be in the Mane 6 (or Bro 6 can't remember what the group are called here) if Jetto did a reboot of the Stallionverse?

That's a tough one to be honest. I mean, yeah, I ALSO like the current roster.

Still it IS VERY hard to deny that Cheese Sandwich would make an excellent Element of Laughter (especially if his presence in Ponyville was justified by him being Pinkie's "partner in partying").

I'm going to have to get back to you on this.

Jetto
Group Admin

Back when I wrote the first story, I didn't have much stallions to choose from, which is why I ended up with Doctor and Thunderlane in the mix. Yes, it all worked out splendidly, but I have a feeling that if I started later, they wouldn't be my first choice. There has been a few new cool characters,

Cheese Sandwich would be a perfect element of laughter, so Soarin would be moved to another category, but with his personality mostly intact.
Toruble Shoes is fun, though I don't know how interesting his gimmick could be in a long run. And we don't need two giants in the team.
Trenderhoof... hmm, interesting, but I don't think I could work with him for too long. Blueblood pretty much covers most of his bases.
Toe-Tapper, you know, that guy from Pony Tones? Yeah, I had to google him to remember his name.
Zephyr Breeze... nope. Never. Not a chance. Nuh-uh.

Nobody else comes to mind. Turns out there are still very few memorable male characters in the show.

And for a moment I thought about having Flash Sentry in the initial line-up... then I realized I walk on thin ice by making Blueblood the main character, so to save my hide I decided against it. It's for the best.

5281319 Wow is Zephyr that hated or is he that useless. Also what about Fancy Pant or Filthy Rich?

Jetto
Group Admin

5281508 Both. I can't imagine Zephyr being anything other than a liability, aside from a quirky solution to one or two problems, but that's not how my main heroes were made. Each element of harmony in Stallionverse is a badass in their own way, to the point that the weakest members of the team are a Wonderbolt and friggin Doctor. Zephyr doesn't compare in any way.

I thought about Fancy Pants for a moment, but A) Blueblood is already here and B) He's too old and busy for this group. I see him more as a mentor figure and supporting character, not a main one. And Filthy Rich is... meh. I like him, but he's not a hero material. And if he is, then it's for a completely different story.

5280432 Well there is;
Sun Burst
Double Diamond
Party Favor
Silver Shell (I don't like him)
if you want to you could also pull form the comics too.

Come to think of it, Sunburst MIGHT make a good Element of Magic. True, he doesn't have the raw power Twilight does, but he more than makes up for it in intellect. And Blueblood might make a decent (if unexpected) Element of Loyalty (he definitely has a sufficient level of loyalty to his aunt). Of course, that would mean Shining Armor doesn't get in the mess with Blueblood and stays in Canterlot to keep the force field around the city to make sure Nightmare Moon can't attack that city directly.

Jetto
Group Admin

5283396 Sunburst could work as a main character, who solves problems with wisdom and wit, instead of magical power. But being a unicorn automaticaly disqualifies him, because I absolutely cannot abandon the idea of Blueblood and Shining Armor being best buds, no matter what. And no, I will never DARE to disrupt the tribes ration.

And no comic book characters. At least, there are very few that I would actively use because I barely remember even some of them.

5287957 Yeah. That's cool. I completely understand. So, if you DID do a reboot, either the Doctor or Mac would get demoted to secondary character to make room for Cheese Sandwich, with Soarin' getting the demoted stallion's Element instead (Soarin' would get Kindness if Mac gets demoted [which, considering he is definitely far more of a lover than a fighter, would definitely make sense] or Generosity if the Doctor got demoted [which, considering his willingness to - share the bounty - also makes a lot of sense]). That would keep the tribe ratio intact.

But, if my guess is wrong, I profusely apologize.

5287957 No problem, now one was mentioning them so I thought I would.
I'm OK with any thing

Jetto
Group Admin

At this point, Im so invested in my current version that I doubt I would exchange them for anypony else, but that's me, today, after writing hundreds of thousands of words- you're bound to become attached to your babies.
Same with Sunnie, Moony, Twily- I like Starlight Glimmer and if I created spin-off today, instead of a year ago, the title might've been called "Sunny, Starry, Moonie, Twily"- which doesn't sound nearly as good. But as of today, Moondancer is too good to pass for her, reboot or not.

I'm not saying any of the new characters are better or worse (face it- Thunderlane was barely a character when I started), but those six- they are mine. They are the best. Because they're mine.

5288873 I am glad that you will not be changing any of the character. I was hoping that you would not, but I felt that it was not my place to change the CORE of the universe that you have created.
I promise to work hard to add my part in your universe and I hope that it will make your universe better.
I will do my best to catch up and help make this universe.

Good luck by the way.

5288873 Yeah. That's cool. I understand completely.

Hey there. Just thought of something that could work for this universe. Maybe Sunburst, Flash, Cheese and three other stallions of the author's choice could work as Heroes of Another Story (i.e. occasionally mentioned in passing, but rarely actually appearing) having their own adventures separate from those of the Element Bearers.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14