Stallionverse 236 members · 7 stories
Comments ( 79 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 79
Jetto
Group Admin

This is the thread for, uhm, ideas for future stories to write. Beware the spoilers, this is your last warning, everything further below will ruin your day and stories in some way... well, not really.

As for the 'dibs' part... sigh, I hate saying this, but the world we live in is a "first come, first serve", and this is the place where you can reserve a character, plot or stuff so others wont waste time and effort doing what already is being done. Can you imagine how depressing it is, when you make an awesom story about Vinyl meeting Octavia, then learning someone else already wrote it and its completely different? Yes, this is to mitigate such disasters from happening. Instead, whenever you see someone already doing stuff, either wait for them to finish it and maybe work on next part, or ask them if they want some feedback! Remember, just because I made the first three stories myself, doesnt mean I don't value some outside ideas.

Rambling alone, here are MY plans for nearest first few future stories, in no particular order.

1. Cadance- she will appear and will be a little different and more fleshed out than she is in canon (where she gets around, uhm... no backstory).

2. Jet Set and Upper Crust- yeah, they will appear in one of my stories, so refrain from taking them. No, they wont be too major of characters.

3 Poison Joke- not a character, but I couldn't resist.

Everything else is a fair game, except big villains (Discord, Chrysalis, Tirek, Sombrero), which will require a lot more thought.

Storm the brains and speak up. The idea is not stupid until someone else tells you it is. And even if it is, it can still be an awesome story :eeyup:

Nothing really concrete in my head yet, (Good thing, as the stuff is a pain to remove) but I'd like to reserve Ms. Peachbottom of Games Ponies Play fame. (The one they mistook for Ms. Harshwhinny) Thinking of something like a spy for someone/thing or other masquerading as a skittish tourist or an actual skittish tourist that keeps kicking off plot events by accident.

Jetto
Group Admin

3339506 Ooh, sounds spicy. I wouldn't mind her appearing around here and there.

Well, the best I can do is offer out some ideas, since I don't really write.

I had this one idea where Big Mac' visits Braeburn in Appleloosa, only to show up right in time to be deputized by the Sheriff, along with Braeburn and whoever came along with him, due to the need for more lawstallions when a group of bandits show up. Big Mac is reluctant until ponies actually start getting hurt.

The whole thing would work as an action-packed western, and a slight fish-out-of-water experience for those that decided to tag along with Mac.

Jetto
Group Admin

3344251 Sounds alright. Unless his tagalong happens to be Shining Armor, who thrives on fighting crime and upholding the law, zealously.

It'd be whoever the writer wanted. Again, I'm just sharing some ideas I had. Anyone is allowed to use what I come up with.

In terms of actual content, would this universe go along the line the original one did, except where not applicable? The sleeping dragon, Zecora, the Gala, and beyond, with or without letters to Celestia/friendship journal/whatever else? I figure it'd be easier to start making plans once we've got a direction in mind.

Jetto
Group Admin

3344685 At this point, nothing is really set in stone.
There won't be letters to Celestia, at least not in a form that was in original canon. I cant really picture Blueblood writing them like Twilight did, Instead, I imagine him visiting Canterlot a lot more often than Twi, so maybe work on that instead?
Adapting episodes from canon into this version is ok, just as long as they are not exact mirrors. I myself don't plan on using the sleeping dragon (Big Mac can beat it 1on1 :eeyup:), Gala won't be nearly as important to S!6 (Stallion Six) as it was to Canon6 and I already alluded to Zecora existing and being friends with Stephen Magnet. Feel free to use these elements as you please.

Overall, there arent that many changes, and most of them are pretty subtle. Go wild with imagination, really.

Another idea I've had was about Donut Joe, and the average day at his donut place in Canterlot. Which is to stay, there is never an average day, whether its from visits from the Three Maresketeers, Spike, Shining Armor dragging Prince Blueblood along on one of their visits back home, and a wide assortment of unusual and interesting Canterlot residents.

A kind of showing off of and expanding upon life in Canterlot and those that live and visit there.

3339396 Jetto, I know this is my own crazy head-canon talking, but... please hear me out. It violates IDW-canon, but I don't really count it.

Blueblood and Cadance... biological siblings. ... I think they are cousins in your verse, though, if I recall correctly. Sorry.

I would like to see Miss "Marigold" Harshwhinny findng common ground with Blueblood... but that goes too far into romance territory. *throws that out*

I want to see Blueblood and Luna bond a bit more, but I would not know where to begin.

Like in the group "Give Blueblood Some Character", I have many a premise in my head, but nothing, absolutely nothing, in my head to actually get that premise written out into a story.

Blueblood dislikes Daring Do -because natiional security reasons and this pegasus mare publishes her real-life adventures as fiction stories- and the Wonderbolts, perhaps? With the Wonderbolts, it would be relatively new, like in a scenario in which Soarin' has opportunity to reapply, and they give higher position to somepony else based solely on talent.

3339396 Also, one-sided Gilda crushing on Blueblood.:pinkiegasp::pinkiecrazy::pinkiehappy::pinkiesad2:

Jetto
Group Admin

3345158 I love it, Jimmy! Or whatever your name is. We could use some more a lot of "breather" episodes and this one seems like a nice one-shot.

3345219 Sounds cool, but I'm not sure what Gilda would see in Blueblood. Still, I find that amusing.

1. No, Blueblood and Cadance are not related. In fact, Cadance has a way different backstory.
2. Harshwhinny seems a bit too old for Blueblood. I'm not against them knowing each other, maybe she was a friend of his parents or something. Male-female relationship doesn't always has involve romance.
3. I don't really see Blueblood disliking Daring Do or Wonderbolts for any reason that seems plausible. He just doesn't care enough.

3345676 He's not a door-mat, nor is he lamely kind for kindness's sake. XD

As for the other stuff... We never get a confirmation on pony ages, really. And yes, a not-romantic relationship would be good... So long as we never retread pairing him with Trixie... OOH! With him around, Boast Busters could play out MUCH more different.

Not caring enough? Plausible... but I think it would come down to one thing: their incompetence as he sees it.

Jetto
Group Admin

3345758 I'd like to avoid plotlines that can be summed up as "Blueblood doesn't like x, but changes mind". He's able to stand Soarin, I'd say his patience and tolerance is high enough for this world.

Trixie, huh :trixieshiftright: ? The original story I had in mind had her come to town and do all the Trixie stuff she always does, until she notices Blueblood and goes all lovey-dovey on him, while he desperately avoids her. The rest of S!6 starts snooping around for clues as to what happened to them several years ago. Hilarity ensues, I just don't have any particular kind of hilarity in mind. Someone get on to this.

3346930 Hm, I thought he would stop the slander... but no, he's the kind of stallion that would let those events play out and then tell the three hecklers it served them right, isn't he?

Hmm, I think something should also be done with Minotaurs. We have only ever seen one in the show, and I would love to see more of them included in this universe.

Also, I'd kinda like to see some interaction between Blueblood and Twilight at some point. They're both students who have close relationships with both Shining Armor and Celestia, so it wouldn't be out-of-place to have them meet, and I'd love to see how they'd play off one another.

Jetto
Group Admin

3347248 +1 for minotaurs. I wouldnt mind seeing Iron Will and his kin a bit more.

And yes, Twilight and Blueblood must meet at some point and they will. I will take care of that, eventually :trollestia:

3347290 Glad to hear it, can't wait to see what happens. :rainbowwild:

Wait, something just came to me. A short story with Shining Armor serving as a temporary babysitter for Dinky and Rumble.

Jetto
Group Admin

3347311 Considering his experiance with babysitting Twilight and Moondancer (Sunset joined later), he should do pretty well... which could be the joke. As they leave them with him, Ditzy and Thunderlane keep getting weird, dark fantasies about something bad happening, after all, Shiny is a Princess Puncher, then they come back to find out... everything is fine and they're having a good time.
Bam, story ready.

3347416 I like it. :pinkiehappy: Though, my idea was more to have a story from the point of view of the kids, it would probably work better the way you described.

Jetto
Group Admin

3347439 I wouldn't mind having stories written from perspective of foals.

AAAH TWO IDEAS I HAD HAVE BEEN ALREADY SUGGESTED. I NEED TO COME UP WITH SOMETHING ORIGINAL AND STAKE MY CLAIM IN THIS VERSE ASAP!!!

Jetto
Group Admin

3363365 Turning off capslock is a very good first step, I found.

3364707 .......Can cannot compute if that was sarcasm or not

Jetto
Group Admin

3365017 I meant it, a bit less capslock please, its not pleasant to read, even if you're full of enthusiasm.

3365033 Oh, okay! I'll go easy on the capslock from now on, sorry :pinkiehappy:

Hey, do you have any plans for a return of that stallion (I think his name was Lucky or something) who stole all that stuff from Canterlot Castle via using Bluey?

Jetto
Group Admin

As someone with perhaps too much I'd like to write myself, it occurred to me; are there stories, be they what amounts to the main tale or side stuff, that you'd like to add to the Verse and don't quite have time to write out yourself?

Taking a cue from the Idea Exchange group, you could give an outline of important characters/events/jokes/tie-ins for a story, (spoilery details posted here or PM'd to a volunteer writer) let someone take those parts and put them together as per assembly instructions, send the result in for analysis, and if there are no problems, publish it.

Or if anyone else has an idea, but maybe not time to write it, same thing! Like wokow6's first post here. :pinkiesmile:

Would this work? I still haven't really come up with anything on my own. :fluttershyouch:

Jetto
Group Admin

3367535 That sounds like an awesome idea! I have some stuff I'll never get to, so yeah, sure. some things that were already mentioned:

"Trixie, huh :trixieshiftright: ? The original story I had in mind had her come to town and do all the Trixie stuff she always does, until she notices Blueblood and goes all lovey-dovey on him, while he desperately avoids her. The rest of S!6 starts snooping around for clues as to what happened to them several years ago. Hilarity ensues, I just don't have any particular kind of hilarity in mind. Someone get on to this."

Considering his experiance with babysitting Twilight and Moondancer (Sunset joined later), he (Shining Armor) should do pretty well... which could be the joke. As they leave them with him, Ditzy and Thunderlane keep getting weird, dark fantasies about something bad happening, after all, Shiny is a Princess Puncher, then they come back to find out... everything is fine and they're having a good time.

I'll see if I can think of more later.

Alrighty, I'll take a shot at the Not-Quite-Boastbusters idea, already got a few scenes to string together with a bit more connecting narrative, will hopefully get back to you in a few days. :coolphoto:

Jetto
Group Admin

Here's another idea that just spawned to me. Remember when Scootaloo said she will get her revenge? I admit, I didn't think this through and it wasn't nearly as funny as I intended, so I want someone to write a story about her revenge plot, ending with her realizing it was stupid and ending her plot once and for all (without even getting a revenge cutie mark). The more slapstick, the better.

Ooh, something occurred to me! It's probably a little too early in the series, but I might have a reason for the rest of the S!6 to try to figure out what happened with Rarity in the first story; suits!
One of Blueblood's first paragraphs stated how much he liked fancy outfits, where better in Ponyville (although mail-ordering probably isn't THAT much of a hassle, give or take Ditzy having a dismally derpy day) to get them than Carousel Boutique? Give or take it's proprietor apparently being one of his mortal enemies, or at least a pony he shares intense, mutual hatred with. Still, if that could be cleared up, great suits for him, a lot of new business for her, win-win! Now how to patch things up between them...?

Unless there's already something in the works for that, I mean. :pinkiesmile:

Jetto
Group Admin

3376341 I already have an idea on how they could make up and become friends, but nothing is set in stone. Not even the reason why they hate each other. If anyone has a brilliant idea, this is one of those things Im very much open to.

And dont be afraid to point out that these two, even if they wont fall in love, could support each other in a big way, financially and fabulously.

Jetto
Group Admin

Here's another, related to Chapter 1 of Thunder & Lightning (go read it to avoid spoilers):

Someone make a story about CMC's and their plan R. That is all.

So I had an idea.

So lets say, Hypothetically, There was this mare that used to be "friends" (And By "Friends" I mean she was head over hooves for him, but he was totally oblivious to it) with Shinning Armor back at the Academy where they train the guards. But one day She just up and quit, and he never saw her again until recently, when she moved to ponyville. They start hanging out again, and at the same time, Blueblood starts having "Not-Quite-Accidents" that is to say moments where Something Almost hurts him severely badly, but by a stroke of luck (or the intervention of one of their other friends) he manages to avoid getting hurt.

Turns out that the mare is the worlds worst assassin trying to off Blueblood by order of some shadowy group of shadowy figures that have malevolent goals and evil plots.

Conflict of questionably-skilled assassin and questionably-skilled (maybe just according to Blueblood, at least) bodyguard, not to mention the awkwardness when everything is revealed!

Her: "I'm trying to kill your friend. You never noticed at all?!"

Him: "Err..."

Her: "UGH, this is just like when I was in love with you! Which, by the way, YOU NEVER NOTICED AT ALL?!"

Him: "Um..."

That sounds pretty funny, even if the shadowy plots just sit around doing nothing from then on. :pinkiesmile:

Jetto
Group Admin

3457690 Please, do go on, sounds promising. Actually, how about combining it with this:

Here's another idea that just spawned to me. Remember when Scootaloo said she will get her revenge? I admit, I didn't think this through and it wasn't nearly as funny as I intended, so I want someone to write a story about her revenge plot, ending with her realizing it was stupid and ending her plot once and for all (without even getting a revenge cutie mark). The more slapstick, the better.

So that some ponies (mostly other CMC's) blame Scootaloo for going too far with her pranks and she's desperate to prove herself innocent, ending with climactic team-up with Shining Armor, after which they bury the hatchet.

Or you can do whatever else :pinkiehappy:

3457737 Oh, I didn't even think of that. Hmm....Maybe I could incorporate Scoots into it.

3457736 Yeah, Something like that.

Jetto
Group Admin

Her: "I'm trying to kill your friend. You never noticed at all?!"

Him: "Err..."

Her: "UGH, this is just like when I was in love with you! Which, by the way, YOU NEVER NOTICED AT ALL?!"

Him: "Um..."

Soarin: Geez girl, join the club! <points at a bunch of mares>

Rainbow Dash: I-I'm not in this club! I was just, uh, passing by!

Fluttershy: How nice, more friends!

Lily: ...

Moondancer: Wait, why am I in Ponyville?

<camera pans to a chair with a sign "reserved for Princess Mi Amore Cadenza">

Also, I think you're mistaking one crucial fact. Shining Armor might be a little goofy when things are in peace, but in dire times, he gets a temporary seven levels of badass and one level of radical, so when the feces hit the fan, expect him to show more.

3457744 That's the best part. She, as an assassin, is so highly incompetent, she is incapable of causing anyone any real harm, so Shinning's Bad@$$ery Never kicks in.

Oh, I know, but it's an amusing parallel nonetheless. Maybe the assassin (Killer Moves? "My special talent is dancing!"?) is actually pretty good at hurting those she's not trying to, making her as much of a shadow archtype (might be the wrong choice of words, opposite? Contrasting character?) to Shining as possible without contriving a reason for there being an evil guard in town?

Or that, for extra giggles! :derpytongue2:

3457755 She's not an evil guard. She dropped out of the academy, for reasons unknown, but blamed upon Shinning.

Jetto
Group Admin

3457752 I accept that logic, cause it makes little sense :trollestia:

3347290 Iron Will Challenges Big Mac to A wrestling competition, but Big Mac Refuses the challenge for some reason. So Iron Will decides to terrorize his friends until Big Mac agrees to the match so they can prove who is the strongest.

Jetto
Group Admin

3457839 I don't want to portray Iron Will as a terrorist. I was thinking more of something in Iron Will's style, like "Iron Will collects taxes and Sweet Apple Acres is in serious financial troubles, so Blueblood agreed to borrow them some of his savings. However, he has to go back to Canterlot for some papers and it'll take some time, meanwhile Iron Will is already there. So Big Mac has no choice, but to challange him, and since Minotaurs ALWAYS have to agree to a duel, Big Mac has to draw this long enough for Blue to return. Hopefully without leveling the entire town..."

Hey, I did mention I had a lot of ideas, that's just one of them.

3458310 My friend, I like the way you think. And trust me, you're not the only one with lots of idea's.

Jetto
Group Admin

3458360 Bonus points when it turns out that Iron Will is actually a match for Big Mac, and he has to try not to draw it out, but to stay alive!

On another note, how about making rivals/villains for each of S6? Blue already has one in form of Lottery Charm (the flashback guy) and lets just say that Crystal Hammer, the poor sod who insulted Twily (and scored Moondancer, apparently) in the past got a spot in character index for a reason :trollestia:

How about everyone else?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 79