The Idea Exchange 266 members · 37 stories
Comments ( 264 )
  • Viewing 151 - 200 of 264

(I like Alternate Universes, buuuuut... Let me know if there's a Story already with a Similar plot. And yes, I like using human tags. And if this warrants to be in the Teen Ideas forum, tell me and I'll move it.)
Title: Without Harmony
Tags: Alternate Universe, Human, Dark, Slice-of-Life
Characters: OC, Princess Celestia, Spike

Desc:
What if something different happened when Nightmare Moon returned... Twilight still stubborn to make friends, refused to take the five ponies with her and warned them not to get involved or risk getting eradicated by her own hooves. She doesn't know that Friendship with the other five Ponies are Required to awaken the Elements. It has failed and Twilight instead used her own magic and her rage that has awakened to best the Nightmare, and eradicated her life in a fight until one never breathes. Thus her mission is revealed a failure by Princess Celestia for not making friends, and in return Twilight Sparkle turned against her Faithful Teacher and attacked her, before being Banished from Equestria... Thus, Harmony has never awakened again... Princess Luna is still recovering from the final blow... And Twilight seeks revenge against her teacher...

It has been months since. Without Twilight, things have changed. Spike is living with Fluttershy, Episodes progressing without Twilight Sparkle, and some others alternately ending without Twilight here. Now... The tales of a Carefree Human-turned-Pegasus who knows Sporting Fighting Skills from Class will follow as he awakens here with Amnesia, while still having one fragment about being a human. There under Princess Celestia's Guidance will he forge a strong friendship much better. But when Twilight Sparkle returns to seek revenge, this new Pegasus may need to rely on tools and friends to defeat the fallen mare, and perhaps awaken the six elements of harmony.

AU Points:
-Elements of Harmony never Existed
-Twilight Sparkle turns Evil

Pairings
I'll let you decide...

Title: "All of Equestria falls into the Mirror Pool"

Short description: Discord shoved it.

Long Description:

Hearing about the Mirror Pool incident and the delightfully destructive tendencies of Pinkie Pie's clones, a bored draconequus decides to replicate the event. Only, bigger. :rainbowderp:

It's time to make his own Equestria! With clones! And chaos! :pinkiecrazy:

...Oh boy. :twilightoops:

For clarification: Discord has an entire pocket-dimension at his disposal.

I'm sure he can make room to fit an entire duplicate Equestria in there somewhere, so the clones and originals don't necessarily need to actually meet. (Saves Discord the complaints from "Sparkle-butt" and "K.K.".)

Unless it's funnier, of course. Then some of the clones might escape.

Hah, Prince Blueblood meets his clone.

"Peasant! Peasants! Humpf! Outrage! Peasants!"

Nopony can tell the difference. His clone has him arrested. :trollestia:

Title: The Wonder-Clone
Tags: Drama

When Spitfire was just a little filly, she fell into a magic pond. That was the day she got her "unofficial twin-sister"...

Blaze is a female Pegasus pony and a member of the aerial acrobatics group, the Wonderbolts. She first appears in The Ticket Master, and she has a speaking role in Rarity Investigates. [1] [2] [3]
- MLP-Wiki entry for Blaze

You'd think this character would just be another background recolor - but then, she suddenly gets speaking lines. It's doubly odd, for the choice of lines she got. Specifically talking about Spitfire. And apparently, she goes way back...

Not to mention, we never see her cutie-mark... Could it be, because it is identical to Spitfire's? :pinkiegasp:

Bonus-drama:

Blaze: "We looked everywhere, but Spitfire wasn't at her mom's house!" [Quote Rarity Investigates]

"Her", not "our". If Blaze were indeed a clone of Spitfire, this must be an... interesting family-dynamic. :rainbowhuh:
I'd imagine, a filly-aged twin-sister suddenly showing up out of nowhere, in what I assume must be a relatively wealthy family... "Oh, think of the scandal that would cause!" :raritydespair:

Plus, Spitfire is the captain of the Wonderbolts. Blaze, her copy, is... not. :twilightoops:

EDIT: There's a comic now. Because I made one. :derpytongue2:

So this idea's been bouncing around in my head for months, but I'll probably never actually get around to doing it:

Some pegusi show up at Fluttershy's, having a... well, innovative interpretation of "kindness." They think the Element of Kind-ness should go to someone who's a better representation of proper Pegasus Kind. Like, oh, Rainbow Dash.

Rainbow herself objects, vigorously. But Discord does, too - and it's up to Fluttershy herself to rescue these intruders.

(this may be up to someone else to title)

Short description: Noi tries to make dragon pillows.

Long description: Since gaining her cutie mark, Noi has become Ponyville's primary provider of pillows. But when an order, large both in quantity and in product size, arrives from the Dragon Lands, will it be too much for one filly?

Main character: Noi
Definite other characters: Ember (I picture her as being the one to deliver the order, as she's relatively small and less likely to inadvertently scare an entire town)
Probable and potential other characters: Golden Harvest (as her big sister or sister-like relative or even sisterly older pony with no technical familial connections), Spike (possibly the one Ember heard about her from, and probably part of any discussion she might have with...), Princess Twilight, the Cutie Mark Crusaders, Celestia, Luna

Assumption: Despite her having various cutie marks in the show, the pillow will be considered to be the right one, as far as this story is concerned. It symbolizes her ability to make pillows.

Idea based mainly on a line from "Gauntlet of Fire".

* How will Noi handle the logistics of pillows that will be slept on by dragons, in dragon lands?
* Will she be able to handle it herself (with difficultly), or will she need help?

Title: "Anything you want, Starlight Glimmer – except for friendship"

Tags: Alternate universe, drama, (dark?)
Characters: Starlight Glimmer

Short description: Starlight learns her lesson not to cast mind-control spells on her friends the hard way. :rainbowderp:

Description:
Starlight Glimmer's mind-control spell was more effective than intended – it's become contagious.

Soon, Starlight finds herself completely surrounded by literal-minded servants that blindly follow her instructions to a fault.

...And Starlight can't get the counter-spell to work. :twilightoops:

It's only a matter of time before somepony gets themselves hurt – or worse! From just failing to eat, or to avoid getting sick from cold night air, or to prevent a storm, or to flee from a timberwolf, or...

Starlight could really use a friend right now.

...Too bad all she's got are mindless thralls. :applejackconfused:

Addendum to previous story-idea:

No! Starlight Glimmer can't give up now! There has to be a way out! There must be!

Even if it takes the force of a hundred, a thousand, or ten thousand ponies to solve the problem...

Fortunately, Starlight has many thralls at her command that follow her instructions to the letter.

Suggestion: Begin the story with drama and a seemingly hopeless situation --- then solve it with "programming"-instructions. :pinkiecrazy:

4933399 I realize this was months ago, but I just thought of it, and I have to say it...

:twilightsmile: "And magic makes it Turing-complete!"

I forgot all about this group.

Title: Spyro 2.5: Gateway to Equestria
Tags: Crossover (Adventure), Mane 6, (CMC), Celestia, NMM
Spyro the dragon gets transported to Equestria. The story follows him as he try to get back home. (I have some idea about a rewrite of the classic game where Spyro will fight all Mane 6 and eventually Solar Flare and NMM but I don't know if that will work as a story. Matter of fact, I'm not even sure this story will work at all. (As for the CMC, you could either let them be on Spyro's side, or pair them up with their respective sister. You could also pair mane 6 up with their pets. SO many possibilities here.)

Title: TBD (Sweetie's hearth's warming)
Tags: Sad, Sweetie Belle
It's close to hearth's warming and Sweetie Belle has trouble sleeping because of noise. When she goes to see what all that ruckus is about, she discovers her parents working on a robot filly. Thinking she's going to be replaced, Sweetie runs away from home. The story follows her as she runs around in Ponyville's winter. (Maybe you could have the robot be a hearth's warming present for Sweetie. As for why she doesn't just run over to Rarity I'm blank. Could be because of distance, because Rarity aren't home or because it simply doesn't cross her mind.)

(Forget the second one. Something similar has already been made. )

“Un/grateful”
Tags: Drama (?)
Characters: Twilight Sparkle, Princess Celestia

After casting Star Swirl's last spell, Twilight Sparkle has worries and serious doubts about becoming an immortal alicorn-princess. Actually... she's leaning towards declining it.

Write this from Celestia's perspective, as she (desperately) tries to convince Twilight otherwise.

Alicornhood is supposed to be this amazing achievement, this great gift...

And... maybe she is being selfish, but Celestia doesn't want to lose Twilight to time.

> Show the other side of the “but I don't wanna be a princess”-stories.

"Patch note: Fixed 'Just being Pinkie Pie'-exploit"

Pinkie Pie wakes up one morning to find her special abilities suddenly no longer working.

She is not very happy about this.

This is especially vexing, since she has an important party and multiple events to organize for today. :ajbemused:

>Hard mode

Story can go multiple directions. Not the least of which is Pinkie just shrugging and rolling with it. Because obviously this isn't permanent... right? Or she'll just munchkin her way back up to her old self through some other means. :pinkiecrazy:

Or it's a huge drama as Pinkie fails to finish her party preparations in time. As organisatory things start going wrong in increasingly spectacular ways, Pinkie feels that she failed... :pinkiesad2:

So, the first guests arrive, only to walk in on a distraught Pinkie desperately still trying to finish the party preperations. Pinkie feels the weight of defeat, about to declare the party cancelled... but then she realizes her friends are still having fun, so maybe all the decorations and snacks and balloons and party games didn't really matter as much after all. :pinkiesmile:

(Had some fun doing a random cover image for an unwritten fanfiction-idea again. Not the best title I'd use, but it looked the most visually pleasing to add. [Vector source])

Tags: Dark, Sad
Characters: Sweetie Belle, Rarity

After Sweetie Belle discovered she was a robot, of course she couldn't help but wonder if she was “real”, if her emotions were genuine.

Turns out she isn't and they aren't.

There's a table in her system that associates situations with corresponding emotional states.

Sweetie Belle rewrites it to stop the pain.

It works.

...Rarity just wishes she could do the same.

Inspired by reading a Sweetie-Bot fic that was supposed to have Sweetie Belle going on a quest to find out “if she was a real pony” with “real feelings”, but accidentally implied that she wasn't three chapters in through her demeanor and actions when encountering an extreme situation she wasn't programmed for, and thus had no emotional response to.

For added creepiness, instead of simply setting all emotions to “NULL”, have Sweetie Belle selectively disable all reactions of “Sadness” or “Fear”.

Or worse, overwrite them with “Happiness”.

“...Being a soulless machine is hilarious!” :pinkiecrazy:

"To Teach Friendship"
Tags: Human, Ponies on Earth, Mane Six, Discord, Celestia, Slice-of-Life, Adventure
Timeline: Season 2
"Chaos is growing, even after Discord's defeat. His return will be early quick, and only the magic of friendship can defeat him again. Thus Celestia sends the Wielders of Harmony to Earth disguised as Humans to find who's one's Chaos is high due to lack of friends, and thus remedy that. Of course it would be easy, if those high school students aren't stubborn and not rejecting the geek's friendship. Thus the Elements sets a Task to show the Gaming Geek the Magic of Friendship, before Discord is finally released and this time sets chaos on earth."

"Friendship Video Games - SHS vs CHS"
Tags: Crossover, Equestria Girls, Hu-Mane Seven, Comedy, Gaming
Crossover w/: Skylander Characters
Timeline: After Friendship Games, but before Legend of Everfree
"Meet Bronze, a short but teenaged INTJ texan and a new student of Skylander High School, where he's friends with Spyra, Cynder, plus very few other Students, and he favors playing Chiptune Mixes which could rival DJ-P0N3's Dubsteps. Meet Platinum, an ISFP student who lived in Equestria City and enrolled months ago in Canterlot High, and a friend of the Rainboom Band with his favorite Instrument being an Electric Guitar. One day the friendly war has been declared between two school's students, and the only way to settle is Multiplayer Gaming. Let us see who can reign supreme in FPS and such other genres and who will bite the dust in the end. Yep, it's gonna be a Storm of Chaos and Comedy, and both Bronze and Platinum will be involved in this friendly war and both will become rivals."
Fun Fact: In reality I'm the INTJ.

"Super Solver in Canterlot High"
Tags: Crossover, Equestria Girls, Slice-of-life, Adventure
Crossover w/: Super Solvers Series
Timeline: After Friendship Games
"By Day, Quick Snoop is an Ordinary Student of Canterlot High, who hadn't lots of friends but few he is okay with, isn't very fond of violence but average in PE. But at Night he is a Super Solver tasked like others to battle the Master of Mischief and his Painting Robots to paint the buildings invisible by midnight, especially the School. But it will be soon when the Human Six plus two Twilights gets involved when villains team up wtih Master of Mischief to paint Canterlot High Invisible, making it to never exist at all. Thus time is of the Essence for Quick Snoop."

"All's fair in Love and War"
Characters: Thorax, changelings
Tags: Romance, Comedy

The Queen of another Hive has a crush on poor, timid Thorax, who happens to be the first changeling-king in millenia. She does what any true changeling Queen would do. Use all available resources and drones at her disposal to conquer take over spy on stalk win at love.

"Win his love," isn't that what I said? :pinkiecrazy:

[EDIT] Or, in short: Thorax deals with an overeager would-be marefriend that's in control of an army. :trollestia:

Flash Sentry is a thousand years out of his time. He isn't a crystal pony, but he happened to be in the Crystal Empire when it vanished. And now that everything is back, he tries to look up any relatives that might've survived, but he can't find anypony...

... except for one young great-great-great-niece. An orange pegasus orphan. In Ponyville.

Starring Scootaloo and Flash Sentry, in "Not Your Typical Scootadopt!"

I'm sure Twilight will come in somehow, but how is up to you... as a love interest, as a failed crush, or just as an overenthusiastic historian?

"Applejack VS The Post-Scarcity Economy"

With the advent of new spells, conjuration and permanent transformation of materials and even objects – including prepared foodstuffs, household-items, and industrial machinery – become more and more readily available to the public.

At this point, enforcing a prohibition on these spells would be impractical at best, cause for a rebellion at worst.

One one hoof, it means an exciting new future for Equestria, the ability to create almost anything at near zero cost.

One of the other hoof, Ponyville's business-owners fear for their livelihood.

A concerned Applejack and an excited Twilight Sparkle sit down to have a talk.

Mind and memory

Due to a spell gone wrong, Twilight's friends find themselves in the unique situation of sharing all their memories as one.

But who are you when you have six different sets of memories?

She tried flapping her wings - then realized that she didn't have them, because she was Applejack.

[Idea inspired by the above image by artist liliumena]

“Chrysadence”

A failed attempt at revenge results in Queen Chrysalis and Princess Cadence to merge into a single entity, with a single mind.

'Her' reactions to the utterly horrified Shining Armor and Twilight Sparkle are... complicated.

Any fics on the subject of “merged personalities” I've seen exclusively feature the Mane 6. (E.g. “ShyLight”, “Twilight Dash”)

So what, if the personalities were at odds?

"Sunshine... sunshine..."
"Lady-bugs awake..."
"Clap your hooves..."
"...and do a little shake..."

“Would it matter (to the pony I'm impersonating), if she was?”
Tags: Comedy

Undercover love-collector Carapace is doing well – the pony he's impersonating has wealth, love, and a fine taste in wine.

Then one day one of his “friends” asks him, if it would matter, if she was a changeling.

He has no idea how to answer this question without compromising his disguise.

And... is the other pony truly a changeling? Are they an infiltrator who replaced somepony? Are they a sleeper-agent who's always been a changeling all along? Are they a rogue? Where do their loyalties lie?

Do they already know he's a changeling, probing him to see if he'll confess?

"Taking the long way home"
Characters: Twilight, Spike, Starlight

Starlight destroyed the time-spell, stranding all three of them in the past, and preventing the Rainboom.

Twilight now has about 15 years to get history back on track. Or close enough, anyway. :twilightsheepish:

...Actually, Equestria could use some improvements while they're on it. :derpytongue2:

"Glimmer versus Glimmer"
Tags: Drama
Characters: Starlight Glimmer, Starlight Glimmer, Twilight Sparkle

Starlight's time spell created a second Starlight Glimmer that never gave up her plans for revenge. Now, Starlight has to use everything she's learned as Princess Twilight's student to stop... herself.

[Idea inspired by FanOfMostEverything's "A Crazed Gleam" and Trick Question's Broken Symmetry]

Two Identical twins, separated at birth and who have somehow managed to receive not only the same name but also the same fairly generic cutie mark meet for the first time after both moving to Ponyville. Each thinks the other is a hostile changeling, and confusion and hijinks ensue.

The Cutie Mark Chronicles: Magical Mystery Cure Edition

We know how the Mane Six got their cutie marks. But during the cutie mark swap, not only they, but everyone except Twilight remembered events as if they'd always been that way. So how would they have remembered getting their cutie marks? Especially since they all seem to be so bad at what their cutie marks were telling them to do...

As a reminder:

* Applejack was making dresses
* Rarity was making weather
* Rainbow Dash was taking care of pets
* Fluttershy was attempting comedy
* Pinkie Pie was doing apple farm work

This would probably work with a frame tale of some sort.

5757043 Heh. I imagine other ponies would also repeatedly get the two confused. Which could lead to some hilarious hijinks if there are some ponies who comically never realize that there are actually two of 'em. (e.g. Snips and Snails)

Or both have similar ideas on how to root out the other, the "changeling". :raritywink:

"Okay, Snips. I'll give you a password, uh..." He looked around, seeing a grey pegasus eating a muffin. "The password is 'muffin pony'. If you see me again, and I don't know the password, that's the changeling!"

[Turns around corner, just as identical looking pony shows up]

"Okay, Snips. I think I've got it. We'll use a password..." He looked up, seeing a pegasus flying overhead biting into a muffin. "The password is... 'pony muffin'. If you see me again, ask me the password - if I don't know it, that's not me!"

The climax is of course when both go to their first day of school in the same class room. :derpytongue2:

Twist: One of the colts/fillies in class is an actual changeling. :trollestia:

Comment posted by Gadgetphile deleted Feb 24th, 2017

5779227 Possibility: Twist is the changeling. Should she have to hiss, it comes out "Hithththththth".

Scootaloo really WAS a chicken.

A chicken that got hit by a spell and turned into a pony. Not that Scootaloo even remembers it. Until one day, Twilight accidentally lifts the spell...

This can easily mix comedy with an existential identity crisis, and examination of the role of sapient animals in Equestrian society.

Animal intelligence in MLP has always stumped me. Just think of Fluttershy's animal book-reading club. I get the feeling those critters could build their own civilization if given the chance. :rainbowderp:

5829138 Good one! :pinkiehappy: :twistnerd:

Hugs?
Basically, Sweetie Bot meets the 12th doctor. Could be an interesting team up.

5839934 Oh god. I'm just now finally catching up on season 8 of Doctor Who, and... he is not a hugging person. :twilightoops:

Also, the Doctor in general seems to have something against robots. And AI. :rainbowhuh:

Nothing against cyborgs though. Or people who've had their consciousness uploaded to a computer.

But I don't think AI gets much positive portrail in Doctor Who.

So Sweetie Bot has it doubly difficult. :twilightsheepish:

...Oh gosh, I can just imagine it:

"You are only saying that you love your sister because you were programmed to do it! You're just computer code, with some plush exterior!"

*Sweetie Bot starts crying*

"Oh, oh, great. Execute cry.exe, eh?"

*Sweetie Bot continues to cry*

(to self) "Oh come on! It's just a machine, it's just acting!"

*Sweetie Bot sobs grow harder*

(to self) "Okay, it's a machine in she shape of a small horse-child, but that doesn't make it any different from a toaster! Toasters toast, calculators calculate, and robot-horses ... "

"...give strangers hugs..."

"...try to be nice..."

"...love their siblings..."

"...and start crying when some idiot starts yelling at them..."

*12th Doctor awkwardly pats Sweetie Bot's mane*

"There. There. ...There."

Somepony makes one mistake thanks to a sneeze. Upon realizing it, (s)he then makes a second mistake...

...saying a frustrated "Oh, Flurry Heart!" in earshot of Twilight Sparkle. (Or Twilight Velvet, Night Light, Cadance, or Shining Armor. Your choice.)

(The problem may be squeezing 1000 words out of this idea while not making it excessively long for the idea.)

5889142 Well, her parents did name her after a disaster... :derpytongue2:

But yeah, I can totally see that becoming a thing. :trollestia:

Title: Two's a crowd
Tags: Romance

Pinkamena falls in love. The problem is, Pinkie Pie already likes somepony else.

Sometimes, having multiple personalities in the same body can really be a problem.

(what? No, not with each other! ^_^; I meant that Pinkie Pie's two split personalities both fall in love with two different ponies. XD)

Tags: Slice, romance
Characters: Pinkie Pie, Twilight Sparkle, OCs

Pinkie Pie is rather surprisingly to receive a postcard from Manehatten congratulating her “on the new foal”.

The card was clearly sent in error – yet it is also adressed to a “Pinkie Pie”, and even has a picture of what appears to be her on it that she doesn't remember being part of.

Turns out, she isn't the one having a foal.

Her clone is.

"Scootaloo really WAS a chicken", addendum:

...And even after being turned back into a pony, Scootaloo can't help but worry what ponies will think of her. She's more self-conscious than ever about being flightless, and can't help but feel like everypony is talking behind her back.

And, what is she even doing in school? Chickens don't do math homework. Chickens don't get an education. They just sit in a coup all day and lay eggs. They're totally un-awesome.

So what will Rainbow Dash think of her now?

...Queue the heartwarming scene of a blue, rainbow-feathered chicken fluttering in through Scootaloo's window, giving her an affectionate nuzzle. Rainbow Dash asked Twilight for a little favor to help make Scootaloo feel better about herself. :twilightsmile:

...Of course, the scene ends with chicken-Dash being chased out of Scootaloo's room by an orphanage orderly yelling something about "No pets allowed!" :trollestia:

A story where Twilight does absolutely nothing.

5903495 Twilight accidentally paralizes herself, but nopony notices because she's stuck with an open book in front of her. :trollestia:

Impossible Friendship
Tags: Drama, (sad?)

Twilight is fully aware of the dangers of time travel, and what changing the past can lead to.

A magical accident has left a little unicorn-colt from a time long ago stranded in the present for a few days. He's shy, easily scared, and seems to only open up to other unicorns.

His name is Sombra, and he just made friends with Sweetie Belle.

Tags: (dark) comedy

An actual zombie-pony happens to visit Ponyville during the town's cookie-prank on Rainbow Dash. Now, he may be a flesh-devouring, rotting corpse, but THAT is just offensive!

He's gonna shuffle right up to whoever's responsible for this and give 'em a piece of his mind! Or take some of theirs, sounds good either way.

Title: “With no regard for causality”
Tags: Comedy, Random, Slice of life

Twilight invents a timetravel-spell that lets the user mess around in the past without actually changing their original present, as it always returns the user to their home-timeline.

Twilight decides to have some fun with this.

“Hah! Take that, 4th grade sports teacher Mister Dodge Ball who used to humiliate me and speak ill of books! I will grow up to become an alicorn-princess and save Equestria several times!”

“Oh, Princess Mi-a-more Cadenza, I am soooo excited for the wedding. By the way, Chrysalis, your shoes are untied.”

“I am you from the future! I have come here to remind you that the library book you got for the school science fair is due tomorrow, so don't forget to return it on time!

Until Future-Twilight barges in and decides to have some of her own.

Title: "Who killed Lord Tirek?"
Tags: Adventure, Dark

Someone is systematically killing off all of Equestria's villains, even against the princesses' will. Not even Tartarus is safe, ironically.

It's up to Discord to find the culprit.

The Mane6 are resurrected by an immortal Twilight Sparkle centuries in the future, into a world entirely alien and unfamiliar to them.

The world isn't the only thing that's unfamiliar however – just how well do they know this older Princess Twilight Sparkle?

Write the classic “immortal Twilight would do anything to get her friends back” from their perspective.

Pinkie Pie vs the Bureaucratic Apparatus

Pinkie Pie gets audited for her taxes.

The tax auditor gets Pinkie Pie'd.

...Who will cave in first?

Title: „Princess Celestia is replaced with an inanimate object, and somepony notices.“
Tags: Thriller, Drama, (Dark)

Princess Celestia is replaced with [inanimate object], and nopony notices – except for Twilight, who is both horrified and confused about the situation.

Struggling with peer pressure of an entire world clearly gone mad, Twilight Sparkle is in a race against time to find answers, as more and more ponies are replaced with objects without anypony seeming to care...

Crackfics just mess with my brain. Sometimes my brain just can't switch its "expected character behavior" setting from "realistic" to "crackfic". The result is often wiplash, as my subconscious tries to fit the character's nonsensical actions into my mental model of how they should act built from years of reading MLP-fiction, and overanalyse the logical consequences of the situation presented in the crackfic. :derpyderp2: Hence, this story scenario. :derpytongue2:

„Continued lack of sleep due to parental obligations leads to poor decisions and time travel“
Characters: Cadence, Shining Armor, Cadence, Shining Armor, Flurry Heart

Flurry Heart's teeth are growing in, and Cadence and Shining Armor haven't had a good night's rest in over a month.

In a world of magic, this can lead to some very poor decisions – such as talking Starlight Glimmer into sending the two of them a month back in time so they can relax while their past selves take care of the baby – only to THEN start fretting if their past selves are taking good care of their baby and rushing back home to run interference.

Meanwhile, the other Princess Cadence and Shining Armor are on high alert after suspicions of changeling-activity have been raised...

Title: Flurry Heartattack

Characters: Twilight, Shining Armor, Cadence, Flurry Heart, Flurry Heart, Flurry Heart, Flurry Heart, Flurry Heart, ...

While visiting Ponyville, Flurry Heart falls into the Mirror Pool, much to Shining Armor's and Cadence's shegrin.

„Congratualions, uhm, it's... quin-deca-duplets!“ Twilight grinned awkwardly.

Shining Armor fainted. After a moment, he began throthing at the mouth.

Cadence gave one look at the multitudes of alicorn-foals flying, blasting, levitating, teleporting all about, then down to Shining's prone form twitching on the ground. Then she followed her husband's example.

Title: “Oil is thicker than Water”
Tags: Drama, Slice of life, (sci-fi)
Characters: Sweetie Bot, Rarity

Sweetie Bot helps Rarity adjust to life as a cyborg after a terrible accident.

Sisterly robot/cyborg bonding ensues. :pinkiesmile:

“THE VISCOSITY OF OIL IS THREE TIMES HIGHER THAN THAT OF WATER!”

Title: The Best Night Ever β - ζ
Tags: Alternate Universe is obvious; others... will depend.
Characters: The mane six.

In "The Ticket Master" α, Twilight Sparkle sent back her two tickets and got back six seven. But what if she'd decided which of the five ponies to take instead? (Show her reasoning, though some might be harder than others.)

Title: “Banished together”
Characters: Nightmare Moon, Daybreaker

Both Daybreaker and Nightmare Moon are banished by the Elements of Harmony – to the same empty space-rock. How they'll spend the next 1000 years is up to them. :trollestia:

Tags: Drama, Comedy
Characters: Rarity, mane6

A distraught Rarity is diagnosed with a rare genetic defect that causes a swolen tongue resulting in speech impediment, inhibits the body's natural distinction between coat-hair and mane-hair, and causes extreme hair-growth.

In other words: She is turning into a „fluffy pony“.

You know, like Flufflepuff. Only, Rarity isn't taking it so well...

• Viewing 151 - 200 of 264