Reality War: Planning and Discussion 5 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 40 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 40
notMurphy
Group Admin

OK first things first: the party has been divided.
Everyone is in Canterlot, but they are in two separate time periods.

On the eve of the Changeling Invasion (aka Shining and Cadence's wedding), we find Sharp Wit, Riptide, and Primeval waking up from what seems like an explosion in a building belonging to the 'Torchhoof Institute'

One week after the Tenth annual celebration of the crowning of Princess Twilight Sparkle, we find Ako in a hospital bed, delivered by a concerned Cain and Scribble. (Strong evidence of Isop lurking somewhere in the back ground)

Zervziel
Group Admin

3355812 Pretty big downside in that we have no direction nor any information on what's going on or even where they really are.

notMurphy
Group Admin

3357762 so... you're saying it's like they just woke up from an explosion that might possibly have thrown them through time? :rainbowhuh:

Zervziel
Group Admin

3357790 Pretty much. Don't really know where to go from here. Are there ponies around, changelings, or is Doctor Claw's Robotic attack chickens on the loose?

notMurphy
Group Admin

3357795 ... have you even read the post? :ajbemused:

Zervziel
Group Admin

3357799 yes. Was wondering why you switched from Torchwood to Torchwhoof. Retcon? Anyway, I'm mostly waiting for Sharp to post first since this is supposed to be his section. If he waits too long, then I'll go.

Zervziel
Group Admin

3357799 Is there anyway to get a hold of Sharp? Because he hasn't been around much. I mean he hasn't posted or said anything since the third.

notMurphy
Group Admin

3358015 So it looks like Sharpwit is back from outer-space...

Zervziel
Group Admin

3359188 Yup. Btw, any info on those four Torchwood/Torchwhoof/Torquewood ponies. Like where they are and what they are doing? I don't want Riptide to accidentally bust in on someponie's wank session or something as embarrasing.

*smash*
TWP: Aw, come on! Can't somepony poop without being interrupted?!"

Yes, my jokes are horrid. I'm tired and kinda sad that I've been so low on creative juices recently.

notMurphy
Group Admin

3359269 I guess we're going to go back to using 'Torchwood' :applejackunsure:
As for the agents, they don't seem to be investigating the area.
They are armed and wearing suits (or what passes for a suit on a pony) and those sterotypical black sunglasses that government agents are always shown wearing.

While they don't seem to be looking for anything specific, they do seem to be examining anything that seems unusual.

I would say that at this point you could probably sneak away, ambush them, or (if you've completely lost your mind) confront them directly.

...Also at some point Riptide will probably first notice that the sky seems to be encased in a giant bubble of purple magic... and then later (if she finds a telescope or something) she might notice the army of changelings on the other side, banging against the shield.

To recap: you are currently about half an hour before the Changeling Invasion fully starts. The City Guard is posted around the perimeter of the city (which is why so few of them were inside and able to help when the shield cracks)

During this desperate period... one during which the Torchwood Institute has been largely ignored despite their concern that the Changeling Invasion might be part of some larger incursion against Equestrian reality ... they decided to try out an experimental device. It blew up in their faces, and now they're trying to pick up the pieces.

I hope this gives you a few better leads

Zervziel
Group Admin

3359295 Experimental device? Oh balls, our characters are there because of these morons aren't they?

notMurphy
Group Admin

3359336 ...yes :facehoof:
That was supposed to be part of the plot, but I guess letting the cat out of the bag early doesn't spoil the later reveal.

Zervziel
Group Admin

3359343 Oh? I thought our characters are in Canterlot to discover why torches have wood. :trollestia: That and an opportunity to troll/slaughter an invading army depending on mood and whether or not Riptide can find a plank of wood.

Yes, that was terrible and no I'm not apologizing.

Nexas
Group Admin

Oh, these ponies and their mucking around with time travel and things they don't understand.:rainbowlaugh:

notMurphy
Group Admin

3361852 3359566
Status update for Team Scribble:
Anarchy is feeling the pinch of his work schedule...
But he says Ako will just stop, dumbstruck, at the doorway of the hospital. After a token bit of testiness she'll go along with Scribble's plan... whatever that turns out to be.

In the likely event he's not able to post before then, I'll try to have something up tonight (or 12 hours from now... whatever timezone you happen to find yourself in.) to continue the storyline.

Yeah, I've also got one in the works for Team Sharp as well :twilightblush:

Zervziel
Group Admin
notMurphy
Group Admin

ok... sorry for the delay, I should have something up in a few hours.

notMurphy
Group Admin

So, for reference:
Hunter S. Thompson
... the guy who wrote 'Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Ray Brabury (aka Brad Rayberry)
Famous 20th century Sci-Fi writer.

Does anyone have a good horse-pun name for Mars?
Edit: I'm calling the Equestrian version of Mars 'Ares'

notMurphy
Group Admin

Soo... I'm going to be preoccupied this week, though I'll try to get a few things posted.

Sharp Wit, this is the start of the storyline that will tie back into the Inspector's old EBI days. Go ahead and characterize the pony however you like, but he was unaware his partner was a changeling.

Nexas, I intended for your group to end up at the cafe that Scribble used to frequent in the old days.

Zervziel
Group Admin

3532450 :facehoof: Noone saw this, dude. You need to actually tag people to send a notification. As for me, I'm going to be gone for this weekend and be back on Sunday

Nexas
Group Admin

3532450 Oh, really?
Cool. We'll do that then. I mean, if you still want to.

notMurphy
Group Admin

Posting notice: I'm giving you guys six hours to make any additional posts before I move the two storylines along.
I know I've been the one dragging things down lately, and I mean to be better about it, but I also think we need to communicate a little better about where this is going:

Team Wit: will be regrouping at Past!Sharp Wit's apartment where a few details of the perplexing pegasus's past plot points will be revealed, as well as the nature of the group's real mission.

Team Scribble: will find both the impetus to get a move-on, as well as an actual next stop (while their parade of pursuers and hangers-on continues to grow and become more complicated, though this is going to be primarily a social conflict, and not a physical one)

This post applies to: (everyone)3588512 3540124 >>Anarchy Archer >>Inspector Sharp Wit

Zervziel
Group Admin

3694607 Roger, roger.

Nexas
Group Admin
notMurphy
Group Admin

Aaand it looks like I'll be putting up another couple of posts later tonight, just to smooth the process of moving us forward (don't worry, Nexas, I won't skip over Scribble's decision point)

InspectorSharpWit
Group Admin

Ok, quick question: where can I find the other chapters of the RP (before we switched over to the new website)? I need to review some past points before I finish today's update.
Please and thank you! :pinkiehappy:

notMurphy
Group Admin

Please let me know if you would prefer to determine your own responses for your characters in the two establishing posts, I am willing to change or remove part that conflicts with anyone's plans.

3739428 3736425 3694797

notMurphy
Group Admin

And the other post is up... with plenty of distraction of the others for Scribble to make up his mind what to do :trixieshiftleft:

notMurphy
Group Admin

3739428 3736425 3694797
And another post (barely) up.
Will have a new post up for team Wit Fri morning.

notMurphy
Group Admin

Ok, it's not pretty, but the Team Wit post is up... again, please let me know if anything needs to be changed.

Zervziel
Group Admin

3753146 Pretty sure this is the first time Riptide has even heard of the plan for her to use magic outside of water magic.

notMurphy
Group Admin

3753278 And Sharp forgetting to mention details of his plan seems ooc how?

Zervziel
Group Admin

3754275 Never said anything about OOC.

InspectorSharpWit
Group Admin

3754275 Just a little nit-pick, it's EBI, not EIS. :twilightblush:

notMurphy
Group Admin

3755315 Fair enough, I'll probably fix it tomorrow.

notMurphy
Group Admin

Update, two posts.
Hopefully a few more posts this coming week.

Believe it or not, we are approaching resolution for this episode.

Zervziel
Group Admin

3965299 Cool. I take it Rip will learn more about incantation in one of those later posts?

Zervziel
Group Admin

3965299 Don't think you realized it but you switched Golden Dawn and Blue Streaks pony types. Blue Streak was the unicorn and Golden Dawn was the pegasus. She left a note on his horn and was grumbling about unicorns acting like technological knowitalls earlier on.

notMurphy
Group Admin

3968493 ... [checks post] Son of a ...
Good catch, thanks :facehoof:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 40