Ideas and Development 125 members · 424 stories
Comments ( 21 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 21

I'm looking for ideas for stories. I want to make a book 5 but I do not know what it should be about. Any ideas?

I'd first advise that you really rethink everything you've already made. Then take an entirely different approach to writing.

4707492 I can't do that. I enjoy making my stories. If I did it differently then it wouldn't be enjoyable for me. If it's not enjoyable then that would defeat the purpose of me writing everything.

4707492 Plus my stories are gold compared to some of the stuff I seen.

4707467 I've got a few good ideas you can use.

4707614 Great! Lets hear them!

4707889 Ok. But first let me ask. What kind of genre are you aiming for? Comedy, horror, romance, adventure, slice of life, drama?

Not at all, taking a new approach would simply improve your performance overall. Nine hundred words does not a real story make, hell it doesn't even make more than a few paragraphs. It's only in specialized circumstances that a low word count is acceptable as a very short one shot. Yet you made four of these in a row, and passed it off as a series. You literally could have combined your four "books" into a single chapter, written it better, and come up with a solid plot. Instead, you chose to do something very ill-advised. That's not even mentioning the other problems that display the lack of creative thought that you put into them.

I'm not saying this to be mean, but it's sort of unavoidable. For your own sake, rethink how you should go about writing; because you've somehow managed to get wrong a thing that has no real right way.

4707934 Comedy (Most of the characters are stupid.)
Romance (Mostly between Pez and Hope. Keep it PG.)
Adventure (on occasion.)
Slice of Life (most of the time.)

4708046 Ok. One other question. Are you asking for story ideas in general or ideas that involve this series of yours? Cuz I haven't read any of your fics yet.

4707957 Well, I'm just starting out. My series will get better... and it IS a series because once I make more of these stories, there will be a visible storyline. The stories with a bunch of chapters are for special things like, backstories, holiday specials, and anything else notable. It makes the special stories seem better.

P.S. I'll likely add alicorn OC's. MUHAHAHAHAHA! Don't worry my alicorn OC's actually struggle to solve a problem. Non-Mary Sue alicorn OC's are real.

4708063 Stories that involve my series.

No, it won't be a series. What you have right now aren't actually books. Making more of them will not change that. It will just be several poorly written things that take literally two minutes to read. I don't care what OCs you make, because unlike some people I'm actually okay with alicorn OCs that aren't poorly written.

Your problem is that you don't have any real story idea. You don't have a real plot. I've never seen a single person that can make a worthwhile story that is under one thousand words. It's a testament to how little you actually care about what you're writing. And you know what? I will actually join your group and help you, if you agree that you'll try to flesh out your stories into something that a person will want to read. If you let me give you worthwhile advice, and you make a point to listen to it, I will actually help you with your "series". That being said, you're going to have to actually revise your stories.

4708096 Oh, ok. I haven't read your series yet.

4708065 Well I do have one up for grabs but I'll have to PM you it.

4708097 Depends on what you mean. If it means adding detail, fixing some mistakes, or making my stories longer. I will accept your help.

If it means altering my character's personalities, changing the storyline, or throwing away Standing Stones all together, then no. I formed this team specifically for Standing Stones.

The former. I will give you advice on how to flesh out what you already have, I will show you how to fix any errors, and I will try to give you tips on adding detail.

However, I will be up front about this. I guarantee you that you'll be better off coming up with a new idea.

4708163 Alright. I'll let you in and see what you try. We will NOT get rid of Standing Stones.

If things don't run smoothly I will have to turn you down. It's not that I am unreasonable it's just that I have a different opinion on how things should go. Of course adding a bit more "meat" to the stories won't hurt. Let's see how things go.

Don't take it personally, I'm sure you're a great person and all. It's just business.

Very well, which group is it?

4708196 Alright I sent the invite.

I think I'll start by looking over the first book. I'll let you know in a PM what can be fixed, when I'm done.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 21