Library of Trivial Lore and Other Things 122 members · 280 stories
Comments ( 31 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 31
Noble Thought
Group Admin

If you have a story that you'd like to add, or aren't sure if a piece of lore you're thinking about is 'trivial,' then please ask it here. If it's a story, please link to it so that other members can peek at it.

You can mention the type of lore that you are trying to build, but sometimes half the fun in reading a story is finding all the little bits that dot the story landscape like bread crumbs.

Edit: This thread is now about pony drinking games! Bottoms up!

...Unrelated, but I have a bad feeling that this effort is going to crash and burn.

I haven't nailed down as to why I have the feeling. I have the general notion, just not the specifics.
I'll get back to you on that once I do though.

Noble Thought
Group Admin

You're quite free to leave the group. No one is keeping you here.

Elric of Melnipony
Group Contributor

Oh, noes. The ship is sinking.:ajbemused:
Scurry away while you can...

If anybody needs me, I'll be relaxing on the foredeck with a drink or three.

3312380 .. This is what I get for not making it clear that I only had a feeling, not a certainty over the matter. My apologizes for not making that clear.

Though it is just probably only that. Probably just my paranoia over this.
Ergo, time will tell.

By the way, nice reception.

3312380 I'll be making mutiny against the crew. Long live rodents and large lizards!!!!!! Hoist the Jolly Roger! Make the ponies walk the plank. We're moving at thirty knots! Yo-ho-ho!

Noble Thought
Group Admin

I have a fondness for Irish Coffee that I may join you in indulging. Ahh... Tang, bite and bitter. Good coffee.

Elric of Melnipony
Group Contributor

By the way, nice reception.

You came out of nowhere with a comment that essentially said, "Hey, guys? I think this group is doomed." What did you expect?

You should reconsider, 'cause the ponies are the ones making the drinks and the food.

Might be time to retitle this derailed thread to something related to drinkin'... :twilightsmile:

Noble Thought
Group Admin

And I apologize for my lack of tact. I could have worded that better, I admit. But words left the mouth can't be pulled back, nor can replies on the internet, once read, be unread.

Noble Thought
Group Admin

Done! This thread is now about Equestrian Drinking Games.

3312414 There's always salt water. I'm a Draconequus or dragon (I'm actually only a dragon) depending what mood I'm in... So I get chocolate milk. Or salt water.

Elric of Melnipony
Group Contributor

I bet we could put together a decent one for watching episodes of MLP...

When a character says anypony/everypony/somepony/nopony: take a sip.
When Twilight Sparkle gets angry frustrated enough to yell: two sips.

Noble Thought
Group Admin

Marathon!

... and four hours later, a trip to the ER for acute alcohol poisoning.

Noble Thought
Group Admin

Pin the Tail on the Pony: Sops Rules.

If you hit the pin right on, take three swigs of Appleoosan Whiskey.
Miss, but still hit the pony, drink a tankard of Sweet Apple Acres hard cider.
Miss entirely, and take a swig of Manehattan Apple Brandy, the cheap stuff.

Hit another pony and they get a tankard of hard cider.

3312414 Hmm... Good point. My bad on that. :facehoof:

3312420 Meh. It happens. Like I said, it is merely like some bad omen is on the horizon.
You know, deja vu type of deal. I suppose it comes from having gone into a group of similar tidings in a different fandom. Long story short, the group ended up becoming boned due to a clash of lore from between fanon and canon alike.

So yes, I did jump the gun in seeing bad tidings. There hasn't been much to indicate that of anything that of yet, so my apologizes. Time will tell if I am proven wrong.

In the mean time, perhaps it would be best to get things back on track.
... And uh... I got nothing. :twilightsheepish:

Edit: Apparently the thread is now about drinking games???

Elric of Melnipony
Group Contributor

That's why I left out the rule for taking a sip whenever a character says the word "apple". :raritywink:

Noble Thought
Group Admin

Oh Luna, we'd be dead. Within minutes. First episode... how many times do they say "Apple" Within the first 10 minutes?

Noble Thought
Group Admin

Drinking games. Yis. Because hard apple cider is awesome! :rainbowwild:

Elric of Melnipony
Group Contributor

The introduction of the extended Apple family alone would make it all illegal for us to drive home, at a minimum. :rainbowlaugh:

3312442 I'm underage. Then again... Who bosses a dragon around? Hopefully my conscience. Yeah... I'll go eat a knight instead. Does anybody mind if Rumble vanishes from the show ?

Noble Thought
Group Admin

I kinda would... I'm following an adventure of his in Minds Eye's story. I like Rumble. He's a cute colt.

3312491 Suit yourself. Is Diamond Tiara edible?

Noble Thought
Group Admin

Indigestion. Is bad... Might wanna refrain from eatin' ponies.

3312501 Hm. Are griffons edible then? Gilda looked tasty... Otherwise, I'll go eat Bilbo Baggins.

Noble Thought
Group Admin

Bilbo's probably your best bet, honestly. I like Gilda. She's spunky when she's not being a crass jerk.

arcum42
Group Contributor

You could always eat the colt on the far left in this picture. I don't think anyone'd mind.

--arcum42

Elric of Melnipony
Group Contributor

He doesn't even have a name, I don't think he has any fan art, he probably doesn't have any female fans squee-ing over him... I'd say he's fair game. On the menu he goes!

In the spirit of the new theme of the thread, what wine goes with magical marshmallow pony? :rainbowhuh:

arcum42
Group Contributor

There are several possibilities in that picture, really. Just don't eat Twilight, the filly with the braid, or Berry Pinch.

Wouldn't the traditional whine be "But I don't want to be eaten."?

--arcum42

Minds Eye
Group Admin

You leave Rumble alone!:flutterrage:

Seriously, he's a colt flying with Rainbow Dash and other adult pegasi in order to lift rainwater for all of Equestria! How is he not awesome?

Minds Eye
Group Admin

Oh, crap, drinking.

Um...

How about a shot every time Discord snaps his fingers?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 31