Sunset Shimmer is Best Pony 721 members · 641 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

You know, when It comes to Equestria Girls...

Such as:

And how the Hell has she survived between her ditching her studies to now? Well, the one-shot idea I was toying with, called "My Name Is Sunset Shimmer," and yes that's a reference to "My Name Is Harrison Wells," that explores what exactly happened in between these two pictures:

Because if you ask me, I'd say the Sunset Shimmers in these pictures are two completely different people. You know, like Earth 1 Harrison Wells before and after Eobard Thawne showed up. Not that Sunset actually killed her human doppleganger, but she's dead either way, and after Sunset stashes her doppleganger's body, she takes her place. Then, she comes back and gives her a proper burial in the woods.

Thoughts?

My theory.

The Sunset Shimmer we see here, actually is the Sunset Shimmer of what I call the EQGverse. She fell through the portal to the Ponyverse at a very young age and was found by Princess Celestia herself and was raised by her as her own daughter. But when Celestia was holding back Sunset's studies, for the sake of wanting to keep her own daughter safe, that's when she trotted down her darker path learning about a lot of things, including the elements of harmony and what can happen to them in another world, and knowing about the mirror, made a dash back to her own world plotting to take over the Ponyverse once she knew she was ready. And then you know the rest of the story that led up to her defeat.

But that still leaves two big blind spots. Who is the mother of Sunset Shimmer, both of the EQGverse and Ponyverse? And where is the Ponyverse Sunset Shimmer is this is the case?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2