Lord Tirek 301 members · 206 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

AKA: Calming the Storm Before it Starts

As we're aware, April marks the beginning of Season 5, starting on April 4th

However, it also marks the latest Arc in the IDW comic series.

"Fiendship is Magic" will consist of five parts, focusing on the show's "five main antagonists": Sombra, Tirek, the Sirens, Nightmare Moon, and Chrysalis.

the first part- about Sombra- will be available on April 8th, while the last - Chrysalis- will be on April 29th.

From the interviews I've seen, the comics will show:

Sombra- HISTORY LESSON

Tirek- More Centaurs, Scorpan

Sirens- transparent Greek/Roman- style togas

Nightmare Moon- Not Revealed

Chrysalis- Not revealed

Now, not surprisingly, i'm cautious about this... mostly because the site will explode with blogs and forum posts about them when it happens, along with arguments.

Considering the comics are considered SUBJECTIVE canon (aka, you choose what's canon and what isn't when it comes to them), I don't see the supposed "origins" as a huge deal. If you choose to believe they're canon, fine, if not, that's okay.

the fact is, this may help a lot of people on the site, but at the same time, due to what I said previously, and I can't stress this enough, YOUR HEADCANON WILL NOT BE RUINED BY THIS. (i'm not yelling, i'm emphasizing that part).

So, given this, what are your thoughts on how these new comics will affect all of us?

4169115 I think a lot of us will be happy for a potential back story, especially for ol' Sombrero. Though now I want to write down my headcanon even more. I know I can reject the comics (already reject the comic books normally), but I want an excuse to write it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2