Twilight's Kingdom 886 members · 903 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

Just recently I had a really good idea, or what I believe to be a really good idea. Basically I saw the title of a fanfic in passing and it made me think about wanting to make a time travel fic, more specifically one centered around Spike and/or Twilight and this is what I ended up with.

Twilight Sparkle, this is after season 4 mind you, is messing around with a few of Starswirl the Bearded's other spells and botches a spell which sends her 10 years into the future. At first she doesn't know it because everything in Ponyville looks the same, but once she reaches her castle the reality of the situation hits her.

Spike has been tending to the library/castle for the past 10 years ever since Twilight disappeared, and he's grown more than a little. He's about half a head taller than most ponies and is twice as long. Upon seeing Twilight he has a bit of a breakdown due to the fact that she had been missing for 10 years.

Later Twilight has a meeting with Princess Luna and Princess Celestia and they decide that they cannot send her home to ten years in the past because it would create a paradox. Now Twilight is forced to live in the future having missed 10 years of progress in spite of it having only been a day for her.

Rainbow Dash has become the Captain of the Wonderbolts or the Royal Guard and is (possibly) married. Scootaloo remains almost flightless, but has gone on to become a dare devil of sorts, often performing shows across Equestria for ponies entertainment.

Applejack still tends to the farm, but has been wed and is (possibly) expecting. Apple Bloom helps out at the farm but is also a sort of carpenter/mechanic who helps fix things for ponies and has used her inventions to help maximize the production of the farm.

Pinkie Pie has gotten her own house and is (possibly) married and since Pumpkin and Pound are grown up (possibly) expecting, she also still works at Sugarcube corner but is also now the official party planner for Ponyville (She's paid to make parties). Pumpkin (possibly) has gotten a scholarship to Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns and Pound goes to flight camp.

Rarity still operates her business out of the Carousel Boutique in Ponyville, but has become a much more popular fashion designer, often making clothes for famous ponies and nobles alike. Sweetie Belle has gone on to become a very popular singer who has topped the charts and has even done duets with Sapphire Shores.

Fluttershy still takes care of her animal friends, but she has also taken up modeling again, often times appearing on the cover of several popular magazines and even in a few interviews. Angel has settled down and started a family, and Discord often times uses his powers to entertain foals, and as such has become popular among the younger ponies, and even some of the parents.

Changelings have made a treaty with Equestria and now live freely within the cities, but for the most part have migrated to the Crystal Empire due to the Crystal Heart. This had caused a large and rapid growth in the Crystal Empire which has made it about four times the size it used to be, and is now a very popular place for many inter species visitors to go.

Diamond Tiara has gone on to either open up her own jewelry shop, or has helped to run the family business. Cheerilee is still teaching foals, but Ruby Pinch has become her assistant teacher, and Dinky Doo has gone on to become a postal mare like her mother. Pipsqueak has become a member/captain of Princess Luna's Night Guards and Featherweight has become a well renown photographer for one of the biggest printing companies in Equestria.

These are all just some of the ideas I had for this universe, what do you guys think? Do you have any suggestions or ideas of your own?

Well the details about everyone else are somewhat interesting but what is the story for Twilight in this? Is she trying to get back despite the princesses' choice? Her dealing with guilt over disappearing for so long even though it seems Equestria hasn't managed to sink into a cesspit without its heroine around?

Also, not to be too discouraging, but I think there are actually a few fics with the general premise of Twilight screws with time travel and winds up stuck in the future though they tend to lean more towards a bad end future if you get me.

3927488 i think it all sounds very good except for Fluttershy getting into modeling or Discord becoming good friends with foals, that just seems a little out of character for them :twilightsheepish:

3928539 Well things change in 10 years. And I don't see how Discord would be ooc by getting into the good graces of foals. It allows him to use his powers as well as help out/become more popular.

Comment posted by Reganthestrange deleted Dec 31st, 2014

3928755 that just doesn't seem like Discord to me :unsuresweetie:

3930969 To be honest I can't really see Discord any other way. As Fluttershy once said "He can be a real sweetheart once you get to know him."

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7