Twilight's Kingdom 886 members · 903 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18

I'm a normal idea slacker. Helllllllllpppppp!

Twilight-the-Pony
Group Admin

Well... you can always write stories.

Good stories.
This site is in deficit of those...

~Twi

DH7

Read. Listen to music. Day-dream.

Ideas for fics don't usually come to me, just because I decided to write a fic. I'm inspired by emotions, by other works, by conversations, and so-on. The idea is the easy part. Anyone can have an idea. It's what you do with that idea, that's really important.

My main project is a 54-k TwiLuna adventure fic that I started writing, simply because I was jonesing for more epic TwiLuna fics like, Apotheosis and Within and Without. I wasn't seeing enough of it and so I was compelled to give a crack at it, myself.

I find myself suppressing ideas, more than anything else. I have enough on my plate as it is, and nothing finished. Every time I get into a 'shipping' discussion . . . particularly with people that say that a certain pairing can't be done well, I get the urge to prove them wrong.

What kind of stories are you into? What kind of stories do you want to write? Understanding yourself is the first step towards finding out what it is that you want to write . . . you are your own first audience.

Are you you into adventure? romance? Is there a specific pairing that you are partial to, or something you would like seen done in a story? Once you have that figured out, read a much stuff along those lines as you possibly can. There's really nothing truly original in fiction, but doing this will help prevent you from 're-inventing the wheel', or make it easier to have a fresh take on an old idea.

Sky Dance
Group Contributor

3297844 You write the longest comments I swear, it's between you and Noble Thought :rainbowlaugh:

DH7

Unfortunately, I have a bad habit of losing track of time when I post. I'm not sure that want to tell my boss the real reason that I'm late for work all the time.

It also took me a few months to realize that my anime fic hadn't been updated in a while. I seem to spend more time talking about writing, than actually writing. I wish that my 'teal deer'-inducing habits translated towards my fic-writing ethic. 1k is a very good day for me in fic writing, but I can write about five times as much, just chatting in the forums.

It's really just another form of procrastination. I need to get off the forums and actually do something. I got shit to do today!

Sky Dance
Group Contributor

3298222 Dun worry bro, at least you don't do stupid shit on here like me lol.

DH7

I don't suppose that I know you quite well enough, or have known you long enough, to have witnessed that.

Give it time, you'll see a drunk-post from me, eventually. I'm constantly waking up to find crap that I don't remember saying.

I think the last time I did this, I PMed an older guy, and apologized for accusing him of side-stepping in a debate six months ago. I then turned around and PMed an inactive user with, "I miss you, bitch." Luckily, she has a sense of humor.

Sky Dance
Group Contributor

3298256 Oh my god, I could just imagine you saying that with your Snake profile picture

"Colonel, I just called this user a bitch!"

"Snake just get back to the damn mission, and stop wanking in your box."

"on it"

DH7

I think I want to 'squee' like a little girl every time someone even recognizes the old man.

I thought an MLP-related avatar would be a little redundant here, but it's Luna over at fanfiction.net/Writer's Anonymous. I'm occasionally mistaken for a woman because of that.

Sky Dance
Group Contributor

3298277 Look at my profile pic lol, it looks so dumb

I like getting pics that make the characters look royally annoyed or bored to hell. It's funnier that way :rainbowkiss:

DH7

I have this odd habit of imagining a person as their avatar. Noble Thought's, for instance, makes said person look like a scholar.

Sky Dance
Group Contributor

3298293 And I look smart, but I'm really a huge dumbass :rainbowlaugh:

I have this odd habit of imagining a person as their avatar.

Oh, my. What impression do I give off then?

DH7

I think that goes for a lot of us.

Text is easier for me to deal with. I sound like a total fucking retard in real life.

Oh, my. What impression do I give off then?

Using a mature Spike makes you appear a little older than what we would expect over the common teenager, but it doesn't make you appear so mature that you're unapproachable.

Really though, we're talking about superficial, initial reactions. What I'm really going to remember you for, is the fact that you took a crack at the opening lines of my fic, and told me what you really thought.

3297844 I really can't write at all. I have no experience in the writing field.

Twilight-the-Pony
Group Admin

Does that mean that I sound / look like I'm pissed off most of the time?

... That might not be far away from the truth, actually. :rainbowlaugh:
~Twi

DH7

And?

Everyone has to start somewhere.

DH7

Yes.

You critique stories over at Twilight's Library. The avatar conveys your scrutiny, or at least the appearance of scrutinizing.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18