Twilight's Kingdom 886 members · 903 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

So, Twilight is now not only a princess owning her own actual castle but also now has a round council chamber? I've over the years compared Twilight's progress to that of the typical hero but this completes one of the most obvious comparisons possible.

Anyone else reminded of a story of a young person who had some interesting characteristics who was taken in by one of the most powerful magic users in the land and taught? A boy who was doom driven from birth to rise so to speak if you will? Who then found a legendary relic of the ancient world and used its power to defeat evil? They eventually made themselves king and established a kingdom and a set of knights who always sat around a table designed to give the image of equality? Fascinating the kind of parallels one can see between her and King Arthur isn't it?

To be sure there are always going to be differences, such is the work of myth/legend/rising fiction, but it is awesome to see the things that are similar. I'm sure the connections are only going to hold to the most popularized version of Arthur rather than perhaps to the original Welsh (Or was that also another variation? Hm...)source but all the same it does come to mind to point this out.

Weeping Angel
Group Admin

That's actually a great thought.
Maybe they did that on purpose. :trixieshiftright:

Broken
Group Contributor

My whole fanfic is based on the concept that Twilight is a retake of Arthur from The Round Table.
Hope to see Twilght getting a sword from the stone soon, or meeting a pony sized Breezie sleeping in a lake. :rainbowlaugh:

Oh to be sure they are purposefully following the hero's journey (as in the generic hero rather than specifically Arthur's in this case) with Twilight. They telegraphed that at the moment her name is heard given after they establish Celestia and Luna being the princesses of day and night in a story book.

Oh ho, I think I must read this story then. It is always interesting to see someone do such a thing.

Broken
Group Contributor

Just a warning that its still a little far from looking anything like the arthurian legend, but I will get into it later. :twilightsmile:

Sky Dance
Group Contributor

3271820 conspiracy!

Indeed. Shenanigans as well.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7