Comments ( 77 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 77
Changeling-Drone
Group Admin

Just a forum to put your fan art of the story

PG-13 or less

Kingofsouls
Group Contributor

I've got some sketches of ShadowFox Construction, but they contain spoilers....

Good idea though.

tdnpony
Group Admin

I can't draw to save my life, so sorry, no help here

3313364 3315598 3400688

Some lineart of May and Blaziken! Ta-dah!
(trigger warning: how I draw fingers could kill by sheer suck-iness)

tdnpony
Group Admin

Its actually very good. If anything, rather than hands, my only rel complaint is the line on May's face that looks less like fur, and more like after surgery stitches. That and how sad she looks, though considering the situation, I can let it slide.

tdnpony
Group Admin

Also, I like how you modified the fur on her head to look like a furry version of her hair-style. You should totally do the other characters too.

I like how you modified the fur on her head to look like a furry version of her hair-style.

Ooooh, someone noticed! :pinkiehappy:
Thanks for the compliment! I made both this drawing and the Gene/Belle one (that will be redone as soon as Zeus give them some distinctive traits) exactly in the spirit to draw the others too. As soon as I finish my Finals more will be done.

Kingofsouls
Group Contributor

Neat. Very neat

zeusdemigod131
Group Admin

Thanks to xBUBBA1995x for this.:pinkiehappy:

Ooooh... new banner... cooooool!

tdnpony
Group Admin

So...who are you gonna do next?

As soon as I have some time, I was thinking to do Solana and Lunick, but I'm not sure how keep the similarities between the pokemon and human forms. I thought to keep trying model the hairs and so on, like I did with May, but after a while it will get redundant...

Comment posted by tdnpony deleted Jul 16th, 2014
tdnpony
Group Admin

Well, aside from hair, the only thing I can think of would be certain articles of clothing, and or certain marks, or features that distinguished the person. The only thing I can think to add for Solana and Lunick would be bits of their old Ranger outfits

A little sneak-peek to something about my incoming fic... As it doesn't spoiler nothing major, do not fear and enjoy!

tdnpony
Group Admin

So...what am I looking at? All I see is some trainer (and likely soon to be Pokemon) with his Bronzong and Gastly, looking like he's being forced to go somewhere with an even more forced smile

Well, 'soon' not so much... And if the smile seems "forced" then I did something wrong, it was supposed to look more on the nervous side of things.
About everything else, you'll just have to wait for the fic. I have less than a week of study left before I can go back to writing full-throttle!

Lunick just tried to "spin" for the first time.
The results were less than stellar.

This drawing is pretty horrible... I need to work a lot more on the composition of the image and the inking. But I still needed to get something done, so here it is. Lunick still has both his headband and gloves, even if those have been ruined when his hands transformed. By the way, Hitmontop official art has perfectly spheric hands, but I couldn't bring myself to keep them, seriously, how is people supposed to grab stuff with those?

Solana the Medicham has her old ranger uniform shirt, not the jacket. Yes, I drawn her with a breast. Medichams are a lot human-like, so it made sense.

Little poll, who should I do (or re-do, if you wish) next?

Kingofsouls
Group Contributor

I must agree. Lunick' s legs are too long. Makes him look...weird.

Mmh... I took the idea from some Hitmontop drawings I found on Tumblr, but I couldn't manage to make it work as well as the artist did. Thank you for your opinion, I will work to get it right.
Beyond that, any character you would like to see? The sidestories count too.

Kingofsouls
Group Contributor

3486082 not at the moment.

Comment posted by tdnpony deleted Aug 6th, 2014

3401359 - Aww, I need to hug May now.

tdnpony
Group Admin

Here is one scene you should DEFINITELY draw. The final scene of "Do You Hear the Bass?" by Smashing Skunk. Here is the link: http://www.fimfiction.net/story/200145/do-you-hear-the-bass

Yep, I've read it, and it was awesome. I just sent the first chapters of my story to editing, so in these next days I'll be able to work on art, I already PMed Smashing Skunk to know about the character designs of Nick and gang, expect stuff in these next days. Just to know... what scene are you talkin about, in particular?

Meh, not everyone can be happy about the whole "torn away from home and turned in a complete different species" thing. In my opinion, May, Misty and Korrina are even taking it fairly well.

tdnpony
Group Admin

Nick and Elena holding paws and gazing at each other in the moonlight

3513777 - It's not my pic, but I found it and thought it fit.

tdnpony
Group Admin

....Hell no!

tdnpony
Group Admin

Nice effort though. It just doesn't capture the right feelings. Not to mention, I think Elena would more likely be doing the saving

tdnpony
Group Admin

So...how is the picture coming along?

Smashing Skunk53
Group Contributor

Yep, found a bunch of those while I was procrastinating writing. That's why I commissioned Jayesixx, got inspired, but they just didn't fit.

Belately. I have been rather busy lately, I'm also in a foreign country right now (I'll stay here for at least 10 days or so) and that means less time to draw. Not to mention Zoroark are frigging HARD to draw. I had thought I was done with having problems with foxes after practicing Delphox, but there are tons of other problems with the Illusion fox.

Before starting with that draw I'll also want to send the character studies to Smashing to see if I got them right, he had rather precise ideas about them.

You'll have to wait for a while... sorry :applecry:

tdnpony
Group Admin

No problem. I was just wondering

can anyone suggest a decent artist who does commissions for free? I need some cover art baaaaaaaaaaaaad. I'd do it myself, but... there's a reason I want a decent artist. :fluttershyouch:

Annnnnnd I'm back. So, the oh-so-famous drawing for NIck and Elena is almost done, I just finished the lineart and I will start putting the "blacks" and shading these next few days, but first I want to get some more practice (nighttime scenes are tricky when it comes to shadows and sources of light). In the meantime, have the lineart!

Before doing this, I also drew a Load (with capital L) of sketches to get the characters and anatomies right, but most of them were horrible. Have some of them!
First, have the pencil sketch of the draw (honestly it's way better than the lineart) HERE.

Then, some preparatory, bad drawings of Nick and Elena, HERE (Elena's legs are waaay too short) and HERE (half-assed Nick, Elena does look cool thought).

Annnd that's all.

tdnpony
Group Admin

Well...its quite good actually. My only real complaint is Nick's fur, particularly his upper body fur...but we all know that Zoroarks aren't exactly easy to draw, so...great.

No, that's SmashingKunk doing. When I asked he told me that Nick's upper fur, rather than going straight over his shoulder like normal is curled all over his chest. Maybe is a bit thin, though...

I'm still in time to correct it in the final shading, oh well.

Comment posted by tdnpony deleted Sep 5th, 2014
tdnpony
Group Admin

That makes sense. We HAVE been trying to give all the transformed humans something to distinguish them from normal Pokemon, be it pieces of their old outfits, or hairstyles, or accessories, etc

Kingofsouls
Group Contributor

Well X's disingishing Human feature would be his emerald eyes. Speaking of.

tdnpony
Group Admin

Though you're right. It DOES look a bit thin. Also, I thought Smashing once said to me that Nick sometimes wears a metal bracelet he got as a gift back on Earth

zeusdemigod131
Group Admin

3610287 That may have been in the chat.

tdnpony
Group Admin

Yes. Yes it was

Bunch of quick sketches made for boredom and a bit of practice.

1) Frilly Face the Heliolisk. Too bad she hates being called Frilly Face, right Frilly Face? Yep, she really hates it. (Inti - A New World, A New Way-Swarm)
2) Tenebrae the Umbreon before he was an Umbreon. He doesn't look very good because... go read it! (Tenebrae - Like Night and Day)
3) River the Dragonair. I find that her "ears" resemble a lot those feather thingy Card Captor Sakura had on her scepter. Ah, so nostalgic... (River - A New World, a New Way)
4) Wanted to draw a foal with his/her Pokémon, and in the end I chose Silver Spoon and her Klefki.Try guess the game I am playing right now? (Silver Spoon and Klefki - A New World, a New Way)
5) First I draw Juniper, spending some time deciding if to make her wear a literal lab coat or just modify the coat all Beheemien seems to wear as part of their body to resemble her old coat. In the end I decided for the second. About Spike, I thought that if people that eats lots of a certain food end up smelling like that food, then he must smell a lot like gems. And who likes gems? The Sableye munching his tail does. Poor Spike... (Prof. Juniper and Spike - A New World, a New Way)

zeusdemigod131
Group Admin

3625423 Love it... but Tenebre is male

:facehoof: And I am even supposed to draw the coverart...

:ajsleepy: -sigh- Berry will have my hide when he/she finds out. Thanks all the same.

Kingofsouls
Group Contributor

Inti looks boss. Her body language defenetly screams Inti. And I love Silver and Klefki.Looks like ole Klefki bit off more than it could chew

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 77