OCs 116 members · 289 stories
Comments ( 361 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 361

Hello everypony.
I had this idea of finding a Group of OC's who could take the Place of the mane 6 in a story based of an episode.
This is mainly just for fun.
Everypony is welcome to help out.

What I need is:
Name:
Element:
Type:
Color:
Personality/ small backstory:
Cutiemark:
Strength:
Weakness:

No alicorns allowed.

Here is mine:
Name: Blunt Edge.
Element: Loyalty.
Type: Earth pony.
Color: Dark Brown fur. White mane and tail with a single black stripe. Yellow eyes.
Personality/ small backstory: Strong, silent. Grumpy for the most part, but with a heart of gold and the soul of a noble warrior.
He was a gladiator who fought in an underground arena for years Before he left and came to Ponyville in search of a new purpose in Life.
Now, Ponyville is his home and he cares for everypony, even if he might be a bit rough around the edges.
Cutiemark: A sword.
Strength: His physical strength and his fierce loyalty to his friends.
Weakness: His bad temper.

Hope you guys feel like contributing.

Have fun.

Name: Blazing Phoenix
Element: Magic
Type: Unicorn
Color: yellow fur, brown mane and tail, with blue streaks. Red eyes, but they're orange-red.
Personality: Very studious, very creative, has the stubbornness of a bull, but she has your best intentions in heart.
Backstory: Phoenix was always very reclusive, and was outcast by her family. She was a professional animator, and was highly praised for her work. She still is an animator, but she learned how to lay back and not let her ambition control her life.
Strength: her inner creativity and her smarts.
Weakness: Society.

4258924 Here's mine you can use

Name: Joyful Choice
Element: Generosity
Type: Pegasus
Color: Ruby colored fur, short white mane and tail, has snake bite piercings on her lip, has multicolored eyes with the right one being purple and the left one being golden.
Personality: Very eccentric, hyper, unpredictable, and sometimes perverted. Enjoys dancing, drawing, eating sweets, flying recklessly, and playing with the flanks of attractive mares.

Backstory: She was considered a basket case in her family, often laughing at inappropriate times, and was constantly abused by her mother. Eventually she managed to escape them and found a place to stay in Ponyville. One day, a rather noble and sophisticated stallion discovered Choice and decided to bring her in. The guy was a glass artist and taught her in the way of the fine arts. He then began teaching Choice about compassion and that it's ok to feel different, and raised her like a daughter. After he died, he decided to leave all of his work to Choice. She was devastated and felt like she had some pony who actually loved her. She then dedicated her life to continue his fine glass art, sell it to everyone, and maybe once again find true love.

Cutiemark: A neon glass heart
Strength: Her unpredictability, her giving nature, agility and speed, glass art making, her up-beat spirit and "I don't hate anyone" attitude.
Weakness: Easily attracted to cute things, likes fondling mares flanks, giggling at inappropriate times, short attention span, possible insanity from all the abuse from her family.

Both interesting ponies. I bet they would be very amusing to wite about.
Joyful seems like she could easily be a substitute for Pinkie Pie and Blazing seems like a nice alternate Twilight.
Good job both of you, Have a follow as thanks.

4260083 cutiemark: a paintbrush and a book on fire.

Name: Vanilla Icing
Element: Laughter!!! :3
Type: Earth Pony
Color:
-Hair: Pale yellow with small streaks of white through. Body: Pale orange.
Personality/ small backstory: She's quite considerate and kind at most times, and will pitch in to help almost anyone, but can get a bit annoyed when people don't respect her privacy. She does love to make people and feels really awkward and upset when people don't laugh or even smile at any of her jokes or acts. Oh, and just because it's vital, she loves to bake and actually runs her own store. Because she has no-one to help, she has led to doing everything herself and can be very stubborn at times. As for her family, they we're just as normal as any family, a mom, dad and two sisters. She left them to go to Ponyville about a year ago. However, currently her dad is dying slowly from cancer.
Cutiemark: A bowl of yellow icing with a whisk and a few sparkles :3
Strength: Can do many amounts of tasks without getting tired. She gained this slowly from many days staying up late to finish big orders. Now she barely feels any tiredness. Also, her ability to cheer people up with a smile.
Weakness: Despite this however she isn't fast, nor very strong or clever. She never did very well at school and she hated gym. All she really payed attention to was Home Economics. So hard tasks are not really the best. She believes she'd never be very good at saving the world or anything XD

Relationships: Has or will have possible slight feelings towards Joyful, but never really notice them for a while, as she believes she is straight.

Hopefully this is okay :3

Ok, this makes four different ones.
Good job everypony who contributed so far.

More OC ideas, please.:raritystarry:

T-T We need moreeeeeeeee

If you want, I can make the Element of Kindess so we can just be waiting for the Element of Honesty
I guess that really doesn't seem fair though-

4273973 There are no limits to how many different OC's you can make. I like having options.
Go for it or any element you like, that goes for everypony involved here
Have fun.:twilightsmile:

In that case, I actually have ideas for an Element of Honesty, coming right up!

Name: Apple satin

Element: Honesty

Type: Unicorn

Color: Mane and tail are just hot pink and her body colour is a light orange. Her eyes are a serene blue. Based off her parents, she wears a red cowboy hat decorated with sparkling blue diamonds.

Personality/ small backstory: (If it's possible, I was hoping she could be the child of Rarity and Applejack). Apple satin is the same as many ponies, kind, sometimes caring, but most importantly, she's honest. She always likes to let people know what's on her mind and only sometimes does she bend the truth a little. More vital information, she's quite good at sewing and decorating, and has a delicate mind, but is also good at bucking appletrees. She fears her parents are not getting along because both of them want her to live up to their dreams, whereas she thinks she could find use of both of them.

Cutiemark: Her cutie mark is a mix of her parents, one red apple and one blue diamond with a few sparkles around. It represents that she holds a mix of both her parents strengths and dreams

Strength: Power in her back legs, giving her the strength to jump far and get head starts in running. She also has a good eye for many things most others cannot see, like small things or hiding things.

Weakness: Lacks belief in herself that she can do certain things. Even if she had the ability to jump a huge cliff, she wouldn't go for it in fear of failure. She doesn't accept many offers in fear of letting people down. She doesn't like to push herself.

4277025 She seems good to me. She actually could work as a replacement for both Rarity and Applejack or even Fluttershy (you know, because of the self esteem thing)

Good work, keep it up.:twilightsmile:

I have a hard time believeing that I'm suddenly creating really good OC's XD I used to be terrible at it!

4277046 Well, in this particular setting, your OC's could work out quite well with the others. I admit that it might be hard to create a good OC, but that's the fun of it. My first OC is a black alicorn with red Eyes (yeah, how original) but i decided on those colors because I like them and the fact he is an alicorn is for the sake of the story. If you like your OC, then it's all good. There will Always be haters.
I like your OC's, they kind of fit in with the other OC we have so far. But that's just my opinion and I'm sticking to it.
:eeyup:

I love these two! :3
Well, I had this OC for one of my favourite animes, Shugo Chara. Her name was Amy and she was related to the main character. Anyhoo, people kept calling her a Mary Sue because she had seven chara's (little floating people that represent your dreams) and they kept telling me that I can't have more chara's then the main character and I understood why, but I didn't want to remove any of her chara's nor did I want to get rid of her so I just left her. I really wish more people could've like her though...
Yeah it was annoying, but as I said, I knew why people didn't like her. I'm never making a mistake like that again-

4277085 You live and learn. :eeyup:

Come on people, I want more OC's!!:pinkiehappy: Just for fun though, lets add a relationship part to the descriptions, I mean a friend relationship, love, hate, whatever you feel like with the OC's already presented here on this thread or my blog post.
Have fun guys.
:twilightsmile:

4281182 Well, seeing how the only element you need left is Kindness, I suppose I can give you another that you can use in the story :twilightsmile:

Name: Silent Night

Element: Kindness
Type: Pegasus
Color: Dark blue fur coat, with a long light green mane and tail, has sapphire colored eyes, and wears a white sailor cap.

Personality: Often quiet, stoic, and doesn't talk to a lot of ponies, but is nowhere near cold-hearted. She's very intelligent and always tries to think up of a plan that could help her or her friends to get out of any situation. Even though she doesn't talk a lot, she often gives out "words of wisdom" that could always help her friends understand something. She's also into reading scary books and wishes to become a horror story writer some day.

Back story: Not much is known about Silent's past, all that is known is that she grew up on the wrong side of Manehattan. Constantly getting mugged and picked on, she despised the city, no matter how many times she tries to ignore the problems or tries to be nice to others. Her only joy in life was reading her scary books, since she felt that those books felt the most realistic to her. When she was old enough, she moved out of the city and moved to Ponyville. There, she met new ponies (the new elements in your story, if you want) and discovered her first taste of real friendship. She still reads her scary books from time to time, but spends most of her days hanging out with her friends.

Strengths: Intelligence, can think up of different solutions to problems, always willing to help, reading skills, can fly really fast with her wings.

Weakness: Keeps quiet, doesn't talk to a lot of ponies outside of her friends, can become paranoid and come up with creepy theories, also can't fly that high in the air.

Edit: Her mark is a book with a ghost on it, indicating that she loves scary stories

4281398 Thanks mate, just what I was looking for.

That being said, pretty much all of the OC's I have seen so far has some sort of tragic past. I don't mind it, but it is kind of boring if all of them does.
Also, of all the OC's so far, only mine is a stallion while the others are mares. Again, I don't mind, but it's good with a Little variation.

Furthermore, just for fun, let's add some relation story as I asked for above.

Have fun guys.
And thanks to everypony who has contributed so far.

and InfinityPrincess. :raritystarry:

4284381 Well if you don't like Silent's back story, you can always change it, I don't mind. Just keep her appearance and love of scary books the same. Also, if your OC is the only guy character, then he's got one hell of a harem in stored. :rainbowlaugh: but seriously, I can either think up of a new one or you can just change it

4284410 Don't get me wrong, I don't mind her backstory, I actually love it and her. I just don't want all of them to be traumatised, half of them at most. I just want some variations from the regular all female mane 6 if you Catch my drift.

4284410 Don't change her, just give me MORE!!!!:pinkiecrazy:

4284422 I guess i can. But here's a suggestion. You could do something similar to what Higurashi did, have the main male protagonist move to a new town and befriend a group of girls. Only to find out that that specific group is all connected to some kind of darkness somehow. But that's just a suggestion, and to be fair I've only seen a few episodes of Higurashi

XD I have a guy OC idea..

4284439 The story I have in mind will be based of an episode, dunno which one yet, but with a few twists based on the OC's included. I enjoy harem anime, but I don't feel like Writing it myself......yet. Maybe in the future.

4284440 Let's hear it.

And please some relation stories this time, both of you and everypony else.
Looking forward to it. :twilightsmile:

4284446 More OC's, don't change Silent Nights backstory. Clear enough?

4284463 Ok then, Let me think for a moment

4284466 No rush my friend. I really like what you and the others have to contribute with.
Keep up the good work.:twilightsmile:

Welp I missed a fair amount XD
This story is going to be the. best. story. EVER! :raritystarry:

Name: Driven Spear
Element: Honesty
Type: Earth Pony
Colour: gray fur, short black spiky mane
Personality: Spear's more of a daredevil and very flirty, as well. His parents died when he was young and he always did well in school, because it was his only way out of poverty. He is brave determined and a charming fellow. He is a sword maker for the Royal Sisters
Cutie mark: sword with a purple heart on the staff.
Strength: he can manipulate anyone into doing what he wants
Weakness: his own arrogance

4285595 Well, cudos for the male OC. The only problem I have with him is his strength. If you consider his personality and background, it doesn't really seem like his greatest strength. That might just be me though.
Otherwise, good job.:eeyup:

4284915 We shall see. With all the OC's, there are a lot of possibilities for stories. But I want more, it's so much fun to see what you guys can Think up.:eeyup:

*puts on Applebloom accent* Ah was just wondering...maybe we could expand it a bit. Ah mean, you don't have to use 'em if you don't wanna, but maybe we could make OC's for the Cutie Mark Crusaders and Spike and all that. Just wondering if that's okay, is all.

4286676 Feel free to do so if you want. It's ok with me.

4287021 This is Always open for more OC's.
Good job on those two.:twilightsmile:

4288295 Go wild, Young fillie.:twilightsmile:

Name: Mary Poser (Means "Buttlerfly")
Role: Cutie Mark Crusader
Type: Pegasus. Though to be honest with herself, she'd rather be a unicorn to carry stuff with that levitation spell. Or at least and Earth Pony like her sister. She feels she has no need for wings. Except maybe getting places faster. Problem is, she can't fly.
Color: Light blue fur and a white wild mane. She's popular with many of the guys, but is hated by most of the girls for a) her lack of a cutie mark and b) because they're jealous.
Personality/ small backstory: She isn't a show off, it's that what you're thinking. Infact, she'd rather have girl friends because she's not at all interested in guys of any sort. She's actually the younger sister of Photo Finish, and while she tries to change her german accent, it sometimes doesn't always work and she always gets embarrassed when she lets it out. Currently, as Applebloom was, she's the only filly in her class without a Cutie Mark. She's got a huge supply of loyalty stored in her that she hasn't been able to let out because she doesn't have anyone who depends on her to help them. Another thing, she does like taking photos of ponies in nice outfits.
Cutiemark: I think we've etablished she doesn't have one, but because of her loyalty and her photo liking, I reckon a camera with a white star like a "snap", showing a picture next to it that represents true friendship and loyalty
Strength: Being able to accomplish any task given to her with the dedication to start and finish it. She'd never let anypony down. If it's hard, she's not afraid to ask someone to help, as long as it gets the job done. No matter how scary or tough, she's up for it!
Weakness: Falling into people's tricks, traps or anything other attempts. This is how she gets bullied; she always believes the girls really want her help, then gets made a laughing stock. Most of the boys do nothing.

4289954 Interesting litlle fillie this one I must say.
Well done. :twilightsmile:

4289954 Although I Believe PF has more of an german accent. :coolphoto:

I never really know accents but german it is then!
Thank you :)

4291213 No problem. I have Heard some accents in my time and PF has a german one. As I recall, she even has some german Words in her vocabulary.:coolphoto:

Ok XD Well thank you very much

4292770 You are welcome.:twilightsmile:

Blunt Edge:rainbowdetermined2:, Blazing Phoenix:twilightsheepish:, Joyful Choice:duck:, Apple Satin:ajsmug:, Silent Night :fluttershysad: and Vanilla Icing :pinkiegasp:.

I Think these ponies will make up the new mane 6.
Thank you all for contributing and please continue creating awsome OC's.:twilightsmile:

Just for fun though, I would like you guys to come up with ideas for their respective relationships to one Another, if you want of course.
It's not that I don't have my own ideas, I just enjoy what you guys have to say. That and your OC's are awsome.
:eeyup:

:pinkiehappy: x100

Relationships as in...?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 361