Over the Hill Authors 148 members · 416 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

This... this is just a thing of beauty.

I haven't been a Trekkie for a long time, but back when Star Trek: The Next Generation was airing, I was an avid fan, and I often fantasized about living on the Enterprise. The person running this project clearly shares that desire. He wants nothing less than a total recreation of the entire Enterprise-D interior, complete with 1,014 active crew members. I'd say he's off to a great start! This explorable recreation, made using Unreal Engine 4 and designed to be Oculus Rift compatible, looks totally gorgeous. I'm definitely going to be following progress on this.

The Enterprise-D Construction Project

As much as I loved the Galaxy-class design, the fact that they used the music from First Contact made me wish it was the Enterprise-E, :applejackunsure:

Still very cool though; I remember seeing something like this a few years back that didn't have nearly this level of detail; I wonder if it's the same guy?

DH7

Not enough of a nerd that I could name of the different ships are anything like that, but I grew up with TNG.

Being able to do a tour alone would be a child's dream, but put something like this in a game, and it could easily run away with 'Game of the Year' on the exploration factor alone.

SPark
Group Admin

I was just looking at that the other day. It is quite a thing!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4