Over the Hill Authors 148 members · 416 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
SPark
Group Admin

Hey fellow fogies! For the last few months I've been buried in a sea of work, getting ready to vend at two huge conventions in a row. Now that Bronycon is over (hello to everyone I got to meet there!) and I have a life again, I'd like to see if I can encourage this group to have some activity.

I'd love to have a writing contest of some kind, I'm still turning over ideas for a theme. "Old ponies" is the obvious one, but that doesn't feel like a great storytelling prompt, so I'm trying to come up with something more specific and interesting.

Any other suggestions for having an active and fun group are totally welcome too. :twilightsmile:

Changes and looking back on your life?

Things like the mane six finding themselves going different ways, or dropping out of adventuring or something.

I'm thinking of stories like Yours Truly or maybe The Keepers of Discord or something.

The only others things I'm coming up with are even more vague and esoteric than that.

Not sure how this would be tweaked into an actual prompt, but it would be interesting to see stories where the passage of a lot of time (years or more) is integral to the plot and to the way the characters develop. Forever Young is a good example of the sort of thing I mean.

SPark
Group Admin

That kind of thing sounds like a really great idea. I'm going to keep thinking it over, and more suggestions are welcome, but I think something about looking back after many years would make a good starting point for a fun contest.

DH7

Stories about Granny Smith.

Middle-aged characters in a romance story.

Stories about parenting, or raising a kid. (Kind of really like Shipping and Handiling. :derpytongue2:)

Twilight Sparkle has a mid-life crisis.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5