The League of Cuddles 422 members · 237 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

When it comes to human x pony cuddling, my favorite position is where the human lays on their back and the pony lays on top of them stomach-down, with their arms and forelegs, respectively, wrapped around each other.

And the above is how I had to explain it when I used it in one of my stories, because this cuddling position does not appear to have a name. I've seen it used in plenty of other awesome stories; those are where I picked up on it! But, in none of the stories was the position given a name.

A name would surely be useful! Anyone got ideas on what this position could be called?

Apparently it's the "honeymoon hug", according to this anyway (and the other lists I found agree).

That could work! Where I see problems with it, though, is that the term "honeymoon" implies romance, which cuddling isn't always intertwined with. I almost always stick to platonic cuddling. Also, should we distinguish between whether this position is done as is shown in the picture vs. how I described it?

I think the picture is done that way to more accurately show the positioning of limbs, and the orientation doesn't matter. As for the name, it's more about the total-body closeness (the article even mentions it's more about the super-happy, touchy, cuddly "honeymoon phase" of a relationship than a literal honeymoon).

Oh, okay. In regards to the orientation, yeah, that makes perfect sense. Thanks!

You're right; the term "honeymoon" can also refer to the honeymoon phase. But when this article talks about human x human cuddling, it always does so with the assumption that it's romantic. Platonic cuddling between humans is not acknowledged. Can the term "honeymoon phase" apply to platonic friendships as well?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5