The Twidash Army 569 members · 532 stories
Comments ( 81 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 81

Don't even know what ESO is. Sorry.:pinkiesad2:

I played City of Heroes/Villains, WoW for the free month, and Star Wars: The Old Republic. Not playing any at the moment.

LightningBass94
Group Admin

3264177 Oh, it stands for Elder Scrolls Online...which is amazing, btw! :rainbowwild:

I used to play WOW pretty hard, the SW:TOR, but there was no real life to those. Then I got into LOTRO on an RP server and learned some elvish, got into it, then fell out of it. It wasn't my story, as much as I wanted it to be. School also got in the way as well. I wrote a fan fiction about my origins as an elf with close ties to the humans, fell in love with an elf lord, endured travails and trials in Moria, and then he went quiet about the same time I did.

I haven't been back since. The story was never really mine, never had anything but a semi linear approach to it, and I was too shy at the time to try and break into some of the larger ongoing stories.

I also played The Secret World for a time as a half British, half Native American cultural educator. It's where I learned a lot about Navajo, Sioux Indian and other traditions.

I was made a co-leader in a small RP guild, but it was too small to live, and eventually died. I was the last one to close the doors. It was kinda sad.

So, that's my history in gaming pretty much. Also a brief look at my history in storytelling. My very first fan fiction was a short story set on Pern back in the 6th grade.

I actually bought this laptop I'm writing on just to play SW:TOR. I lost count of how many times I beat Knights of the Old Republic on X-box, so an MMO game based on that was just...yes.

I'm also one of those weirdos that would probably list "Jedi" as my religion if given the option. Then I rolled a Sith. Go figure.

I also played The Secret World for a time as a half British, half Native American cultural educator. It's where I learned a lot about Navajo, Sioux Indian and other traditions.

That sounds awesome. Was that game online? You could actually make a half/half character?

3264263 did you know that there is a religion called jediism based off of how jedi lived?

I did not. I heard there was a census in England in which thousands people called themselves Jedi.

I shall have to look into this...

It's actually completely open. There are no classes, no levels, and the questing is very, very story based. My favorites were the investigation quests. I learned some Egyptian heiroglyphics, latin, Hebrew and Morse code to solve them, put together clues and generally have to think and plan a lot. My favorite was a cryptology puzzle that went on for days of RL time to solve. 'Twas awesome.

Something else for me to look into. That's an interesting idea for a video game.

Adda le Blue
Group Admin

"OMFG, hu pulld aggro?!"

You poor soul. :rainbowlaugh:

Mine too! :pinkiehappy:

This is such a great group. A lot of fun ponies, a lot of great stories, a great little community.

LightningBass94
Group Admin

3264692 Thanks. 'Twas the plan. :pinkiehappy:

Also rare for a video game, it's set in modern times and spans the world. A little island town in America, a small part of Egypt, and a small part of Romania. (Small being relative terms)

3264692 As it was intended to be.

Hair gone! :raritycry: Such a lovely mane... all gone. :raritydespair:

Looks nice! :yay:

I think I have covered my bases for possible reactions.

3264963 What? My hair's been cut for months.

Haven't you seen my videos?

Um... :twilightblush: No... I barely touch Youtube anymore. Not since I came back to the site. It's too distracting.

I was referring to the change from one avatar to the next at any rate.

You have videos?

3264980 I just do bloggy guitar things. And yes, that makes good sense.

Actually, this is probably a more accurate response from me. Mind's Eye's one.

Edit: But also YouTube is way, way too distracting.

3264993 I get it now. :twilightsheepish: Just my amateur playing. :twilightsmile:

LightningBass94
Group Admin

3264993 It's an addiction. :fluttershysad:

On that note, here's a Youtube video!

Just saw this, and I had to share. Please don't kill me.

He's using the site to make us read stories!:flutterrage:

so are we going to set up this game or what?

Adda le Blue
Group Admin

I'm exploring ways to work around our schedules (read: my feathering opening shifts). I was hoping that we could all get together and pound out a game over the course of a few hours, but that doesn't seem plausible. I suppose we could take it slower like they do at Changeling Panic. In the meantime I'm playing through a few games to learn the ins and outs of it, in the hopes of becoming the best GM I can be! :twilightsmile: Anypony interested can join me there if you'd like a taste of what I hope to try here; we're in the middle of a game right now, but there's another lined up to be hosted immediately after this one ends. If you want to check it out, just read through their game guide and maybe join the next game when that one starts They're always eager to have more players, and I for one would love to see a few more friendly faces there.

3298592 cool I'll give that a look.:twilightsmile:

3298592 Okay I'm joining that next game, time to get some XP!:rainbowdetermined2:

Hexy
Group Contributor

YAY FOR EXTREMELY LATE COMMENT! I think I'm up for some of this. I've been thinking about trying role playing quite recently, so yeah.

3309753 you should join us in the Changling panick group in the up coming game.:pinkiehappy: if you want to the link is in Adda's comment.

Adda le Blue
Group Admin

I like this plan. As it turns out, I still have a lot to learn before I can run a game for the Army. :twilightblush: I'm still optimistic!

LightningBass94
Group Admin

3266334 That was fuckin' great! :rainbowlaugh: I love how they referenced Lilith911

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 81