One Shots With the Chapter Named 280 members · 2,762 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

Here you can discuss names if you so choose.
such as whether or not you want to duplicate the story name.
Some basic basic/fun ideas
"Story"
"good Stuff Here"
"Hey you Click This"
"The only Chapter"
"Read Me"
"I needed to name this chapter to get into the One Shots With the chapter Named Group So I named My chapter This" (Length was brought up, however that is entirely up to you. Or you could discuss and throw some ideas around.)

I might as well discuss the chapter names for my oneshots here, then. There's only one oneshot that I didn't give more of a chapter name then just duplicating the fanfic name, and that wasn't one of my better ones anyways.

On the story Dark and Deep, I gave the one chapter the odd name of "Autumn Hunting", which I know undoubtedly whooshed past everyone who read it. The fact is this was the working title of the oneshot for a good while.

In fox hunting, they train their younger hounds in autumn in what they call autumn hunting or cub hunting, having them chase down and kill the foxes children. If you've read the story, you may be able to see its relevance. (Warning: this is a dark story without a happy ending.)

The name "Dark and Deep" came from this poem, btw.

On a much lighter note, there's my story Making Friends. The title itself is tongue in cheek, and I made it worse by giving the one chapter the name "Imaginary Ponies Are the Best Ponies". Surprisingly, that seems to have given it a number of hits on google.

That one, well, it's amusing enough before you read the story, but it takes on another meaning after reading the story, and titles like that are the best titles...

Anyways, that's my two bits. I mainly thought I might as well get some discussion of chapter names going here. (And throwing out links to some of my stories is never a bad thing. :twilightblush:)

--arcum42

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2