Daring Do 630 members · 479 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

How do you all see the archaeological mare?

Well, um, daring, obviously. Also she's probably pretty smart. I'd imagine very sarcastic as well. But then again, we've seen so little of her in the show that it's hard to tell.

I would guess pretty much a Pony version of Indiana Jones.

I'm thinking more along the lines of a pony version of Lara Croft, especially compared to her personality from the newest game.

Basically a mix of Indy Jones and Lara Croft. In my own canon, she's a History Professor as well as a contract explorer - basically if somepony wants something, she'll get it for them. My Delilah 'Daring' Do can be rather greedy, though. But one thing she loves is using the historic items she's taken/collected in order to give a more 'hands-on' learning.

"Hey class, today's subject is pre-Celestia Equestria! And here is an actual artifact from said time period."

I've had her as pretty much the pony equivalent of Indiana Jones, only without the love interests that make Indy more like the American version of James Bond.... :unsuresweetie:

I'd like to think that as the books are part of a series, she undergoes some kind of journey, or transformation. As I've done my own stories rather sporadically rather than in sequential order, I've only done glimpses into where she'd be at at any particular point.

I'd like to think Daring changes from a reckless treasure hunter who's in it for personal fortune to a mare with more responsibility and respect for what she finds, and the cultures it comes from. If I had to write a timeline for her, I'd start in the mid 1920s and go until the mid 1940s.

I'd compare it to the way Indy was in the beginning of Raiders of the Lost Ark to how he was at the Last Crusade. He, too grew and gained maturity and respect throughout his adventures.

1152018 And that is why I love your Daring Do series.

I kinda envisioned her as a sarcastic, sometimes rude and inconsiderate mare, but she can also be very kind, caring and friendly when she wants to be. She also has a kid (Scootaloo) whom she likes to call Scootround.

1141785 In theory, As a sum of Twilight and Rainbow. There are some adventure stories (for example, Aitran) where Twilight and Rainbow make a team. That team works just like Daring.
In practice, as a skilled explorer... though, I like more when she's in not so extreme situations. Classical Indiana Jones style does too much restrictions on her behavior.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9