Spankfics 336 members · 516 stories
Comments ( 30 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 30

One thing I often do in stories and RP's is give the spankee control over as many aspects of the spanking as possible. Of course they can't decide against it. However they can reduce it by coming to the disciplinarian rather than having been found out. Also they can decide rather or not they want to be held down. They also can sometimes choose what implement is used. When it's uncertain the disciplinarian could even ask the spankee for their opinion on what punishment is warranted.
I think it can help make them feel the punishment is more deserved. Since they themselves partially chose it.

What do the rest of you think about these ideas?

It can certainly be an interesting take. However this is mainly as a subversion of the default idea that punishment is imposed from above to below. And it fits some characters better than others.

I don't know if that's entirely it. After all in many spankings they don't hold them down and if they struggle the spanker usually tells them to stop and waits until they've done so. That's giving control of the pace of the spanking over to the spankee.

Well, it depends on the character and mood of those involved. Many do go at their own pace..

I do think it can really work with a child. Especially the part where they can reduce their punishment by coming forth and asking for it.,

Of course, there are even those who will ask, or even insist, when they would not have been spanked otherwise. But there are also those who need taking firmly in hand.

And what I described doesn't fit "firmly taken in hand"?
At no point is there ever the opportunity to get out of the spanking entirely.

Yes. I suppose I meant that some kids will not be cooperative, and will exploit any slack they are given.

Of course they will. That's the idea behind it. That they will think about how to influence the punishment and therefore start seeing themselves as an active participant rather than a victim. That the minimum spanking they can get feels more justified to them. After all they could also have gotten no spanking at all by just not doing the crime.

I suppose. But many would rather avoid punishment than take part in it.

Indeed they would and all that would lead to is them being punished harder and longer. While if they cooperated it can be done much softer and quicker.

And yet, many will still fight and struggle - perhaps because they do not consider themselves to deserve it. Of course, one might then wonder if a spanking will actually dissuade them from doing it again...

I didn't say it would immediately solve everything. But I do think it can help make it more effective. Because they actually do feel they can fight back yet in reality it won't let them get out of it.

You haven't really presented any argument as to why it's a bad idea.
Just that it has limitations and isn't an immediate fix.

I think it works for some people and not for others, based on the personalities of adult and child.

For who would it be a net negative?

Kids who make the experience so much of a hassle for the adult they just don't bother, or who just refuse to engage.. Adults who lack the patience for it, or feel the need to affirm their control.

If they don't want to cooperate they will get the maximum punishment of course.

If you lack patience and control you shouldn't be spanking in the first place.

True - not that it stops some people.

Conversely, I think your method works well when the kids feel guilty about what they did.

I don't know about that. After all the idea of this is that they want to reduce their punishment as much as possible. However by doing so they make the spanking itself feel more just.

Feel just to who - them, or the adult, or a reader?

To them. Because they felt like they chose it.

This should start out very simple. Just that they will get reduced spankings if they themselves come forward. With children that's it but then it can get more and more elaborate as they grow older.

Well it encourages honesty, but no more than plea bargaining does.

I don't follow that logic. Plea bargaining is something done after the fact and not in a serious way. The main point is to have them try to actively think about the punishments themselves.

Yeah- but for that to work, they have to consider themselves deserving of punishment.

No. Because if they are just trying to reduce the spanking they are already thinking of it as inevitable. That means naughty behavior is linked to spankings as a fact.

Won't stop kids trying to not get caught.

Like I said before I know it's not a full-proof solution. But it does add an additional incentive to not try to hide it.

Certainly it's good for that.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 30