Maud Pie is Best Pony 890 members · 314 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

I made a story about it, just to get that out first, and it shares what I'll be saying here somewhat, but the question I want to pose to all of you is how she uses her Maud sense, or how it may work.

My personal thoughts are that it is a locator. It helps her find those she needs to, or, more specifically, find the ones who may cause those close to her an issue. This is due to her ability to almost teleport to different ponies, but only when she seems target locked, like with Rarity, or the pony at the end. She as able to simply appear in front of them, despite her slow movement being such a key feature in the rest of the show, let alone the episode.

I want to expand that thought though. Pinkie says that the sense runs through her family, and while Pinkie has shown similar abilities, Pinkie Sense itself does not seem to act on the same parameters. Instead, it predicts the weird, fantastical, and, in the end, harmless. Knowing that these things are coming have actually helped her spread cheer, either by allowing the town to have something fun to react to, or to be able to protect those from what may not be so fun. It does not seem to have the power to help her find people, or know exactly where they are though, as she is snuck up on too much, and has had difficulties finding ponies before.

So, to further the question, if you want, what do you think Limestone's and Marble's 'Senses' are. I don't really have a clue for Marble's as she has been the one we've seen the least amount of action from, but for Limestone, I somewhat think it's omnipotence over her land. She knew what had to not be touched, where the dangers laid, and what would possibly cause issues, at least as Holder's Boulder goes. The only other one she specifies is the crystal cave, which looks like a place that a solid earthquake could cause a lot of problems in, so wanting ponies not to play in there makes sense, especially if she can sense the possibility of an unstable fault line, like the one we saw in the episode with Limestone in it.

This is all just my thoughts of course, and a reaction to really liking the episode, so I could be REALLY off. If you think so, or if you think you have something to add to my arguments, let me know, and have a nice day!

for Limestone, I somewhat think it's omnipotence over her land

I love, love, love the idea of all the Pie sisters having weird senses, but I'm not sure it's this. In "Hearthbreakers", Limestone didn't seem to be aware of what Applejack was doing outside, and didn't notice the danger that AJ's flagpole posed to Holder's Boulder.

5150103 True. Unfortunately, it's the closest I can come up with. My only other real possibility may be business sense, since she is the Pie family member who is supposed to be staying and running the farm, but, like Marble, we have not heard or seen enough of her to make a real accurate argument.

5149921 Perhaps Limestone's senses have yet to fully develop. She is the youngest.:twilightsheepish:

5152429 She is!?:twilightoops: I've been told she might be the oldest actually. I know Marble is younger than Pinkie.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5