Fluttershy's Protectors 282 members · 552 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15
Dramapony
Group Admin

There are a couple i really enjoy. But I think some of my top favorites would have to be Hurricane Fluttershy, Keep Calm and Flutter On, Filli Vanilli and It Ain't Easy Being Breezies. We really see a lot to her in these episodes in both the fears that hold her back and how far her kindness can really go. I don't think a lot of writers realize it, but there are a lot of things that can be done with Fluttershy. Which is also why I enjoy reading/writing stories about her.

How about you? Which Fluttershy episodes do you enjoy and for what reasons. Were there any that you thought could have been done better? If so, which ones and why?

My favorite, hooves down, has got to be Filli Vanilli. It's my favorite episode this season. However, It Ain't Easy Being Breezies is, in my opinion, the worst Fluttershy episode since Putting your Hoof Down.

3067385 I agree with that 100%, IAEBB was absolutely terrible.
DHX needs to stop throwing in random things that make no sense and appear out of thin air. Why haven't we heard of the Breezies before? What are their origins?
It just doesn't make any sense.

Dramapony
Group Admin

3067425 I actually heard that the breezies are reincarnations from G3. Might not be so random as you think. Though, I will admit, Breezies was a bit oddly paced and could have been executed better.

3067425 check out this guy's documentaries, i know he mentions them in one of them.

Filli Vanilli. It confirmed my headcanon that Fluttershy has musical experience.

While I usually say Hurricane Fluttershy, Dragonshy, being the second episode I ever watched (I can't remember what the first one was, so it might as well be the first), also gives me the fuzzies. :rainbowkiss: And this might be a really odd one, but The Stare Master. I actually don't like the episode itself, but Fluttershy singing Hush Now Quiet Now to the Cutie Mark Crusaders was the first FiM thing I ever saw, so it gets placed somewhere on the list just for nostalgic reasons alone.

I loved Filli Vanilli. and Hurricane Fluttershy are great but my fav has to be ....Keep calm and Flutter on... She matched wits with Discord himself and won.. And just so that some commenters know.. Breezies that while changes have been made they came from G 2-3 and are therefor not only not random but very canon. Now jackalopes, parasprites and yes even Zoraca are random things that were added to the newest gen... Though in Zacora's case she became part of the main story even if it is rare,

I think "Putting your hoof down" is at least slightly underrated. I like it personally because it revolves around my three favorite ponies. It isn't THAT bad.

Dramapony
Group Admin

3073247 Actually, Zecora is a zebra and that is technically a horse breed. Ponies = Horses. It makes sense to have her in the cast.

This, is a bit of a tough one. Pretty much every Fluttershy episode I can think of off the top of my head has gotten a positive reaction out of me (yes, that includes Putting Your Hoof Down and It Ain't Easy Being Breezies). The only one I didn't particularly care for was Bats! If, that counts as a Fluttershy episode. :applejackunsure:

But I think the one that has resonated with me the most so far is Filli Vanilli. I will stand by my contention that this probably should've been a Sweetie Belle episode, but that by no means makes the episode bad (unless you consider Tactless Pinkie to be a deal-breaker, which I didn't). Like Flutters and her singing, I'm good at writing. I also like to write. However, I'm not comfortable with self-promotion and getting too much attention for my writing. As such, I was empathizing with Fluttershy's conflict every step of the way. And I loved every moment of it. :scootangel:

3075150 I'm not saying it don't make sense that Zacora not be part of the story.. In fact I think she should be more about her as they are indeed related to the horse and the donkey but the simple fact is she is the ONLY zebra in the story and therefore was/is a random thing...In fact you were to read what Wikipedia says about them. They do hang around other zebras and do not like being alone.. So the fact there is only one is very odd.. Besides I did say she got more popular and became a rare regular,, But it don't make her any less random.. For a sample,,, Griffins which are NOT ponies and are accepted as canon are random.. Random can also mean they are simply not that common or do not appear in every episode.. BTW; Griffins are also new to the story too..

Dramapony
Group Admin

3085262 Perhaps there is a character reason as to why Zecora left her original herd of zebras and settled in Ponyville. It can be a possible aspect of the show that the staff has not yet explored. I guess to expand more on the show and its universe, they have to add some elements such as zebras griffins and breezies. No matter how random.

"Hurricane Fluttershy" takes the title for me. I know that's an unoriginal choice, but the way Cindy Morrow portrayed the friendship between Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash was breathtakingly beautiful. Near the end, there's a very short scene that sums this up: as Rainbow realises Fluttershy has joined the tornado, she (Dash) smiles at her. It's not the usual Rainbow grin or smirk, it's a smile of pure joy. Because the friend who means everything to her is here. It's certainly better than "Putting Your Hoof Down", which has its moments but also has some odd stuff -- the marketplace scene doesn't seem as though it's set in the Ponyville we know at all.

From the other seasons... from S3, it would be "Keep Calm and Flutter On" pretty much by default, despite its rushed ending, since I wasn't too keen on how Fluttershy was written for a lot of that season. Too often, she was a two-position switch, either terrfied or (briefly) terrifying. "Magic Duel" was probably the worst offender there with that absurd "Anything happens to them, Twilight, so help me" line. "KC&FO" also showed how massively powerful Flutters actually is: she's able to (at least to an extent) reform the most dangerous and unpredictable creature in the entire world.

I'm much happier with how 'Shy has been written in S4 so far; for all the faults in the Breezies episode, the only complaint I have about Fluttershy specifically is producing the bee costume out of thin air. That's Pinkie territory. I have mixed feelings about Flutterbat, but "Bats!" does show just how strong-willed our gentle pegasus can be. At the end of the ep -- which takes place squarely on AJ's home turf -- Fluttershy has won on every count. The bats have their sanctuary. Applejack has apologised. And Flutters' closest friend (Dash) is happy. "Filli Vanilli" wins, though, despite Pinkie's stupidity and my indifference to Flutterguy, because it's a long time since I've smiled as much as I did during the bookend songs. Also, some of her expressions are so cute they burn.

Finally, S1. "Dragonshy" has nostalgic value as the first ep I really loved, but I'd probably go for "Green Isn't Your Color". It's quite a sophisticated episode for S1, and I think Rarity and 'Shy make a good combination. (It was nice to see them team up again in "Castle Mane-ia".) I also think "A Bird in the Hoof", though not an outright classic, is greatly underrated. In this episode, the problems begin because of Fluttershy's (compassion-related) impulsiveness in taking Philomena. We also see her as persevering, knowledgeable, patient, level-headed (when trying to calm down Twilight) and even (when taking the blame to Celestia) brave. How anyone could watch this episode and say that Fluttershy's stories are only ever about her overcoming her fears is beyond me.

3085322 That more background will be added is questionable because you never know when they'll decide to stop making the series and start a new one even though I heard rumors of more seasons of 5 more seasons but at least one more is expected by some fans if for no other reason than the jewel box will soon be opened but other than that I agree and I know I would LOVE to learn more of Zorcora's story..

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15