Gun Club 758 members · 351 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

As I’m sure many of you know by now, a George HW-elected federal judge just overturned California’s 32-year ban on so-called “assault weapons”. This is perhaps the one thing I’ve consistently agreed with Republicans on. California’s AG has sworn to get this reversed. I can see this going all the way to the Supreme Court. I obviously hope this spells doom for this kind of legislation, because I live in a state where you can’t own “assault weapons” or use magazines exceeding ten rounds in capacity and I hope it will inspire others do the same in other states. What do you think the odds of success for gun rights will be here?

I was wondering if someone was going to bring this up. California has been a pain in the neck for a lot of us in fly-over territory.

Whether or not the supreme court chooses to hear this case, and whether or not they choose to affirm the lower court ruling, is ultimately going to depend on just how much threatening the court is subjected to by the senate democrats, just like they did in the New York case. If they keep floating the idea of court packing whenever a case comes up they don't want to see overturned, the justices may feel forced to rule the ban constitutional.

It's definitely a good thing.

Of course, now the gun control gasbags will have a new scapegoat for any and all shootings in the gun control capitol of America. And I doubt it'll take much for the people to support a new ban and a new judge.

It's set a precedent for the rest of the states that have violated the people's God given right to self preservation.

I would say it is a constituitional right and not a god given right. Other than that I agree.

I support black scary-looking guns.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7