Gun Club 760 members · 353 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

apparently a bolt action shotgun exists.
ugliest bolt action shotgun

TOZ-106. This makes me lose faith in my country.

Тульский оружейный завод is worst company

The british were doing it with Enfields long before what you are probably referensing.

Because the 'commoner' couldn't own a rifle in Europe, retired Lee Enfield rifles were converted and rechambered to fire 410 shotgun shells post WWII. Hence, a bolt action shotgun.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/tumblr_mj3ki5Elwa1rxw0zuo3_1280.jpg
It looks as bad as it sounds. Why would anyone think this was a good idea?

Oh god, am I the only one ok with this development?

Aesthetically speaking it looks decent. And at the very least it can be a wall hanger and you can be like "Hey, check this weird thing out" to people who don't know about it.

If I recall, they were/are used in India by prison guards.

There were bolt action single shot shotguns in the late 19th/early 20th Century before they kinda fell out of favour, I don't really see the problem with it.

The bolt action is one of the simplest and cheapest to produce actions around outside of some single shot ones like the break barrel and trapdoor, which is why military rifles quickly favoured it over the more complicated lever action.

The pump action itself is also a really simple mechanism so I don't think there's as large of a cost gain over it compared to a lever action, but still. If it works reliably and can be made cheaply, I see nothing to complain about.

It's just a little weird.

Savage also makes one:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9